Dawn Cabin Question

nyflush

Looking for a little help I booked my dad and his girlfriend on our cruise in Cat C cabin 8150 anyone know if that is a window or porthole? not sure what those cabins look like i think they only sleep two. I was thinking about moving them up to a balcony next one available is a BB not sure if its worth another $160 any advice :):)

Thanks in Advance

This is from NCL - it says a picture window

Cabin 8150

• Duvet
  • Refrigerator (1)
  • Hair Dryer (1)
  • Telephone (1)
  • Safety Deposit Box (1)
  • Television (1)
  • Cabin Square Footage (159)
  • Shower (1)
  • Crib (1)
  • Convertible Lower Beds (2)
  • Pullman Bed (1)
  • Pullout Bed (1)
  • Oceanview Stateroom
  • Aft Section
  • Starboard Side
  • Picture Window (1)
  • Pier aft
  • Sprinklers

This info is for a BB cabin - an extra 7 square feet plus a balcony

Cabin 9038

• Duvet
  • Refrigerator (1)
  • Hair Dryer (1)
  • Telephone (1)
  • Safety Deposit Box (1)
  • Television (1)
  • Cabin Square Footage (166)
  • Private Balcony (1)
  • Shower (1)
  • Convertible Lower Beds (2)
  • Convertible Single Sofa Bed (1)
  • Balcony Square Footage (37)
  • Oceanview Stateroom
  • Sitting Area
  • Floor to ceiling sliding glass doors (1)
  • Forward Section
  • Starboard Side
  • Crib (1)
  • Pier forward
  • Sprinklers

Thanks so much for the quick reply:) still trying to figure out if its worth the extra bucks his first cruise my second on the Dawn i Booked an AB for me my son and sister same one as last year dont want him to feel bad or cramped but it doesnt seem to be a big difference in size just that balcony ive never been in any of the other cabins hard to compare.

Great Info!

Thanks again

When i put the cabin # in and say that im a party of THREE it cat C is not an option does that mean the room only sleeps TWO then why the extra beds?:confused:

If you took the time to add up every cabin's sleeping capacity on the Dawn specifically, you'll come up close to 4,030 passenger beds. There's only 20 lifeboats on the Dawn, with 150 passengers per lifeboat, it can carry a maximum capacity of 3000 passengers. Simple beds to lifeboat capacity ratio is 4 to 3. Therefore, on any particular cruise, one in four beds aboard the Dawn must remain empty. This ratio is common amongst cruise ships.

Since the sinking of the Titantic, around 90 years ago, ships are limited in passengers to lifeboat capacity by International Law.

Making matters worse, the one in four beds remaining empty was assuming the entire ship. But cabins are assigned to specific lifeboats. It's possible one lifeboat will reach capacity before another, causing more than one bed in four having to remain empty.

That's why cabins with the capability to sleep 3 or 4 passengers can't always be booked by those wishing to sleep 3 or 4 passengers. There's 33% more beds aboard a cruise ship than lifeboat seats. The reason there are more beds than what the lifeboats can handle is to add flexibility in booking the different cabin classifications aboard the ship. Many 3 to 4 passenger capacity cabins are only booked for 2 passengers. But no one knows for sure which cabin classification will be booked by two for any specific cruise. The extra beds allow flexibility so the cruise line can maximize the number of passengers aboard a ship.

Wow you know your stuff Fun facts :):) thanks I thought it was a smaller cabin I will leave them in the Cat C. Im sure i will have more questions b4 our cruise nice to have a place to get info.

Thanks so much!

Thanks so much for the quick reply:) still trying to figure out if its worth the extra bucks his first cruise my second on the Dawn i Booked an AB for me my son and sister same one as last year dont want him to feel bad or cramped but it doesnt seem to be a big difference in size just that balcony ive never been in any of the other cabins hard to compare.

Great Info!

Thanks again

Remember..they can visit your AB at anytime.

They can also join you for meals in your AB;)

Relax and have a great cruise:)

Thanks Cosmo i didnt know they could dine with us in the room great! As for hanging on our balcony well:rolleyes: hehehe thanks again.

I saw someone post they got fondue from Le Bistro in room every night so in the AB do we pay the cover charge for desert? Last time i was in that cabin we only ordered breakfast a few times but i think this time i will try the fondue in room but if we pay the charge might be worth it to just do a full dinner.

I saw someone post they got fondue from Le Bistro in room every night so in the AB do we pay the cover charge for desert? Last time i was in that cabin we only ordered breakfast a few times but i think this time i will try the fondue in room but if we pay the charge might be worth it to just do a full dinner.

If your only ordering an appetizer or dessert from the specialty restaurants there is no charge. :) If you order an entree from a specialty restaurant your butler will bring you a bill to sign for it.

Latest reports have been coming in that the chocolate fondue isn't available, but it's still worth requesting to see if they will accomodate you.

Archived