Cruise In Limbo?

jersey

I just noticed several other cruises with not available on them now too on rccl website. I think they are doing something with the scheduling of them for releasing. We are looking at a panama canal cruise that had not available on it and now it is up for 2009 on the Jewel. No others listed for 09 yet tho. Now I just read a post that said a secret listed on it where the poster eluded to a chartered cruise aboard the jewel that is not available on the rccl website but through a private agency. Don't know what is with that either. Maybe Rosie O is having pity party for quitting the view or something but she has upset quite a few people on rccl for bumping passengers off a ship for a private charter. She isn't the only "star" to have done this either. Who knows. Keep us posted with your findings.

It must be the Donald - not Rosie. She only uses NCL.

Thanks for the support but -

Still In Limbo - 12 Days and Counting

Almost as bad as those waiting for their passports!!

Seriously, often customer service is the last to know as the decisions affecting schedules, charters and other major changes to schedules are made at much higher levels of management. The changes then filter down once all of the details have been worked out. It is unfortunate that they can't do everything at once but when they believe a change is a reasonable possibility, they will stop taking new reservations. This is what shows up first on the web site and triggers the calls and concern amongst those who have booked. They won't cancel existing reservations and begin rebooking those passengers until whatever deal they are working on is signed and final. That's the point in time when customer service is brought up to speed and given the info they need to be able to answer questions. Anything before that would most likely be speculation on behalf of the customer service folks. In summary its not the best way to handle it but no one seems to have come up with a better procedure.

I'm sure you will be accomodated and compensated for any changes that RCL makes. Good luck and keep us informed of the process. :)

At a q&a with the Captian of the Legend on it's last sailing out of Tampa 4/14-21 he was asked about the Legend being up for sale. He did answer that there had been a sale, it fell through but he did not know what was going to be happening otherwise. Not to be a gloom and doom but maybe there is something more with that particularly after the big announcement yesterday with Celebrity/RCI..........but it would be nice after all this time that they could tell you something! Good grief! I can totally understand that even though to them it is a long way off it impacts you tremendously! Keep us posted............:(

Spoke to customer service this morning - possible drydock is the reason being given today but no decision has yet been made -

At any rate :

Still in limbo - 14 days and counting

Am told the Cruise is out of Limbo -

Per customer service today - received message from RCCL Revenue that the inventory maintenance on the Nov. 12 & Nov 24, 2008 sailings of the Legend has been lifted and both sailings will go forth.

Still have some skepticism as the site still shows these sailings as being "Not Available".

If anything changes will keep you informed.

The question I have is I realize that these sailings are 18 months from now - am I the only one who has been concerned over this?

Am told the Cruise is out of Limbo -

Per customer service today - received message from RCCL Revenue that the inventory maintenance on the Nov. 12 & Nov 24, 2008 sailings of the Legend has been lifted and both sailings will go forth.

Still have some skepticism as the site still shows these sailings as being "Not Available".

If anything changes will keep you informed.

The question I have is I realize that these sailings are 18 months from now - am I the only one who has been concerned over this?

You may be the only person who meets the following criteria: A) Took notice that the prices were n/a and became concered, B) Had previously booked the cruise, and C) Use these boards.

As for me, after I booked something, it may be several months before I look at the particular website again, especially at the pricing pages (this goes for both cruising and staying in hotels). I probably would have never noticed it myself unless it was much closer to the cruise date.

Roadnut:

Like you there was a time I never checked the price after I booked (and we are Diamond) until our last cruise.

Thanks to some of the other Crazie's on these boards I found out the price on our sailing and category had dropped $200 - call reservation and immediately got a credit.

From that I learned to check -

Back In Limbo - 16 Days and Counting

Just received a call from RCCL Customer Service stating the information given to me yesterday regarding the 11/12/08 Legend sailing was not completely correct.

Yesterday evrything was OK and the sailing was on - supposedly it is still on but not 100% certain.

Have been told that they should make a final decision by May 31.

The good thing is that they have assigned one person for me to call to get information.

It also was implied that we will do evrything to accommodate our desires.

We will see!!!

I will continue to keep you informed as this saga continues.

Jersey--hang in there!

Because of your experience, I've decided to go to the rci website at least once a week to verify that my resv is still intact. When I did that yesterday, my resv was nowhere to be found. YIKES!

I called the 800# and the resv was still there, just not showing up on the website. A couple of minutes later, it showed back up again. Just enough stress to keep my blood pressure from dropping too low! :)

My fingers are crossed for you....

Kids Mom:

My problem is not that my reservation doesn't show up - (it is there) -

It's the entire sailing that doesn't show up -

I feel like I am on a ghost cruise.

At this I am letting them do their thing - with the promise that I will be taken care of.

But will continue to post my Days In Limbo.

Jersey

lordy, what a mess! I hate that you were told that a cruise booked 'a year and a half' out is not close enough to worry about! (we book as far out as possible as well!)

You obviously have reasons to book that far out and frankly, once reservations open for a cruise, don't they want folks making reservations? That is pretty much the point, huh? Sorta like flipping on that flashing red sign at Krispy Kreme!

Keep us posted and good luck! :)

I love that analogy to the Krispy Kreme sign!! ROFLMAO. That's a classic.

To the OP - I understand the frustration. We were booked 15 months ahead on a great 8 day Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Jewel that went away. Eventually we were notified (through our TA who was making the daily calls for us) that the Jewel was going to Europe a week early and our cruise was cancelled. Have you looked under all cruises for the Legend in that time period to see if she has been re-routed to another itinerary? I feel for you.

Good luck.

LL

LL

At this point the Legend is just off the board from Nov. 12, 2008 on -

This sailing and the next 2 going through mid Dec 2008 are showing Not Available -

Have not called them in the last view days - will probably call my contact on Monday but am not expexting an answer.

What I am most concerned is protecting my fare and itinerary. They are well aware of this and have promised to accomodate. But I would like this to be resolved.

Jersey

Still In Limbo - 20 Days and Counting

As of this morning all Euoropean Sailing on the Legend from Oct 5, 2008 on are showing NOT AVAILABLE - There has to be other cruisers who this is effecting - does anybody else have any information?

Archived