Passport Processing question

montekat

Since the gov't. has decreed that passports will be required by certain dates and knowing that people will be flooding the system with applications, why haven't they increased the staff needed to process these applications? Yes, people have been aware that the new requirements are coming, but not everyone may know when they are going to need one, such as someone who finds a great last minute deal. Thank goodness I only need to renew mine after my cruise in June.

Since the gov't. has decreed that passports will be required by certain dates and knowing that people will be flooding the system with applications, why haven't they increased the staff needed to process these applications? Yes, people have been aware that the new requirements are coming, but not everyone may know when they are going to need one, such as someone who finds a great last minute deal. Thank goodness I only need to renew mine after my cruise in June.

They have increased staff and working long hours to get things done. The staff working the long hours and trying to meet everyones needs, need to be commended for their hard work and efforts. They to not hire nor do they set policy, they do the work. If traveling, you should know the travel requirements. Last minute deals, need a passport, don't have one, don't book. Pretty simple to figure out. As far as your renewal, do you have another trip planned. Keep the current conditions in mind before you book. Guess it is pretty simple to figure out since you travel.

Why do you think they haven't? Almost every article I've read about this said that they added employees in preparation.

But, you know, just like the holidays at amazon.com, no amount of preparation and hiring will be foolproof, and there will always be a pile-up at some point!

Why do you think they haven't? Almost every article I've read about this said that they added employees in preparation.

But, you know, just like the holidays at amazon.com, no amount of preparation and hiring will be foolproof, and there will always be a pile-up at some point!

Think this thread was started due to someone not having anything better to do. :mad:

Hey Montekat----Robb and Tony here. Glad to hear you are off on another cruise. We leave on May 18 for the Medit. Got my passport renewed last fall after our trip with you guys. It was a little early but I knew there would be a crush if I waited until this spring. It only took 4 weeks at the time.

hope to see you guys on another cruise sometime.:D

Archived