Cruise In Limbo?

jersey

Kidsmom:

The only backup date that would work is the Oct 18 sailing - but that is now showing also as being "Not Availabile".

The reason that is the only one would work is that my wife is a breast cancer survivor and she cannot take the heat of summer - especially as this cruise is going to Pompeii and the Pyramids.

If worst comes to worst they would have to accommodate us sometime in the Spring of 2009 -

Jersey

Hi Jersey,

I feel for you, as I'm playing the same waiting game on my Jewel repo leaving 10/28/07 from Boston.

The Jewel sailing was ok before I left for the 5/4 explorer cruise- as I was going to re-book while on board but didn't as the price had climbed $300pp for my balcony since it was released this spring.

But since I've been back, it has been listed as N/A.

We had the same experience with the Jewel repo last year when they released the 07 repo and later cancelled it as the Jewel was scheduled for drydock.

Hang in there,

Wendy

Ellie:

The last I have been told is that a decision will be made by May 31.

I have made such a pest of myself that they have given me a dedicated customer service person to answer my questions - no answers to date.

If you can think of a reason I have heard it -

The one thing I havn't been told is the truth -

Will keep you posted as we go along.

Jersey

I've been watching this thread from the beginning. My prayers are with you Jersey! I am hoping this all works out and soon. It has been getting very stressful not knowing what's going on. Keep us posted! I will check back daily! Hang in there...........

Am with you and counting also jersey. Hang in there knowing you have a lot of people pulling for you. As hard as it is just try to remember that all things happen for a reason. Lord knows what this one is??!!:confused: Whatever happens will most likely be for the best. Lets all think positive thoughts!! Good luck!:)

I know when it's only a "few days" on a popular sailing it might be getting "repriced" (this happened on a Xmas/New Years sailing on Brilliance a few years back). Hopefully they're not doing one of their "famous" (NOT) rescheduling or worse yet -- a potential sell out to a private charter.

Good luck with your quest to find out "what's up".

Out Of Limbo -

Finally, Resolved -

Sailing Was Cancelled But They Price Protected Us And Moved Us To The 12 Night Nov. 25 Sailing On The Brilliance.

Hump Cabin With Additional $200 Obc -

Wife Does Not Get To Go To Alexandria But Gets The Greek Isles, Turkey, Italy And The Riviera.

If There Is A Lesson I Can Pass On To Anyone Is Be Nice - But Be Persistent - I Called In Eccess Of 30 Times - It Did Work Out For The Good -

Jack (jersey)

So glad that this little adventure has come to an end. Had you not been so persistent and KIND, I wonder if you would have been price protected and given OBC....good learning experience for all of us!

Happy travels and good wishes to your wife.

Darlene

Ellie:

Call RCCL customer service -

Offering 3 sailings with protected fares -

10/30 13 Night Legend Italian Cruise

11/14 or 11/25 Brilliance Sailings -

We opted for the 11/25 - Eastern and Western Mediterranean out of Barcelona.

Also included $200 OBC

Jack

Archived