Cruise from hell . . . . video

Just a bit of fun guys ~

Found this little clip while surfing the net.

Thought we'd share it with those brave enough to view. Not for the faint hearted.:eek:

This is in fact reminisent of the last 3 days of my (Lynne) first cruise crossing from Auckland to Sydney back in 1976 on Fairstar.

We were caught in a huge storm 12 hours out of Auckland and we were 1 day late getting into Sydney. All were safe but the bars and restaurants were mighty empty for the first 24 hours of the storm !!!

As you can see it did not put us of future cruises.

:D Enjoy ~ http://www.dumbr.com/2481_Cruise-From-Hell.html

The clip is from 2005 in the Mediterranean! They'd lost power for awhile but were able to restart the engines (or AN engine) and limp into port. The video shows them wallowing without power. Mighty scary. . .can you imagine being a passenger on that ship?? :eek:

Ive seen this one a few times on youtube.

Scary stuff. Its a great ship though. Her and her sister ship were the fastest cruise ships when they were built, a cruising speed of 27 knots. The star only cruises at 18 knots.

I just found on youtube some great footage from some party girls aboard the Pacific Sun - if your looking for something different have a look at "parisblonde" youtube vid's. There really funny!!!:D

Liz

Thats just herendous:eek: I cant even imagine going through something like that! I'd be freakin out, that's all i know...they would have to sedate me, their would be no other option!

I just had a thought of a doctor armed with a syringe trying get his balance in order to sedate you, qt_esme. :eek: :eek:

Someone falling all over the place and coming at you with a needle? Now THAT would be scary. :D :D

Hi ,

was that cruise from NZ in april 1976.I sailed on my honeymoon on 14.4.1976 from sydney on an 18 day cruise and aukland was our last port before home .i remember leaving NZ and it was a still night and my wife asked me if i thought the crossing would be ok.i told her it can change at anytime across the tasman and we were still in protected waters .its was about 3.30am in the morning when it hit...hugh seas,heaps of rolling and pitching.the 2nd worst seas i have encountered.in remember heaps of people sick and the restaruants practically empty.the worst seas i ever encountered was on the Ocean Monach in 1972...absolutely hugh sea...i loved it and still do today.happy cruising

Archived