Roll Call Pride, 3-17-08, Ft. Laud. to Lisbon

Ms. J.

Pride March Crossing Sailor's,

We can add 2 more to the March 17th Pride Crossing ~~~Yippee

It's 2008 today ~~my, my please tell me "where does the tempest go?":confused:

For those that would enjoy entering the "Novelty/Celebrity" necktie contest ~~ (I changed the name ~~sounds, 6 star) there will be the BIG 1st Place winner and several other catagories prizes (equally, BIG)

For ladies only, there will be a Blue Ribbon 1st place ~~~those that do not want to enter please come, join us and "kibitz!"

The contest is simply a sea afternoon event a few of we Guests added to the March Crossing ~~~fun and "phooey" The contest won't interfere in duplicate bridge, golf puttin', lectures or Cheffy's demo ~~~:p

Might interfere with a nap ~~~;)

Looking forward to sailing with all of you!

See 'ya at the Sky Bar on March 17th !

Martita B.

Just had a phone call from friends aboard the Pride.....all is well.:p

Everyone having lots of fun!

They confirmed that Nelson will be aboard for our Pride Crossing !!

Great news as I have his St Paddy's Sail-a-bration GREEN Sky Bar regalia ready. (he can wear it for awhile .....past Margo Lar Resort anyway)

Another friend of mine booked today :D ~~it may be a "full boat" come March.

Happy Sailing's to all.

Martita B.

More good news:D ~~I received an e-mail from friends (Canada) this morning and they have booked our Pride Crossing. Many of you know these seasoned fun sailors ~~N. & P. B

So happy they will be aboard ~ I'm sure they will be wearing green in the Sky Bar come Sail-Away.

Happy Trails and Sails:p

Martita B.

Pride Crosser's,

Had yet another phone call yesterday from North Carolina.

C. & D. M, along with their daughter have booked the Crossing.

I'm guessing it will be a "sell out" come March !:p

I also received 4 more prizes for the necktie contest from Blue Lagoon Drive ~~~'remember we'll have 4 catagories.;)

Happy Sailings,

Martita B.

I noticed that both Spring TAs are being promoted on the Seabourn website with 45% discounts and 2 free days at the Four Seasons in Lisbon. This seems to be the final push to fill the ships.

Very interesting. About a month ago Seabourn was promoting on their website the Pride spring crossing at 50% discount and the following 3 or 4 cruises at discounts offered at the time and all with a US$400 shipboard credit. However, 45% off and 2 free days at the Four Seasons after the crossing sounds more enticing! :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

The past few years the Pride March Crossing was a "sell out" but this March there are still suites available ~~I believe some Seabourn sailor's chose to book an Odyssey voyage instead. The year 2001 we had a total of 96 guests aboard the Pride March Transatlantic ~~and 165 Staff and Crew :D

I am delighted Lulu (Laurant) will be Hot Man, Karl, Maitre'D, Markus Gerber, Ex. Chef, Dr. Herra and Nursey Elisabeth will be there too! Truly an A-Team! Captain Erik L. Anderssen will be at the helm. Not certain as to the Cruise Director ~~

Don't forget your "Celebrity" neckties ~~lots of prizes are to be given!

Martita B.

Sailor's

This is a list I have for Guest's aboard the Pride March 17th Crossing. (If I have forgotten any CCer's, please post.)

Peachy Paul, Winnie, LB & JB, Bonnie & George, homolog, Gene, Jean & Clyde, Jini, Diane & Harry, Martita B., JB, WS & AU, SF & PH, NB & PB, AW, CM, DM, & C, and D&J.

I'm sure we'll see more familiar faces when we board in Ft. Lauderdale!:p

Happy and safe flights! See 'ya at the Sky Bar !

Martita B.

Martita....and all....

Thanks for keeping everything together. Let me know what time in the Sky Bar and the day. I'll be wearing my rhinestone pin that says "Jini"....I'm big, blonde and will probably have a drink in my hand(!) Take care and have some fun today. Jini

Sailor's

I'm sure we'll see more familiar faces when we board in Ft. Lauderdale!:p

Happy and safe flights! See 'ya at the Sky Bar !

Pinkie,

I thought this cruise departed on March 17, St. Patrick's Day. Has Seabourn rescheduled the departure date for this crossing and not told me, or are you on another "undercover assignment?" :confused:

Martita....and all....

Thanks for keeping everything together. Let me know what time in the Sky Bar and the day. I'll be wearing my rhinestone pin that says "Jini"....I'm big, blonde and will probably have a drink in my hand(!) Take care and have some fun today. Jini

Jini,

Any time, any day the Sky Bar is always in vogue! I'll have my camera and probably taking pictures and scribbling a few notes for my travelogue. I have to raise the bar as I promised GrannyLorr I would relieve her from her excellent South America circumnavigation travelogue duties so she can enjoy her first Seabourn crossing!

Martha, Jini and All............................Have a wonderful and safe trip. Mrs. Jack and I are now becoming anxious for docs for our journey in May.:) Jack & Mrs. Jack

Jack,

Thanks, but I think that we still have some befoere we embark on the Pride. About 3 months before departure you will receive the preliminary documentation booklet which contains your itinerary (including the number of formal nights), hard copy of the Passenger Registration Form (fill out the online version and all your data will be there for your next Seabourn cruise), suggested reading list (if you are so inclined), detailed information, including difficulty and exertion levels (easy walking short distances with relatively even surfaces vs. moderate walking with some stairs or inclines vs. considerable walking and involve steep inclines or negotiating several flights of stairs) and prices of the shore excursions offered, details about life aboard your Seabourn Yacht and finally, offers for international cell phone rentals or trip insurance, for example.

Then about a month before sailing you will receive your tickets and luggage tags and you can do what so what many call "The Doc Dance!" Bon Voyage! :)

Peachy

Please plan on taking some pictures during the Pride TA ~~especially during the "Novelty/Celebrity" necktie contest. I'm very excited as to the prizes: 1st Place overall winner: necktie of Mr. Micky Arison, signed ~~2 signed neckties given by President of Seabourn, Mrs. Pam Conover, plus 2 signed Seabourn scarves, also signed by Miss Pam. I am also waiting to receive a real Seabourn Captain's necktie ~~coming from afar. I believe Mr. JB will present a prize as well:confused: ~~~soooo wear a winning tie, ladies and gentlemen ~~~~as previous announced the contest will be held in the Club one afternoon a'round 3:00 p.m. for all the Guests......whether

entering or just coming to watch! Should be alot of fun and phooey!

Jini,

I'll be wearing a plain 'ole rhinestone "TEXAS" pin ~~~see 'ya at the Sky Bar during Sail-a-bration! Wear green !

Martita B.

Peachy

We would love for you to take pictures during our Pride TA Crossing. Especially during the "Novelty/Celebrity" necktie contest. I am so pleased all of our prizes are in place! The 1st place overall winner will win Mr. Micky Arison's signed necktie ~~and the President of Seabourn, Mrs. Pam Conover signed 2 Seabourn neckties and 2 ladies scarves for prizes also. Another celebrity necktie is being mailed to me from afar, by one of our Seabourn Captain's. Mr. JB announced to me, he has a prize too :confused: ?? The contest will be held for all Guests in the Club a'round 3 p.m. one afternoon. Those not wanting to enter will be welcomed to come and watch the fun and phooey!:D And a goodtime will be had by all!

Jini,

I will be wearing just a plain 'ole rhinestone TEXAS pin in the Sky Bar on March 17th ~~~see 'ya at the Sail-a-bration ~~wear green !

Martita B.

March Pride Crosser's

If you are planning to spend the night in Lisbon on March 30th

please make plans to meet us at the Belem Pier (Tagus River)a'round 4:45 p.m. on the 30th to wave a "Bon Voyage" to the Pride. Bring your bottle of Champagne and a few paper cups ~~I'll be bringing an armload of fresh white flowers for us to toss into the river.

John B. and I started this "ritual ceremony" many years ago and last year we had many Sailor's from the Crossing who came and joined us. A Seabourn ceremony not to be missed!:D

See 'ya at the Sky Bar on March 17th

Martita B.

Peachy

We would love for you to take pictures during our Pride TA Crossing. Especially during the "Novelty/Celebrity" necktie contest.

March Pride Crosser's

If you are planning to spend the night in Lisbon on March 30th

please make plans to meet us at the Belem Pier (Tagus River)a'round 4:45 p.m. on the 30th to wave a "Bon Voyage" to the Pride.

Pinkie,

I will have camera, two 1GB memory cards (holds mucho photos) for my camera and a fully charged spare battery ready for picture taking! I will bring two extra ties in case someone unaware of the event will have an entry. :)

Also have driver lined up for all-day tour of Lisbon city area upon disembarking the Pride followed by Pride-ite crossers shoreside Bon Voyage Sail-a-bration as Lady Pride glides down the Tagus river past the Belem Tower pier on her next adventure! Should be a real blast :cool:

Thanks Peachy!!

I also received my March Pride Crossing Doc's ~~~but as I booked a "Run-of the-Ship" I probably won't know my Suite # until a week or so of embarking.

I'm busy sorting and packing the party cardboard box's to UPS to the hotel in Ft Laud ~~~:D Carumba!

Thanks again for accepting the Official Pride Photographer position!:p

Pinkie

a084.gif Received my cruise documents today! YIPPEE!!! :) It won't be long now! :cool:

With this energetic little fellow traveling with you...you are certain to have a ball. We will all await the reports of the festivities. Sure feels good to start the spring with fun times. Lolaicon12.gif

Lola

Is your 'lit Mascot singin' and dancin' to: "I Feel Good...dee dum

dee dum?"

Thanks for the well wishes for a successful Pride Crossing!

I know you and Don will have a blast on the Legend and will once again make many new friends and also happy memories!:p

Martita B.

Matt

Or if King Neptune becomes angry I'll just go down to the boiler room, again ~~~ I have a "standing order" for a roll-away bed, 'ya know !:confused:

(I mentioned this one evening at dinner and a lady said, "just who did you request these reservations?" I sweetly said, "Oh with Steinar, Chief Engineer" ~~~~:confused:

MB

Archived