Cellular 0ne sevice in Alaska

YooperGale

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if there is CelluLar One service in Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan, or Sitka?

Thanks,

Gale

Yeap I know it works in Juneau because I used my Cellular One phone while I was there. Works in Kodiak too. Haven't been further southeast since I have them.

Susan :)

Not sure of their coverage - BUT do make sure you have roaming. A friend of mine has Cingular and made a one minute call from Vancouver last year without a roaming plan - $50 - Yes $50. Her husband about had a heart attack.

Actually having roaming with Cingular won't help with calls in Vancouver. The cost was because you were in Canada. Nationwide coverage (no roaming) is for the states only...

We had cingular two years ago and had a very rude awakening upon our return home. The bill came and our ship had new cell towers on the ship. We were hit with over $130 in charges when we were IN PORT, and made calls on our balcony. I protested and stayed very firm with Cingular and finally they removed the charges. I then DIVORCED them, and made it clear the divorce was FINAL!

Archived