To those concerned with Sleep Inn in Dania....

Details

We checked in today for a one night stay prior to cruise. Everything is fine. No mold, room very clean, staff very helpful, thus far....no complaints. At least four restaurants right across the street. We ate at the Mexican one, outside, and it was great. No complaints. We are not using the free shuttle tomorrow as we need handicapped assistance so we will be taking a taxi that will drop us off at the appropriate site. The front desk told us this cab ride should be around $15. Not bad. I know this hotel has gotten a lot of negatives lately, but we are satisfied. Maybe we are just easy to please? There was a strong smell when we entered room such as a room deodorizer, but it dissipated quickly. Also, we are leaving car here for a cost of $7/day as opposed to port which charges $12/day.

I hope this helps..........

Hi! I stayed here on April 3rd. Like you I had no problems with the hotel. My room also had a strong cleaning odor when I first checked in. But when I returned from the supermarket and dollar store, it was gone.

I used the shuttle service for the cruise and requested my time when I checked out for after 1 p.m.. No problem at all.

The only problem that I had was with a non hotel staff (car rental person that tried to overcharge me for driving to the beach. The guy at the car rental desk told me $5. When I got to the beach the drive wanted $20 stating that what a taxi would cost. I gave him $5. I rode a taxi back and it was only $8)

I would stay here again with no problem (except for the car rental people)

My husband and I will be staying at this hotel on April 27th and I was a bit concerned after the recent reports I have seen. This certainly helps ease my mind! All I want is a clean place to stay the night before our cruise. I hope I can sleep, but know that I will probably be way too excited to sleep a wink!

I stayed on the 3rd floor. I think it was room 323. I know that my room was facing the back parking lot of the hotel. The hotel back is next to a neighborhood. Frankly I wouldn't want a house where people from a hotel can look down into your backyard and sunroom.

You get what you pay for. I did not expect much and I didn't get much. As I posted on the other thread we were on the second floor. The room was worn and could have used some carpet cleaning but the bed and bathroom were clean. I am finicky and will never stay here again but as I stated in the other thread - last year we stayed at the Sheraton Yankee Clipper, paid lots of money, and smelt mold for our entire stay. Next time we may stay outside of Ft. Lauderdale as we always have a car.

No problem w/being upclose & personal. All relatives!!!!!

It would be nice if we all could have a bed as opposed to someone sleeping on the floor. But if that is the case, it is going to be the youngest:D Us old people can't take that hard floor.

Good Morning Tina,

I will be staying at the SI next w/end. I'll post on our roll call. BTW, are your six in the room up close and very good friends/relatives? There is no separation of the "rooms" in the suite. Lana

Lana,

Check out that sofabed in the suite for me next weekend. If the snoring from the other relatives is too much in January, I'll be knocking on your door:D

Debbie

Debbie, we will probably have to key a card for you. Just remember, we do not book a nonsmoking room. I hope the windows open as that is my preferrence. Tina, there are 2 queen size beds and a double sleeper sofa per 'suite' description so I would guess the room should accomodate 6. I have visions of Archie and the Bunker family lining up in the morning, lol!

We stayed here last cruise in Feb and the hotel was fine. The carpet could have been cleaner as my socks got dirty walking on it. The rest was ok for a one night stay. We used the free shuttles and they were on time and convenient. We will try someplace different for our next trip just because we didn't like the location.

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed here last weekend after a very long day flying from Amsterdam to Atlanta to Ft. Lauderdale. We called the hotel from baggage claim and their shuttle picked us up at the airport within 15 minutes. We were checked in (4 couples) and in our rooms within 15 minutes. We were on the 2nd floor near the elevator and ice machine. The room was not huge but was clean and comfortable and the breakfast the next morning was hot and appetizing with everything from juices and cereal to waffles, eggs, toast, danish, milk, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, etc. The front desk staff was helpful in recommending three restaurants across the street (Mexican, Chinese and Italian). We chose the Italian one, run by a family, and had the best Italian food we 4 had eaten in years. We made reservations for an airport shuttle for the next afternoon and there were no problems. Maybe I was just so exhausted that any place would have looked good to me but I have absolutely no complaints about the facility or the staff, and would not hesitate to stay there again. There was also a Walgreens across the parking lot from the hotel.

We did two days pre-cruise on the first floor and one day post-cruise on the third floor! We had no problems...:p

The staff was very efficient, called a cab when we needed one, and the shuttle was prompt. Enough restaurants close by, and Walgreens was a plus for last minute shopping...

We opted to eat at Bubba Gumps twice while in FLL.. A favorite of the DW! :D

We did two days pre-cruise on the first floor and one day post-cruise on the third floor! We had no problems...:p

The staff was very efficient, called a cab when we needed one, and the shuttle was prompt. Enough restaurants close by, and Walgreens was a plus for last minute shopping...

We opted to eat at Bubba Gumps twice while in FLL.. A favorite of the DW! :D

When did this open? and what was the cost to get there and back from SI?

Archived