Cruise In Limbo?

jersey

Have reservations on Legend 11/12/08 12 Nights out of Rome - went into site yesterday and found this sailing and the one after it showing "Not Available" -

Cannot get definite answer from customer service as to what is going on - last thing I was told is that I should hear something within 2 weeks - has anyone else experienced this in the past or has reservations on either of these sailings and has any other information?

Hey Jack !!!

How are you ?

We are doing fine...the Radiance thread is slow.:(

Now...back to your question !!!

This has never happened to me before but, I have seen plenty of threads on the boards in the past with your very same problem.

Usually it is for changing the ships itinerary or it has been chartered by some large groups that book the ship for the whole cruise.:rolleyes:

Not sure if one of these is the problem, or something else.

Usually it is one of those reasons unless there is going to be a Dry Dock scheduled also.

Hope things work out for you to go on that cruise.;)

See you over on Radiance. I am getting ready to leave to watch my sons high school baseball game.

Bob:)

I just noticed several other cruises with not available on them now too on rccl website. I think they are doing something with the scheduling of them for releasing. We are looking at a panama canal cruise that had not available on it and now it is up for 2009 on the Jewel. No others listed for 09 yet tho. Now I just read a post that said a secret listed on it where the poster eluded to a chartered cruise aboard the jewel that is not available on the rccl website but through a private agency. Don't know what is with that either. Maybe Rosie O is having pity party for quitting the view or something but she has upset quite a few people on rccl for bumping passengers off a ship for a private charter. She isn't the only "star" to have done this either. Who knows. Keep us posted with your findings.

Spoke with customer service thios evening - still do not have a definitive answer - claims the Revenue office is closed at this time and promised he will call me tomorrow -

See if I get any answers at that time.

Hi, I had the similar problem today with a different cruise, the 12/24/08 Navigator 10 night Eastern Caribbean. I called about it today, she said it is in "code red" status.. Does anyone know what that means?

With all my phone calles this week the one thing I have learned is that code red is not good. The sailing has been cancelled.

According to what I have been told you should have received a phone call to this effect and they are supposed to make arrangements that accommodate your needs.

The number I have for customer service is 800-529-6918

The Legend cruise I have reservations for is code blue which means it is still on for now but that could change.

With all my phone calles this week the one thing I have learned is that code red is not good. The sailing has been cancelled.

According to what I have been told you should have received a phone call to this effect and they are supposed to make arrangements that accommodate your needs.

The number I have for customer service is 800-529-6918

The Legend cruise I have reservations for is code blue which means it is still on for now but that could change.

Code Red can also be a reference to how full the sailing is with Royal Caribbean.

Getting the same message for this cruise out of San Juan N/A. Waiting to hear if we are cancelled or not. We got aft port side 9256 and will be plenty upset if we loose this primo cabin because of a drydock or a charter. :(

I can tell you that we were booked on the Legend for a 6/24 sailing from Rome and the same thing happened to us. After weeks of calling my TA and RC reps, we finally were told the cruise was cancelled due to the ship being taken over by a group charter. Needless to say, we were very upset. However, we were able to rebook the same cruise that departs three weeks later.

We were not very happy with the way we were treated by the cruise line, but they did compensate us with price protection for rebooking a more expensive cruise in July, $200 pp onboard credit, and reimbursement of the penalty fee we had to pay to the airline to change our flight itinerary.

Unfortunately, this does not bode well for your situation on the Legend. I would suggest that you aggressively pursue RC customer service until you get an answer. Good luck.

This happened to us on a sailing out of LA on the Radiance to Hawaii. Several months after we made our reservations I checked the web site and it was N/A across the board. I called my TA and she told me not to panic. All went well and we went ahead as scheduled and fares started popping up again on the RCI website. I don't know why but it turned out okay for us.

Good luck

Ann

Airfare is not an issue - airfare through RCCL - but way to early to book - cannot be done until December -

Beginning to know all the customer service reps - they tell me "we see you have called before" and I answer "I will continue to call until I get an answer" -

I make it perfectly clear that we are Diamonds and would like an answer -

Appreciate the support from those who have answered - and I will continue to call customer service and post my thoughts until I get an answer.

What is beiginning to frost me is the rather Prefunctory Attitude of customer service - basically the answer I have been getting is when we know you will know.

On top of that the "cruise is a year and a half away" plenty of times to make changes.

For personal reasons not necessarily that easy even 18 months out.

I have been a loyal RCCL cruiser (Diamond) but I know am realizing the indifference that they can exhibit at times - In the future I will not dismiss any complaints which I read on these boards as quickly as I have done in the past.

As I am learning it could happen to you.

lordy, what a mess! I hate that you were told that a cruise booked 'a year and a half' out is not close enough to worry about! (we book as far out as possible as well!)

You obviously have reasons to book that far out and frankly, once reservations open for a cruise, don't they want folks making reservations? That is pretty much the point, huh? Sorta like flipping on that flashing red sign at Krispy Kreme!

As one of the other posters mentioned, they were compensated for the changes they had to make to an existing reservation. Hopefully that will be the same for you.

Keep us posted and good luck! :)

Archived