NCL Spirit-Tell Me About Cabin 5035-200 Sq Ft Inside Cabin?? Is It True?

Ted Pulaski

This cabin 5035 is NOT a handicapped cabin. It IS a very huge 200 sq. ft. regular cabin. I was in 6035 last sept., another 200 sq. ft. reg. cabin one deck up and I will be staying in 5035 this coming Sept. where my friends stayed. The 5035 cabin is not noisy, but the 6035 one was because there is only 1 stairwell on that deck for all those passengers, whereas there are 2 stairwells on deck 5. But I'm still going to bring earplugs just in case. You will love this cabin! Do a search on this thread and you'll find picture's and reviews. Have a great cruise!:)

I booked an inside guarantee cabin on one of our Dawn trips and we ended up in a handicap cabin. I called reception and asked why. They told me the room was not booked so they upgraded us into that obstructed oceanview handicap cabin. It was the best cabin we have ever stayed in. VERY ROOMY:D :D :D

That was uncalled for. OP asks why a cabin in larger than expected. First you assume it's handicap and then assume the OP might know this.

True, the OP asked why a particular cabin is larger?

Don's reply included the word "probably".

Assumptions aren't alway correct. But is it necessary to hang Don on it?

The truth is, handicapped cabins are usually larger than similar cabins of the same classification, therefore a reason for certain cabins to be larger than others.

While Don was wrong in this instance for this particlular cabin, his assumption could have been correct on many other larger than normal cabins.

The reason why this cabin is larger than others doesn't exist.

It just exists.

While you may feel that Don should apologize for giving a wrong answer, wrong answers are given on this forum all the time. Should we ask everyone who has given a wrong answer to apologize? I think you owe Don an apology for being rude!

Here are the details of the cabin from NCL

Cabin 5035

• Crib (2)
  • Duvet
  • Hair Dryer (1)
  • Telephone (1)
  • Safety Deposit Box (1)
  • Television (1)
  • Shower (1)
  • Convertible Lower Beds (2)
  • Pullman Bed (1)
  • Cabin Square Footage (200)
  • Midship Section
  • Inside Stateroom
  • Pier forward
  • Starboard Side (1)
  • Pullout Bed (1)

True, the OP asked why a particular cabin is larger?

Don's reply included the word "probably".

Assumptions aren't alway correct. But is it necessary to hang Don on it?

If Don had answered that it was probably a handicap room I would have no problem with his response.

I guess maybe I misunderstood his comment of "Why would you want to book a handicap cabin, keeping handicap cruisers from cruising?" I missed the part where the OP stated that he/she wanted to keep handicap cruisers from cruising. I apologize.

Archived