Question about goodie bags and delivering them

Snuggle26

I love the idea of doing goodie bags for our family reunion. My question is how to get them all delivered to the room. Is there a way you can send them to the ship early and have them waiting in the room when they arrive or do you have to take them yourself and pass them out? I like the idea of it being a complete surprise.

Were sailing on RCL if that helps

Thanks so much

Lisa

• 4 weeks later...
I love the idea of doing goodie bags for our family reunion. My question is how to get them all delivered to the room. Is there a way you can send them to the ship early and have them waiting in the room when they arrive or do you have to take them yourself and pass them out? I like the idea of it being a complete surprise.

Thanks so much

Lisa

I am doing the same thing. I have had Canvas totes made for each cabin (4 including mine). I think I will give them to my mom, sister and our friend when we are leaving the hotel to head to the ship. My problem right now is trying to figure out what to put in each bag, I want to make them individualized, but similar in many ways too. So far, I have the totes with the picture of the Dolphin we swam with last year on it, sun tan lotion of course and a travel game which is selected for the person to whom it going. I will probably add some snacks and a bottle of wine too.

• 5 weeks later...

Now you have me thinking. On our Crusie Oct 11, 2008 we have friends going with us and it will be their very 1st Cruise to Hawaii RT out of San Diego. Wondering what I could do for their room or for them. This maybe the time to have one of those packages made up. Any suggestions we could do for our Friends for their 1st Cruise. Thank you

you can also add the disposable underwater or regular cameras, chap stick, highlighter pens, the small bottles of sunscreen that have the metal clips so you can attach them to your beach bag, lanyard to hold your room key,

Cd with tropical music,magazines to enjoy by the pool, candies, flower leis,

decorative magnets for the door, small handheld fan,hand gel or wet wipes.

you can also add the disposable underwater or regular cameras, chap stick, highlighter pens, the small bottles of sunscreen that have the metal clips so you can attach them to your beach bag, lanyard to hold your room key,

Cd with tropical music,magazines to enjoy by the pool, candies, flower leis,

decorative magnets for the door, small handheld fan,hand gel or wet wipes.

When I first read this I thought you said 'disposable underwear' *laugh*

• 3 months later...

Where can you order the tote bags? We have a group going on the Carnival Legend in January. We are going to do our own door decorations. We also want to make everyone a travel booklet. We will put a ship photo on the front and pages inside for our ports of call, group excursions, group get togethers, tips, etc. We are going to make them pocket size so everyone can take them to shore. We also want to do a week long Scavenger Hunt. Any ideas for items to put on the list? They must be obtainable but, not too easy to find. We are also going to plan a Poker Run for our first full day on ship. I love the idea of tote bags and we could put the booklets inside - along with other goodies. Suggestions items for inside the bag - Waterproof safes and lanyards.

Thanks so much

Lisa

This is the best little gift that everyone can enjoy and is really inexpensive.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Cruising-Caddy-Water-Bottle-Holder-for-Travel_W0QQitemZ200153149424QQihZ010QQcategoryZ16085QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

2001531494248080_1.jpg

If you ask the seller a question, there's a link at the right of the picture and tell him how many you want, he will sell them for $4.99 and send them all with one shipping charge. Do not click the buy it now feature for $6.99.

Travelsmith dot com has disposable underwear. :o

Back to the original questions:

How about:

• A small journal to write down memorable moments.
  • Packs of gum to take on the tours
  • Sticky notes to leave messages for the room steward/stewardess

Are the entry doors to the cabins magnetic?

Has anyone askes their room steward to decorate the room/door with decorations you provide to them?

I am thinking of redocorating for every day or every other day -- we have bon voyage, birthday and thanksgiving.

Does anyone know if we can ship this to the ship ahead of time and how to do this?

Me too!:D

We had a family reunion a few years ago. I made goodie bags for each sibling (with items for their spouses, if applicable), my parents, and each child. I also wrote a personal note for each sibling. We all embarked at different times, which was good because I had to assemble the bags. I had my husband help me take them to the dining room since this would be the first time we would be all together. The bags were gift bag size (6x9?) not large totes, so after oohing and aahing we just put them under the table.

• 3 years later...

Archived