Carnival Glory April 7 - 14 review (Western)

PaulMedik

Paul and Family,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful week with all of us!

My boys loved reading the review and seeing your boys at play.

One of our favorite memories is going to Paradise Beach - my kids were amazed at that tree!

Thanks for sharing - and taking the time to let us see your week through your eyes.

Catrin

Paul; how do you get your pictures to load full size on this site?

gail811,

Open webshots in a separate window and browse to the picture you want to upload. Once you have the picture open, click on Enlarge 600 near the right hand side;

2106239820065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

Then highlight the text where it says: Post in Forum by left clicking once then right click and select copy;

2714452190065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

Then go to the Cruise Critic reply that you wish to post the image in and right click and select paste;

2633496320065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

After you paste, it will look like this;

2722324630065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

Then click on Submit Reply and you're done.

Paul - This was the best review that I have ever read. Your family is beautiful. My family is sailing on the Gloria in 77 days - I now wish it was 7 hours! You said that you live in West Virginia - my daughter also lives there. I saw that you flew with Allegiant - where do they fly from? She is trying to find the cheapest airfare to meet us in Orlando. Thanks again for the wonderful review. Karen:D

Bahama_mama,

In WV, Allegiant flies out of Huntington. It's about an hour and a half from where we live, but it was worth it for the price. Charleston is much closer, but the same flights would have been over $500 per person out of Charleston vs $138 per person with Allegiant. Allegiant also has better planes than the airlines in Charleston and is a DIRECT flight which makes a huge difference.

Paul,

Do you have any pictures of the Raddisson? We will be staying there in June...Your's is one of the best reviews I've seen.. Thanks so much for the pictures!

TxStacey,

I have some, but not many. They were remodeling the front entry area of the hotel and building a new area on the front right so they had construction caution tape up everywhere and it wasn't real attractive so I didn't take any pictures like I normally would. The construction did not detract from the hotel stay at all, and was totally non obtrusive as they had clearly marked areas of travel.

Here's a picture of the lobby area (Yes we were dressed for the snow that we left in WV);

2914610280065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

Here's one out by the pool;

2276477090065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

Here's the breakfast buffet;

2221173640065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

And here;

2812991110065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

And here's one from up on the rocks looking down toward the pool lounge area;

2839755930065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

Paul, what a great review. I first read it at work where the pictures don't show. Even without the pictures I could tell you made some wonderful memories. But the review with the pictures was outstanding.

I'm trying very hard to talk my adult children into cruising with us. They are worried my grands (3,5,10, and 17) won't have a good time. Maybe your wonderful pictures will help to change their minds.

thanks again

Paul- Thanks for sharing your experience. My husband and I both loved your review. We are on the Glory in June. I was wondering why the itinerary changed and you ended up going to Freeport instead of Nassau? Was this a last minute change?

Thanks again!!

Lisa

Paul- Thanks for sharing your experience. My husband and I both loved your review. We are on the Glory in June. I was wondering why the itinerary changed and you ended up going to Freeport instead of Nassau? Was this a last minute change?

Thanks again!!

Lisa

2bboatgal,

Don't worry; It wasn't a last minute change. Freeport and Nassau alternate as the final stop on the Western Itinerary, but I don't know the frequency that Freeport is used instead of Nassau. Most of the time, it's Nassau.

We'd read so much about Freeport that we didn't make any specific plans and actually considered just staying on the ship all day. As it turns out, I'm glad we ventured off because we had a great day at Lucayan beach. :)

Awesome Review!

49 days until we board the Glory for the second time...but I feel as if I sailed along w/ you and your family after reading this thread, so lets call it the 3rd!

you are a very talented communicator.

kudos.

Hi Paul,

I have to agree, great review. I am going on the Glory May 5, with my new husband (getting married May 4) our 4 daughters (2 each) 16, 13, 10, and 9, my parents, and my brother, his fiance, and my nephew 12. We were considering going to Playa Mia, but looking at the cost of Paradise Beach, I think we will be changing our minds. I am curious if there were many children on board?

Paul.....

...thanks for the details on how to post full size pics.......I was just a couple clicks away and never new it.

I'm posting photos of the last cruise where a bunch of us CC'ers became friends, I'm putting them on our reunion roll call "Glory 9-27-08"........I'm hoping the memories will get a few more to come back.

Guest YesitDonna

Ok I admit this IS the best review I have read. It of course it night that I came upon it after it was already complete and could read it from start to finish LOL!

Hi Paul,

..............I am curious if there were many children on board?

car333,

It was stated two ways during the week; '750 children on board' and 'Nearly 1000 children on board.'

You may find your 10 and 9 year olds at Camp Carnival and you'll be sure to see your 16 and 13 year olds on Deck 5 starboard side near the arcade & teen clubs.

Paul....

thanks again.....you've created a monster,,,,,if you get a minute http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=495536&page=92 our roll call page 92 post 1825

chitown cruisers,

If your pics don't convince them, start posting the ones you promised you'd delete! :eek: :D That'll get them booking!

BTW, that nighttime moon shot with the reflection on the water was awesome!

Paul - awesome review!! Now I expect a pictorial version from everyone!! :D We were on the Glory last year and this brings back so many wonderful memories!!!

I have to compliment you on your response to every single question and comment. You have done a great job!! I look forward to your next cruise if not for the review, at least the photos!!

Enjoy your weekend!

Paul and family,

Thank you for all you efforts in presenting your vacation so beautifully to everyone on Cruise Critics. Thank you also for helping us re-live our vacation last year in Playa Del Carmen. We also visited Cozumel for a day and loved our time there. You and your family are so beautiful, and obviously love each other very much. All the best, and regards,

Michael

Wow, I have to say that is definately the best review I have ever read. It was almost like embarking on the journey along side your beautiful family. I was planning on writing a very good review of my may 20th trip but now Im getting my camera ready!!

Archived