Zaandam - Neptune Loune?

Peggy Sue

This is why we booked a cat. A instead of an S on our upcoming BtoBs on the Zaandam in Dec. Didn`t see the extra cost, which was quite a bit on the Holiday cruise, as being worth it with no Neptune Lounge....jean

Hi does "No Neptune" mean no concierge service at all? I realize that the suite amenities are in place, but how do you access the special services?

Do you still have to stand in line at the front desk or are tender tickets etc delivered to the suite?

Thanks,

GN

There is no concierge service when there is no Neptune Lounge.

We have cruised a great many times in "S" cabins before most of the ships had a Neptune Lounge.

We got the included dry cleaning/laundry, the cockails parties, the corsages, personalized stationery etc and the tender passes were slid under our door the evening before a tender port.

You will have to go to the office to register your credit card and to deal with any office type things that you would usually be able to tend to in the Neptune Lounge. It is no big deal and takes just a few minutes of your time but we would dearly miss a Neptune at this point seeing as almost all of the ships now have it.

When it was only Rotterdam and Amsterdam, we accepted the fact we would do without it but now we expect to use/have it.

I agree totally with you, KK and s7s, the Neptune Lounge is wonderful, and I will miss it on our New Year's Zaandam cruise. We had originally booked an A cabin, but the suite prices dropped SO dramatically, that we decided the price was well worth the extra space and amenities. DH has never cruised, so he won't know what he's missing. I'm hoping that it will bring back memories of my first cruise experience when DM and I enjoyed the luxury of our suite on the Ryndam before she had a Neptune Lounge. We still thought we had landed in heaven.

Grannynurse, you and DH will love your suite, even without the little extras and the concierge service. Can't wait to share my DH's conversion to cruise lover with friends!!!

Archived