How loud is the QE2 Horn!

Beachmad

This is good, you can see the cameraman really 'jumps' at the horn.

Turn up the volume.

Not sure what the ship is though.

Apologies if you've seen it before.

Also for sullying the Cunard board with the other boats ;)

This is good, you can see the cameraman really 'jumps' at the horn.

Turn up the volume.

Not sure what the ship is though.

Apologies if you've seen it before.

Also for sullying the Cunard board with the other boats ;)

Sorry, Pardon, oh no im Deaf now ! :eek:

That is a Carnival ship passing by.

QM2 has a fantastic horn - check it out on youtube under QM2 Singing or somesuch. Whole bunch of horns available on youtube, including some hilarious shots of Nathan train whistles (horns) mounted in automobiles.

Great

I love 'cruise horn battles' (having been in one on my first cruise in 2003 - Oporto I think)

and sister greetings (P+O Oceana & Artemis passing in the Bay of Biscay Oct 2005)

I always check to see if any other ships in port on all my cruises, but none has beaten 2003.

Karen

:D

With someone shouting out "beat that suckers" you can tell that it isn't a Cunard ship:D

LOL. :D My thoughts too.

I emailed the owner of the film, it was the Carnival Elation.

No surprises there then :D

Lanky Lad I Loved the QE2 at Trieste film, made me jump when I first saw it...:D

Thanks for the Disney horn ricker, that must be great to hear for the first time;)

I'm not sure how loud QE2's whistle is, but the best place to hear it is in the fjords!

I recall an occasion where I was on the balcony looking forward and there was a small ferry approaching, which gave us three blasts of the whistles. We responded in a like manner.

Wow!

The balcony vibrated, and the sheer force of sound was incredible.

I'm looking forward to hearing the Queen Mary 2, and was intending to ask where the best place to hear it was - they're on the funnel, aren't they?

So presumably deck 13 midships?

Matthew

I'm looking forward to hearing the Queen Mary 2, and was intending to ask where the best place to hear it was - they're on the funnel, aren't they?

Matthew

Hi Matthew

Yes, deck 13 midships is good but go up onto the platform on top of the "B" lifts there (what I called "deck 14") and you're even closer. There is also a modern (white painted) whistle/horn on the mast. This was used (I think) when we encountered fog mid atlantic. Only the whistles on the stack have added steam.

Enjoy the whistle from the Queen Mary!

are they all steam? i've never thought about it.

glenn.

Hi Glenn

No, these days (no steam engines) they are air powered. However on QM2 steam is added so that the two on the stack look right. Not sure about the one on QE2.

I'm not sure how loud QE2's whistle is, but the best place to hear it is in the fjords!

I recall an occasion where I was on the balcony looking forward and there was a small ferry approaching, which gave us three blasts of the whistles. We responded in a like manner.

Wow!

The balcony vibrated, and the sheer force of sound was incredible.

Matthew

There's a program on the Travel Channel (US) today, showing the building of the QM2. I watched it earlier and it will be on again shortly so I can watch it again.

They say the QM2's horn is the original Queen Mary's and can be heard from 10 miles away. I must say the sound of it will certainly get your attention. It's wonderful.

Matthew, I agree with Pepper. The raised platform (get here early, it is rather smallish) is the best spot. It is ahead of the funnel, behind the mast, right behind the helicopter hover area.

I had tears in my eyes. It is incredible!

Karie,

who loves that one of them was made from parts of those of the QM.

Check out Ocean Village(Arcadia III) and the new Arcadia in Trinidad

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=200121741082612793

Regards

WLCS

You guys do such a fine job on your videos!

Do you do these commercially? Or just for fun> I didn't see anything on your web page previously about selling them.

You must have an incredible music collection.

I loved the construction workers dancing on the high rise. I loved the guy up by the bridge with the giant hand, waving. And what was with the British flags? was there some special British celebration that day?

Thanks for the smiles and the laughs!

Great video!

Here is a short video from my last cruise, taken off Newfoundland.

http://video.tinypic.com/player.php?v=437ngwn

\

Wow! No fog there! You made me smile and laugh out loud (with glee!) And that;s not bad for a Monday!

Thanks, LankyLad!

Karie,

who would just as soon someone else do the driving in those conditions!

Archived