Does this website ever make you NOT want to cruise?

8mpg

If you want 99% positive on this web site, then go to the Roll Call threads. Those folks are down right crazy about their cruises. Including me!!

Nothing would make me not want to cruise. A bad day on a cruise is better than a good day not cruising!

Find your roll call and join in. It is so much fun!

kathyanddick

Most negative cruise feedbacks are from cruisers who didnt get

1 a free upgrade

2 5 lobster tails at dinner ( waiter cut them off at 4 )

3 saw bar bill at end of cruise and passed out

4 got there liquir confiscated

5 lifes too short bad weather poor service hey a kid wee wees in pool your on a cruise have fun. Quote Ill have plenty of time to rest when im dead.

No, nothing can make me stop cruising. Love it way too much, and I know some people will find anything to complain about.

What I have found on these boards is some very helpful info and advice - you just have to decide what is important to you, and what doesn't matter.

It doesn't make me want to stop cruising, but as others have posted, there are some people on this board I hope I don't ever meet on a cruise! :eek:

I made a mistake in the past week--I was bored and posted to threads about a couple of topics I don't generally pay attention to (unless it's for the entertainment value): dress code and cruising with/without kids. Right now, I'm not feeling so good about some of the attitudes on this board--actually got flamed for the first time ever. And, another first, I put someone on my ignore list. So, I'll go back to posting on and reading only the threads that actually have some value and don't have as many "passionate" (read: judgmental) people posting on them. JMHO

I hope your first cruise experience is even better than you imagine. Alaska is such a beautiful destination for your first cruise. This summer we're going on our second cruise to Alaska, and I'm more excited about this one than I've been about any of the previous ones--I've been there and I know we're going to love it all over again!

Have a great time!

Jayne

:)

Well, Im still new around here and my first cruise is upcoming and have relied on this site for learning the basics of what I need to do to be ready... Only problem is, there is so much negative stuff about ports of call, cruise ships, cruise staff, food...the list just goes ON, and ON, and ON. These "norovirus" threads make you wonder if you are going to get sick or not...and it makes the "stomach flu" sound like we are all going to die if we get it.

As a first time cruiser, I might have not booked my trip after reading here simply because all of the negative things I read here. What are your thoughts?

I think cruising can be compared to movies. Some people think they stink and others love them. I have been on one cruise and even though my husband got sick with the flu on board it wasn't so bad. We still had a good cruise minus 48 hours and the sun and relaxation helps you get over it faster. I think the statement a bad cruise is better than a day doing anything else is correct. I am looking forward to my second cruise in September. We know we complain more than say positive things so ignore at least 50% of the stuff you read. I think you will always find people that will complain about anything.

Oh we are going no matter what :) We leave this saturday. Its just sorta of a killer to read all the nonsense on here when you are thinking of planning a cruise. I think there is a wealth of information but some of the negative is really a turnoff. My friend told me about this website but forewarned me about he negative comments and the complaints. He told me to make sure I took it with a grain of salt but man, it overwhelmed me. I didnt know about this site until AFTER I booked and paid in full.

Though I have learned a lot, I must say that I will have to take my own trip to see how it really pans out.

Please come back on and tell us what you think.. I know you will be ready to sign up for another one. Have a great time.

I do have a positive attitude for our cruise... my family keeps saying I wont shut up about it :p I just wonder if it would deter someone from cruising if they had no warning before reading this site.

Pictures and a full review will be up as soon as we get back. We have 3GB worth of memory cards for the camera :D

Remember there are other places you might like more too. I really don't want to go to Alaska but my husband does. I was born in Florida and I would like to go to the warm areas only. Alaska isn't my ideal vacation but other have told me I don't know what I am missing.

Why would you not have cruised just because a minority %age of posts on CC boards are neg.?

These boards would have ground to a halt years ago if all people did was contribute ...."Isn't cruising wonderful" , "isn't the food great" , "isn't the ocean really big, and blue " ...etc. comments.

It is the diverse opinions , the comments, favourable and controversial, touching , funny, knowlegable, informative, etc. which has kept CC alive. Even you the OP would have soon stopped reading, were this not true.

What would you have done instead of going cruising. ? Gone to a hotel , or similar, instead ?

Do you not know they have food poisoning, bad staff, norovirus , all the same on and on on [to use your OP] issues of Cruise ships, except maybe for sea sickness. :)

After reading some of the things people are complaining about I am not too worried....I don't think the cruise lines can help the weather etc. Have a great time and don't worry what anyone else is doing or saying, you are the only one who counts

Archived