Cosol tours

Sailor Gal

I have been reading about Cosol Tours and 2X tours and can't decide who to choose. Sounds like both tours emphasize tasting food. What sights do you visit? I'm more interested in seeing things than eating food. Thanks for your recomemndations.

We booked our St. Lucia tour with Cosol Tours based on the many, many great reviews here on CC and we were not disappointed. This was one of the best island tours we have taken out of 4 cruises. I felt that we really "saw" the island. We stopped at a banana plantation, drove through very scenic areas and small villages, saw the drive in volcano, a botanical garden with a beautiful waterfall and stopped at the beach between the Pitons. Breathtaking is all I can say. The foods offered are not to be missed. I reccomend trying everything. :)

It was a full day, and one I will never forget.

Happy sailing!:)

Hi!!! I just left St. Lucia a few hours ago (I'm on the Maasdam right now). Let me tell you that Cosol tour was wonderful. He was right in the port with his sign when we got off the ship. After everyone arrived, we headed out.

Now, be warned, my tour was a little shorter due to the time in port and Easter Sunday. So we didn't get any of the famous fish cakes and bread due to Easter. But it didn't cut out any of the fun.

We toured the fishing villages, stopped to drink coconut water right out the fruit. Viewed the various plants,etc. Stopped for great photo!!

Went to the Hilton resort that's between the Pintons. Great photo ops.

The rum punch is very good, but punch a kick later on!!

Cosol has a pride in his island and you can tell when he talks about himself and his island. Gave alot of great info about St. Luica.

Got us back to the boat with plenty of time to spare.

I really enjoyed his tour and would do it again.

P.S. The roads are very narrow and winding. If you are carsick, sit in the middle.

Happy sailing!!

On the Maasdam right now sailing toward Barbados!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi!!! I just left St. Lucia a few hours ago (I'm on the Maasdam right now). Let me tell you that Cosol tour was wonderful. He was right in the port with his sign when we got off the ship. After everyone arrived, we headed out.

Now, be warned, my tour was a little shorter due to the time in port and Easter Sunday. So we didn't get any of the famous fish cakes and bread due to Easter. But it didn't cut out any of the fun.

We toured the fishing villages, stopped to drink coconut water right out the fruit. Viewed the various plants,etc. Stopped for great photo!!

Went to the Hilton resort that's between the Pintons. Great photo ops.

The rum punch is very good, but punch a kick later on!!

Cosol has a pride in his island and you can tell when he talks about himself and his island. Gave alot of great info about St. Luica.

Got us back to the boat with plenty of time to spare.

I really enjoyed his tour and would do it again.

P.S. The roads are very narrow and winding. If you are carsick, sit in the middle.

Happy sailing!!

On the Maasdam right now sailing toward Barbados!!!

You will have to go back because Big Mama's fish cakes with the hot sauce are to die for. The Hot bread with cheese from the bakery is the best. Did you get to try the cookies??? Yum!!!

After all of the free food, beer, rum punch and spiced rum, I was to full for diner.

We were on the Cosol tour 4/5/07 and were very impressed by everything. We had our 4yr old daughter with us and she loved it. Not to mention he didn't charge us for her. :D

It is everything that everyone has said about it. Your won't be disappointed. All of his drivers are very friendly and knowledgeable. Plenty of food and drink.

We would definitely do it again.

and make sure that if you get car sick at all to take a bonine that morning (kids too!) The roads are very mountainous.

Beautiful island, wonderful people, great tour....

Jolousie Beach was stunning!!! http://www.thejalousieplantation.com/content/87.htm

I have been kicking myself ever since I got back for not buying a bottle of Big Mama's hot sauce. It was SO good!
I bought some but is it way hotter than I remember:eek: maybe I should mix it with the banana ketchup:o

You will have to go back because Big Mama's fish cakes with the hot sauce are to die for. The Hot bread with cheese from the bakery is the best. Did you get to try the cookies??? Yum!!!

After all of the free food, beer, rum punch and spiced rum, I was to full for diner.

What was the price for this tour??? Did you have plenty of time to get back to the ship??? I usually take the ship tours because I am very concerned about getting back to the ship on time. I have not found any tours that I really like. I have read so many good reviews about this tour and I am very interested. Did he stop and let you take pictures? I get so mad at some tour guides, you want pictures, do they not understand this. I want a good tour guide. I want to see the beauty of the island. I want to do a little shopping for souvenirs, did you have time to do this after the tour??? Thank you and any additional information would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks

The cost of the tour is $45 and includes admission prices to the drive through volcano and the Botanical gardens. It lasts 5-6 hours, but we arrived back in Castries before 3PM and had plenty of time to go down to the straw market and shop afterwards. The tour takes you around Castries and past the Governor's Mansion, to the banana plantation, the fishing villages of Anse La Raye and Canaries, Marigot Bay, the Botanical Gardens which has a beautiful waterfall, the volcano, and finally to the beach for 1 to 1-1/2 hours. There are also a few stops along the way where there are restrooms and local souvenirs available, and there were tons of opportunities for picture taking. You really do get a good overview of the entire island with this tour, but you stop so much that it didn't seem like a long ride at all to me. The vans are air-conditioned and very comfortable, and he carries a cooler of drinks along, also.

His website seems to be down right now, so you can email him at cosol966@

hotmail.com directly. If you are going any time soon, I would get in contact with him ASAP to insure getting a spot.

What was the price for this tour??? Did you have plenty of time to get back to the ship??? I usually take the ship tours because I am very concerned about getting back to the ship on time. I have not found any tours that I really like. I have read so many good reviews about this tour and I am very interested. Did he stop and let you take pictures? I get so mad at some tour guides, you want pictures, do they not understand this. I want a good tour guide. I want to see the beauty of the island. I want to do a little shopping for souvenirs, did you have time to do this after the tour??? Thank you and any additional information would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks

Cosol was always very aware of the time. He said that he has never missed a ship and he never will..:)

We were traveling with our small daughter and I will admit that at first I was nervous about booking something outside of the cruise line. I'm so thankful we did! We saved $$$ and had a really great and memorable day.

Book with Cosol and you won't regret it. :)

PS - our driver was Cosol's cousin Adrian (sp?) and I wouldn't have traded him for Cosol if given the chance... he was excellent! Funny and very accommodating. So don't be disappointed if you don't get Cosol. I really don't know why some people obsess so about getting him. He hand picks his drivers. They are mostly his relatives and friends and you will see plenty of Cosol on your tour. Adrian really made us laugh, as well as the great van companions we had :D

I could kick myself! I only purchased two bottles of hot sauce and two banana ketchup. I'm down to only a half a bottle of each. The stuff is so additicive! The first day that I was home, I opened the hot sauce.

Cosol stopped and I purchace some homemade rum from a lady that he suggested. The stuff is so good!!

I guess that I need to just plan another cruise to get my sauce and ketchup :) !

My husband and I just returned from our honeymoon aboard the Apr 13th sailing of the Norwegian Pearl and I have to say that St. Lucia was by far, the best of the best due to the one and only, COSOL!!!!

I really don't feel the need to go into all of the details because it's all best said before....which is exactly why I booked him in the first place. His ambition and devotion to his customers, his business and his country are evitdent throughout the tour.

In closing, I truly hope that his business continues to grow by leaps and bounds to other islands/countries of the Caribbean - NOTHING and/or NOONE COMPARES TO COSOL!!!!!!:)

We were on Cosol's tour in December. Just so you are aware, the roads are very steep and winding and many of us on the tour became carsick. The tour included a trip to the drive through volcano that was interesting but be sure to wear shoes for walking steep steps. The visit to the banana plantation consisted of stopping the van on the side of the road and looking out at the banana plants. The highlight for us was the one hour we spent at the beach between the pitons. Make sure to bring a change of clothes if you want to go into the water, those who didn't were shivering in the van's AC on the way back. Cosol is charming but we felt the tour was over rated and we would have done anything to avoid that carsick ride. Just giving my opinion.

We were on Cosol's tour in December. Just so you are aware, the roads are very steep and winding and many of us on the tour became carsick. The tour included a trip to the drive through volcano that was interesting but be sure to wear shoes for walking steep steps. The visit to the banana plantation consisted of stopping the van on the side of the road and looking out at the banana plants. The highlight for us was the one hour we spent at the beach between the pitons. Make sure to bring a change of clothes if you want to go into the water, those who didn't were shivering in the van's AC on the way back. Cosol is charming but we felt the tour was over rated and we would have done anything to avoid that carsick ride. Just giving my opinion.

I'm sorry you had such a disappointing time, I was wondering if you researched Cosol before you took his tour. Every post on CC I have read tells of the windy roads and informs us all to take care to bring the bonine, ginger etc. Maybe you are just one that would rather relax at the beach than take an informative, educational tour. I totally understand that. If you had read all the threads on Cosol you should have been well aware of what to expect from this tour. Hope you had a better time on the other islands you visited.

It's a shame you didn't have a great time. I think just about any land tour would give you a problem in regards to the windy roads, not just Cosol's tour. It was definitely something that would make you carsick if you are at all prone to it. My daughter gets carsick from short trips in the car around home sometimes, so she took Bonine at the beginning of the day and didn't have any problems, although one lady on our van did.

I had wanted to mention before, there are places to change clothes at Jalousie - we really weren't sure before our trip and wore our bathing suits underneath our clothes. Just FYI!

We just booked the Cosol tour his e-mail said to meet at 8:20 and leave at 8:30. Is that his time or ship time, we don't dock until 8:00, that doesn't seem like that leaves much room for error in case it takes a while to get off the ship.

We just booked the Cosol tour his e-mail said to meet at 8:20 and leave at 8:30. Is that his time or ship time, we don't dock until 8:00, that doesn't seem like that leaves much room for error in case it takes a while to get off the ship.

When we sailed last August (same itinerary) we were told this is the off season for them. I would say the locals were the worst in Antigua (although most accepted No Thanks, there were so many it felt lik ethey were constantly pushing. In St Lucia I though the were monderate (after all they are trying to make a living. Cosol does a good job in controlling the locals so a no thanks usually is all that needed. Since I a Catamaran in Barbados I can't comment on the locals there. St Maarten seemed to push Timeshare tours. St Thomas was mostly taxi and tours.

Overall, we should be the only ship in each port which will make for a much less crowded feeling. And I think you are correct that Destiny docks at the other port as I don't recall seeing any other ship at the Pan American docks when we sailed Adventure before.

I think his time is the ships time..and I believe from everything I've read that he will wait for each one of his guests for a reasonable amount of time.

frito58- We just booked last night also , and have the same concern , we are on the destiny and coming in at 8:00 , i did email him back to doulbe check that he will be there till we get there and that we will do everything we can to be prompt. We also booked with Levi in Dominica and he said if the ship is late for any reason he will be right there waiting till we get there .when i get my reply i from cosol i will post it.

reading all these posts has really got me excited!!! we leave in 9 days & i've had my reservations with Cosol for a while now!!!

CAN HARDLY WAIT!!! YIPEEEEEEEEEEE

Ann I am so jealous, I wish we were leaving in 9 too. I just wanted to wish you a wonderful cruise and we'll be waiting for a review upon your return.

Archived