HAL Mexican Riviera Dockside Internet Cafes - Has Anyone Used Them?

Dance2Nite

:confused: CC'ers,

Has anyone used any land-based Internet cafe's in the Sea of Cortez cruise ports and, if so, where? What was your experience?

We won't be taking our laptop with us on our 4/22 10 day Ryndam cruise to the Sea of Cortez (:D 16 days and counting:D ) and want to know the likelyhood of finding an Internet access point while in port. I imagine it will be limited to the larger stops (Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, Cabo San Lucas) but maybe not? We would like to stay in touch with home and want to know if this is a feasible alternative?

Thanks for any replies.

Ray & Kay - Dance2Nite

Everyone time we have stopped in Mazatlan I use the internet cafe at the shops area right at the pier. I believe it cost $2.00 for an hour which is a bargain. They are not the super fast but they are a slow Cable/DSL. The computers wrok fairly well for their age.

We just used the one at the port in PV and it was also very cheap and plenty fast. I didn't notice any in Loreto or La Paz but I bet if you ask you'll be directed to one. If you want my opinion, your days in the Sea of Cortez should be spent on the Sea of Cortez. It is full of sealife and beautiful, especially Loreto, La Paz and Cabo. Rent a panga or do an excursion and get out there! I want to go back!

The dockside one in PV is great - we were there in December and I think it was like $1 or $2 for an hour. I only used it for 10 minutes and still it was a bargain.

In Cabo find the Theory Cafe (outdoor cafe located on a little courtyard off the main walkway/near the marina) and you get 20 minutes of free internet (on their laptop) with the purchase of a drink - I think it was like $3 for an iced coffee or something like that.

Archived