Activities on Embarkation Day

macy

Hi,

We leave on the Crown Princess on Saturday and am wondering if there are any activities that take place on the day of embarkation? Also, does anyone know if they will have any of the pools open? Other cruises we've been on they have been cleaning the pools on the day we get on, so we are just wondering about this one.

We are flying down on Friday and trying to decide if we should get on the ship early or wait until later in the evening.

Thanks for your help.

Mary

Just got off the Grand yesterday. We arrived at the port a little after noon. The lines were already long, but it went pretty fast.

I saved all the Princess Patters. Activities begin at 11:30, and the Horizon Court is open for lunch. The putting green opens at noon, and the pool is open. The band plays poolside melodies from 2:30 to 3:30, and the ship has a tour beginning at 3:00.

When we left on the Crown, the sailaway was late; around 11pm. Every Saturday there is a fiesta in Old San Juan near pier 4. It runs from about 1 or 2pm till 7pm or so. Live, music, dancers, street vendors etc. Since there is not a whole lot going on on the ship, you might want to consider it. In any event, hope you have a great cruise. Bon Voyage!

Thanks for the information. The Fiesta sounds like a lot of fun, so maybe we will check that out. Nice to hear that some of the pools should be open. I didn't realize that there would be a Princess Patters on the first day.

Thanks for all of the information.

Mary

I didn't realize that there would be a Princess Patters on the first day.
Yes, there will be a Patter in your cabin when you board. On Princess, all cabins are ready for you when you board so you don't have to hang around a lounge or somewhere until yours is ready.

The Patter in your cabin will list all dining rooms and what's open at what time. It will also give you the time of Muster as well as the entertainment for the evening, movies on the TV, etc.

Your cabin steward will be by very shortly after you arrive (I don't know how they do this but they seem to know who has boarded and are there in your cabin minutes later) to introduce him/herself and ask if you have any questions or requests.

Archived