Is it necessary to purchase tickets online for the Van Gogh Museum?

stipmom

I know there are usually mid day lines for the Anne Frank House but are there usually lines at the Van Gogh Museum. We will be in Amsterdam April 24 and are planning to go around 11:30. Thanks.

I know there are usually mid day lines for the Anne Frank House but are there usually lines at the Van Gogh Museum. We will be in Amsterdam April 24 and are planning to go around 11:30. Thanks.

Usually no, there are no long lines at Van Gogh. Also April 24 is not highseason and during the week, not on a weekend.

That said...I cannot guarantee this...

Another reason for staying in a good hotel is having access to a good concierge who can (and has for me) organized tickets to many venues in and around Amsterdam (and other cities as well). If you are on a ship with a proper concierge (not just some corporate type trying to sell a tour), get them to make the arrangments. Having said that, lines are often a function of day of the week as well as special exhibits being held when you want to visit. Have fun - it is a very interesting museum.

Archived