Best prices

pfitzpatrf

If you have checked several online sites including discount internet agencies along with your local TA's and they are all about the same then go with either a local TA or with Carnival directly. I would vote for Carnival directly as you can reach them 24/7. I don't think we are allowed anymore to list internet TA sites so unfortunately you probably won't get any other suggestions.

If you've covered all booking possibilities, and they're all pretty much the same, rate-wise, then you'll just have to pick whichever sounds like they'll give you the 'continued' good service up to the day of your cruise. How easy is it to get in touch with them? Did they sound like they would help you get rate reductions/shipboard credits? Be there for any questions? Gotta get somebody you feel comfortable with.

Ahhh - VERY important: Did the rates you were quoted INCLUDE port charges and taxes? This is something very important to know!

Online agencies, local TA, Carnival PVP - that's your arena from which to choose. Good luck.:)

Just research and compare all of your options and you should be fine. With minimal effort you can come up with all the same online agencies that used to be recommended on here.

If you book through Carnival and find a better price elsewhere, you can end up with the best of both worlds service wise. I first booked directly with a PVP at Carnival. When I found a better price elsewhere, I contacted the PVP. She verified the other quote with the TA. Then she gave the TA credit for a booking so they could get the commission and lowered the cost to match the TA's quote. Both Carnival and the TA are shown on the record and I can contact both for any questions or changes. :D

...What a beautiful place to live; unlike Galveston! :(
Galveston has it's charms....and a big rejuvenation is underway here.

We have a lot of history (1900 Storm, Wall Street of the South, First Texas Newspaper, Pirates, Indians, and more). Galveston was once the Jewel of the Gulf Coast, hosting Presidents and Movie Stars at the Galvez and gambling at the Balinese Room. The revitalization of the Strand District (one block in from the cruise terminal) has brought a big boon to the economy of the Island, and more areas of the City are coming back to life. Our main point of ingress to the Island (Broadway) is lined with lovely restored old homes rich with the history of those who founded the City and a beautification project is making the "front door" to our City a welcoming sight for visitors. Ongoing projects are making our beaches a nicer place to visit, with Stewart Beach offering concession stands, restrooms and showers, and other amenities, and projects on the West End of the Island bringing new Beach Pocket Parks with amenities previously not seen on the West End beachfront.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and for me nothing is as gorgeous as the sun rising over the ocean or the view of the sunset over the bay. I'm lucky enough to have both of those views.

As for "hot"...there's always a breeze off of the ocean! :)

Archived