How loud is the QE2 Horn!

Beachmad

hello everybody, my screen name is littenburg, im happy to see my video has reached this far into the internet, i have realized not to many people have realized that this is the carnival elation, a fantastic ship, with an even better horn.

hello everybody, my screen name is littenburg, im happy to see my video has reached this far into the internet, i have realized not to many people have realized that this is the carnival elation, a fantastic ship, with an even better horn.

Welcome littenburg and thanks for the youtube clip, cant wait to see your next 'whistles' clip when you get on one of the queens, if you hurry maybe QE2...;)

I'm not sure how loud QE2's whistle is, but the best place to hear it is in the fjords!

Matthew

Yes, being ONBOARD [just to clarify:rolleyes: ] in the fjords is great for hearing the horn reverberate.

The best use of the horn we ever heard was when we were onboard going through the Panama Canal. At the last lock heading toward the Pacific, a lot of people had gathered to sit in the viewing area to watch us go by. The captain blew the horn and people applauded. So he really leaned on it the second time, and it set off someone's car alarm. The car's owner ran to his car to turn off the alarm, then returned to the bleachers. And yes, as soon as the poor guy sat down, the captain hit the horn again and the car alarm went off again.

We were very disappointed at not setting off any alarms in the Geiranger last summer.

Kathy

• 8 months later...

Great video, thanks for sharing, and welcome to Cruise Critic.:D

Archived