Cosol tours

Sailor Gal

Our arrival time was 8AM for the Pearl in March and we met Cosol at 8:30 with no problem. It's hard to remember, but I believe we got in well before 8. Be assured that Cosol is familiar with all the ship's schedules and deals with this almost every day. I hope you have a wonderful time. I love St. Lucia!

Hie.

I visited St.Lucia in April with my 16 year old son. We had booked a tour with cosol and even though it was easter and some of the places were closed and the cruise line also changed the plan to depart earlier we had a very nice day! It is a very beautiful island absolutely worth seeing from the land side. He stops at a lot of interesting places and I would really recommend him to anyone. GO FOR COSOL!

There were nice views,lots of photo opportunities, we handled a snake, saw banana plantations and cashewnut trees and other interesting vegetation. We went to the drive in volcano, a beautiful waterfall with a nice botanical park. We saw the twin peaks and had a swim at a beach. The best part about cosol is cosol himself. He is funny, he gives you all the information you want and he is very attentive to your needs. Water, soft drinks and his very special homemade rum punch! It is also nice to see how people actually live around the island. So again GO FOR COSOL!

I would again - anytime!

progress.gif

Is anyone else taking this tour that is on the Destiny the date of May 13th taking this tour? I can't talk anyone else in my group to go with me, so I am going alone on this one. I know they will be so upset when I get back and tell them all about it, that is ok---they can make a decision!!! Thanks

I'm sure the number of people on the tour varies from day to day. When we went there were 4 passenger vans with people from different cruise lines. I would definitely feel comfortable taking this tour by myself. I think we had 9 people in our van and did not feel cramped at all. It was fun and we had a lot of laughs with our driver Adrian. :D

sunnystone, you should probably begin a new thread with your question and title it appropriately so it will catch the attention of someone who may have done a snorkeling tour. I'll bet people that may be able to answer it aren't seeing it here. :)

we were late and cosol left w/ out us :( but another vendor called him on the cell phone and he came back for us :):) Very accomodating! I am not prone to car sickness but did feel woozy in St. Lucia. To say windy roads is an understatement! Be proactive take some meds before you head off. Beautiful island with YUMMY food!!!

sunnystone, you should probably begin a new thread with your question and title it appropriately so it will catch the attention of someone who may have done a snorkeling tour. I'll bet people that may be able to answer it aren't seeing it here. :)

According to the web site and the info Cosol sent me they do a snorkeling tour. I was referring to that piece not a general question as it might have appeared.

Oh, I see - I wasn't aware that Cosol had different tours, just the standard one on the website. (which does include a stop for snokeling) Hopefully, someone else has been on it and can help you out.

After reading all the replies about tours, I just want to say that everyone was right on the money. COSOL Tours did a great job. We feel like we got a feel for the island. Between the food tastes, the beach and snorkeling, we more than got our monies worth. We even had time at the end to shop. We saw alot and got alot of info -especially from YELLOW BIRD. When we told others that night what we got for our money, they were very surprised. They didn't get nearly what we did. We highly recommend them.:)

We used Cosol tours last week. He was on time, where he said and went above and beyond what all the other tours did. The food tasting just added to the enjoyment of the tour. We felt that he gave us a real feel for the island. We would definitely recommend Cosol Tours. :)

After reading all the replies about tours, I just want to say that everyone was right on the money. COSOL Tours did a great job. We feel like we got a feel for the island. Between the food tastes, the beach and snorkeling, we more than got our monies worth. We even had time at the end to shop. We saw alot and got alot of info -especially from YELLOW BIRD. When we told others that night what we got for our money, they were very surprised. They didn't get nearly what we did. We highly recommend them.:)

Hi,

We are planning to take COSOL's tour in January. Could you tell me if the beach he takes you to snorkel has the gear to rent and how much it costs. Also, is there a place in the shade for people that do not want to snorkel? Was the snorkeling any good?

Thank you

Debr

We were also on the tour with Cosul last week, and can't say enough great things about the tour. This was by far the best city/island tour I've taken and you can't beat the price. We were a little late waiting for everybody to arrive. He also allowed a couple that didn't have a reservation join their new friends they had met on ship. So if you're not 100% sure you want to book, you very well maybe able to join the tour at the last minute, of course I can't guarantee it.

You can rent snorkel gear at the resort for I believe they quoted $11. There are chairs and umbrellas on the beach, but you have to pay for them, I believe it's $20. We snorkeled for about 45 minutes and then sat under a tree for free. The snorkling wasn't great, but was very good.

I agree - the snorkeling was very good. I don't remember the rates, since we brought our own equipment, but keep in mind that it is a Hilton resort, and everything is a little pricey. There definitely is shade to sit it, though, without springing for an umbrella. If you'd like to see pictures, their website is http://www.thejalousieplantation.com/Content/87.htm . It is a beautiful beach!

I just booked a private tour with Cosul for November 27th and wanted to thank those of you who recommended him. IF the tour goes as smoothly as my correspondence with him, it will be fantastic! His son seems very professional and knowlegable and was very easy to deal with via email.

Thanks again and I LOVE CRUISE CRITIC!:)

Sharon

Woo-Hoo, I just booked with Cosul today for our November cruise.:) I am so excited after reading the rave reviews here.:)

We booked a private tour. Does anyone know if we will still be in a van? Just the 2 of us? Or maybe Cosul has cars for private tours? It really doesn't matter to me.

We've never been to St. Lucia before and when we were in St.Kitts a few years ago, we really didn't see anything because I got sick right before we were supposed to meet for our tour and we missed it completely The beauty of the area was apparent even from the dock and I can't wait to go back!

Thanks in advance for your answers.:)

Sharon

Woo-Hoo, I just booked with Cosul today for our November cruise.:) I am so excited after reading the rave reviews here.:)

We booked a private tour. Does anyone know if we will still be in a van? Just the 2 of us? Or maybe Cosul has cars for private tours? It really doesn't matter to me.

We've never been to St. Lucia before and when we were in St.Kitts a few years ago, we really didn't see anything because I got sick right before we were supposed to meet for our tour and we missed it completely The beauty of the area was apparent even from the dock and I can't wait to go back!

Thanks in advance for your answers.:)

Sharon

Sharon, how much was the quote for a private tour? Might want to consider it

Bluebreeze

We booked Cosol for a private tour in February for 4 of us. My sister has walking difficulties and was afraid that people might get impatient if they always had to wait for her to catch up, be helped on and off the tour van, and have the seat with the best legroom.

It was great as we were always first at the stops and the beach! We could also stop and get off whenever we wanted to, or spend more or less time at each stop depending on whether it interested us or not.

The four of us were in a brand new 8 seater van so we had plenty of room to spread around.

Oh, by the way it was $240 against the cost of $180 to be part of the normal tour group.

Archived