New Years Cruise (Majesty of the Seas)

Hi, I'm considering doing a New Years Cruise this year with my teenaged DD (14) to the Bahamas on Majesty of the Seas. I thought it would be fun to celebrate the new year on board ship. Has anyone ever done a New Years cruise with their kids? I am just wondering if my daughter would have other teenagers her age. Tell me more about the Majesty too, did you like the ship? Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :D

We've done a cruise on Sovereign over New Years with teen boys,any Holiday sailing is going to have lots of families. We all had a great time.

Thanks for the info. I see that you were on the Majesty, did you like the ship? What should we see not see?

WE all loved Majesty - that was our first cruise and we were hooked!

She has just had a major facelift so I'm sure you will love the ship.

Well the sports court was the favorite for the boys,and of course the teen activities/disco/parties. They both made 'best friends' within a day or so and had a great time. The day at Coco Cay was the best,lying in a hammock under a palm tree,someone bringing you foufou drinks,swimming in clear turquoise water while you can smell the BBQ cooking for lunch.mmm

I loved sitting in the Windjammer restaurant in the morning eating fresh Mango and Papaya for breakfast watching the ocean go by.

All the fun and games around the pool are a hoot.

Be sure to read your Cruise Compass every day,it's a list of the day's activities and there is so much going on you don't want to miss things.

The audience participation games are funny- The Newlywed game, The Quest (adults) .

Be sure and take your children to Johnny Rockets for hamburgers and shakes- there's a small cover charge but it's great fun- the staff do a 'Staying Alive' dance for you after you're served.

Thanks for all the great info! We usually like the Voyager ships but we fell in love with the Enchantment this January, so I'm sure we will like the Majesty also. I'm glad there's Johnny Rocket's on board. I've never been but my daughter loves to go there. Maybe Mom will finally get the chance this time! Happy Cruising!

There was a party in pretty much every lounge on the ship, there was a huge balloon drop in the centrum, at dinner there were hats and noise makers on all of the tables (my table started all the noise that night :eek:), outside there was a large deck party, there was music and dancing everywhere, champagne everywhere, and a BIG countdown starting at 20 seconds before the new year. It was great!!! After that cruise, we decided that we're doing a new years cruise EVERYYYYY year! It was definitely my most memorable new years celebration out of my 17 years of living.

We went to the Bahamas on Sovereign for New Year- the same itinerary as Majesty except for Key WEst and it was HOT, the first day we thought the pool onboard was a bit too cool but every other day we swam and our day on Coco CAy was great,we all got a nice tan.

Archived