Newspapers and Menus POA 7/25

WeR3Angels

I have finally had the time to scan all of the info I think will be helpful for future POA cruisers.

Go to this website and you will see them listed. poa.wer3angels.com

I am heading back out of town on August 15th but am available for questions before then and after August 23rd when I return.

Good luck to all POA cruisers - I pray that everyone has a GREAT trip.

Barb :-)

I have finally had the time to scan all of the info I think will be helpful for future POA cruisers.

Go to this website and you will see them listed. poa.wer3angels.com

I am heading back out of town on August 15th but am available for questions before then and after August 23rd when I return.

Good luck to all POA cruisers - I pray that everyone has a GREAT trip.

Barb: the website dosesn't work. should it be: http://www.poa.wer3angels.com? that's what I tried. thanks Bob

POA 9/5/2004

THANK YOU SO MUCH... this is awesome. I can't wait to look thru it all with my husband! We're getting really excited about our trip. Yes, I've read every review I can find and know the experience won't be the same as other cruises we've taken, but hey...Hawaii in October makes up for a lot!

Again, thank you to all who have posted your experiences. We've learned a lot that will help on our trip.

3Angels....I'm sure we'll have lots of questions after reading thru all this.

Enjoy the rest of your summer - Laura

PS: To help plan the island part of your trip, there's a really good site (still being contructed, so not everything is there yet) that has great info on beaches, places to see and some awesome pictures. http://www.hawaiiweb.com

Thanks WeR3Angels!

Thanks for posting all of this information. It is very much appreciated.

I would like to ask two questions; (1) Your scan F5 is for the "Garden Cafe Buffet". Looking at the ship layout, I don't see it shown. Can you please claify where/what this place is?, and (2) I don't recall from your review if you ate at the Mexican Buffet on Wednesday Night. Did you try it, and/or hear how others enjoyed it (or not enjoyed it)?

Thanks again!

Thanks WeR3Angels!

Thanks for posting all of this information. It is very much appreciated.

I would like to ask two questions; (1) Your scan F5 is for the "Garden Cafe Buffet". Looking at the ship layout, I don't see it shown. Can you please claify where/what this place is?, and (2) I don't recall from your review if you ate at the Mexican Buffet on Wednesday Night. Did you try it, and/or hear how others enjoyed it (or not enjoyed it)?

Thanks again!

Bank of Dad,

My assumption for the Garden Cafe Buffet is that it is the same as the Hukilau Cafe. Only there and the outdoor Lanai are the only things that are buffets.

If memory serves me correctly, the Mexican Buffet was held the day after the cruise from Kauai to Hawaii. My stomach was a bit woosey after that lengthy portion and Mexican was NOT something I thought would sit with me. The only thing I heard about it was that they were offering FREE margaritas with it. Sorry I can't help you any further with that.

Glad my posting has been helpful.

For those of you who have already checked out the posting I did with copies of the menus/newspapers, I just came across a flyer for the fitness/spa (Fit1 and Fit2) and also the Television Program (TV1, TV2, TV3).

If any of these interest you, you may want to go back and grab them.

poa.wer3angels.com

Barb :D

Hi again.

I glanced thru the dailies and looked at some of the things listed for the buffet. Some of them sound really good (Garlic Chicken breast with Plum Sauce; Spring Rolls with Thai Peanut and Macadamia Nut Sauce; Japanese Steamed Wohoo Fish in Shoyo Ginger Sauce with ****ake Mushrooms; Lobster Bisque)....but most all the reviews say the buffet food is passable at best, many have said it is awful. So are the dishes just beyond the cook's expertise? Are they over-reaching trying to be gourmet and just not pulling it off? Or are the descriptions very exaggerated to what is actually served? So many have said the buffet is 'typical cafeteria food' but I have never personally been to a cafeteria that served Prawns with Glass Noodles in a Mint Cilantro sauce. That just struck me as odd.

The specialty restaurants look as though they are not all open on all the days. The first day, only hours for Le Bistro are listed, not the other 2. On another day, Pacific Heights and the Bistro are listed, but not the Italian restaurant. I was under the impression all the resaurants were available all 7 days. Do you know anything about that?

Thank you again for your help.

Laura

So many have said the buffet is 'typical cafeteria food' but I have never personally been to a cafeteria that served Prawns with Glass Noodles in a Mint Cilantro sauce. That just struck me as odd...
I really have to agree with you, Laura. Barb's scans seem to me to be more helpful than all of the previous critical opinions concerning lack of variety in the buffets on the POA. And as for quality, culinary tastes vary greatly and therefore all criticism in this regard is subjective. My only question is whether or not the POA buffet staff is actually providing all of the selections listed on the buffet menus. And, if they are, it seems to me the buffet offering on the POA can hardly be characterized as cafeteria fare, at least concerning variety and creativity.

And Barb, thanks a ton for your very helpful contributions to this board. :)

Craig

The one buffet that really stood out to me was the seafood buffet. It was very good and after re-reading the menu I scanned and posted, I would have to say all listed was there.

I think the comparison of the buffet to the sit-down menu is that it is prepared so much more elegantly with fancy drizzled sauces, a sprig of "something" sticking out of the top of the entree, etc.. Of course, with the buffet, a large stainless buffet tray just doesn't have the same effect.

As for the dining rooms hours - I thought they were all open every evening, however, I am sure on Friday, the Luau night, they may have not had them all open.

I am so happy to hear this has helped those who have yet to travel.

Once again, any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Barb :rolleyes:

Archived