just off Diamond Princess

IndesignGr

Well, I just wanted to let everyone know about my trip on Diamond Princess 4/21-4/28/07

All I can say is WOW! This was my fifth cruise, my 3rd on Princess, and I am glad to say, that most of what I had read about Diamond was not true. The service was great, the food was fabulous. This was by far the best cruise I have ever been on, and I can say that Diamond had the best crew all around. I never heard the word "no", and was catered to, hand and foot. I would go on Diamond with no hesitation again! Anyone going on Diamond, enjoy, and you will have a great time. BTW, book your dinning at the Savoy, they have the best wait staff, friendly and attentive...

Bon Voyage!

That's great to hear. We also enjoyed our cruise last month on the Diamond. The ship is beautiful and very well taken care of by the crew. Our dining room service wasn't the best, but it wasn't a big deal. Just a new server in traditional dining from Romania that was very green.

It's hard to come back to reality, isn't it? :(

We loved the Diamond on our cruise last Nov. I agree with you about the servers in the Savoy...April and Alisha (wrong name there Ithink) were the best team ever...we went back and reserved in their section over and over again!

Time to book another Diamond cruise :)

Glad you had a great time. We were on the Diamond in March. While We loved the Mexican Riveria, the Diamond Princess was not one of our favorite ships. It was very clean but thought it was very poorly laid out and service was not up to par and the food looked beautiful but tasted like nothing.The weather was great and the company was wonderful, we were a group of 20, so we had a blast anyway.

I am so glad to hear the great reviews. We are booked on the Diamond this November on a trip from LA to Hawaii. I can hardly wait to board the ship.

Quincytoo--why don't you join us since you are ready for another Diamond experience!

IndesignGr,

We were on that same cruise with you :)

Terrific weather in Mexico and mostly smooth sailing too. We weren't as lucky as you with the service in the Savoy but I think it had to do with the particular team of servers that we had because I saw one of the servers working in the Horizon Court later in the cruise and she still had a "grump" on. We found some great servers in the Santa Fe dining room - also a very entertaining Maitre'd there too (He commented that he didn't eat salads as it took up too much space that should be allocated for MEAT! - LOL).

We really enjoyed our cruise! The evening shows that we saw were very good - really enjoyed Alexander-the Illusionist and Delisco (Wow, what an entertainer!).

The ship is well maintained - saw them restaining railings in various spots throughout the cruise.

Too bad you didn't hook up with the Cruise Critic group (40 people) on the cruise. They got together on Sunday (Wheelhouse lounge)and Friday (Horizon Terrace) afternoons. Check out the roll call section for your next cruise!

Glad you enjoyed your cruise as much as we did - Definitely we are hooked on Princess now :D

Well, I just wanted to let everyone know about my trip on Diamond Princess 4/21-4/28/07

All I can say is WOW! This was my fifth cruise, my 3rd on Princess, and I am glad to say, that most of what I had read about Diamond was not true. The service was great, the food was fabulous. This was by far the best cruise I have ever been on, and I can say that Diamond had the best crew all around. I never heard the word "no", and was catered to, hand and foot. I would go on Diamond with no hesitation again! Anyone going on Diamond, enjoy, and you will have a great time. BTW, book your dinning at the Savoy, they have the best wait staff, friendly and attentive...

Bon Voyage!

I am so glad to hear the great reviews. We are booked on the Diamond this November on a trip from LA to Hawaii. I can hardly wait to board the ship.

Quincytoo--why don't you join us since you are ready for another Diamond experience!

we too are booked on the Diamond Princess were going before you :D :D :D

October. :cool:

Archived