Are there usually set nights for formal diniing, etc.?

SueO

Hi - we are sailing on the Ryndam for 7 days from Seward to Vancouver in August. I am thinking of reserving the Pinnacle Grill ahead of time ( just noticed this online with HAL) but wondered if there is someplace that tells which nights have special stuff going on - like formal night or any other things I would not want to miss. Is it a set schedule for all the 7 night cruises? Or do I need to call HAL?

Thanks

sue

HAL will have the info for how many of each dress code nights, but the nights formal falls on are the captain's decision.

TRADITIONALLY, the first FULL DAY on the ship (the day after you leave) and the day before you come back to port are formal, but again... Captain's discretion

Almost always (but there are exceptions), the first formal night is your first full day aboard the ship.....the day after boarding.

For a seven day cruise, if there is a sea day (that is not within one or two days of your first formal night), that will be formal. Ideally, the night before the last night is the second formal night but sometimes that does not work out. Reasons for that not happening would be if you are scheduled to leave port later in the evening.

With HAL's new dress code, you will have two formal nights and five casual. There no longer are informal nights on HAL ships.

As for Pinnacle......if you like lobster, don't book Pinnacle on the last formal night. That is when they serve lobster tails in the dining room.

Looking at my post... then yours...

Echo...

Echo...

Echo...

:D

Almost always (but there are exceptions), the first formal night is your first full day aboard the ship.....the day after boarding.

For a seven day cruise, if there is a sea day (that is not within one or two days of your first formal night), that will be formal. Ideally, the night before the last night is the second formal night but sometimes that does not work out. Reasons for that not happening would be if you are scheduled to leave port later in the evening.

With HAL's new dress code, you will have two formal nights and five casual. There no longer are informal nights on HAL ships.

As for Pinnacle......if you like lobster, don't book Pinnacle on the last formal night. That is when they serve lobster tails in the dining room.

We almost never order it. We live in Boston and love the Maine hardshells. We cook them at home fairly regularly so they aren't the treat for us they are for lots of other people.

Most people are disappointed if they miss the lobster in the dining room......except, of course, for those who are allergic etc

TRADITIONALLY, the first FULL DAY on the ship (the day after you leave) and the day before you come back to port are formal, but again... Captain's discretion

Actually, not an echo. I read your post to be saying the last day of the cruise is formal. That is not the case. The last day of the cruise is always casual.

Usually (but not always) the next to last day of the cruise is the formal night.

Hi - we are sailing on the Ryndam for 7 days from Seward to Vancouver in August. I am thinking of reserving the Pinnacle Grill ahead of time ( just noticed this online with HAL) but wondered if there is someplace that tells which nights have special stuff going on - like formal night or any other things I would not want to miss. Is it a set schedule for all the 7 night cruises? Or do I need to call HAL?

Thanks

sue

contact the Ship coordinator to find out. We went to the Pinnacle Grill the first formal night so that we could skip the line to take pictures with the captain. But we wore our formal attire to the Pinnacle.

Formal night means formal in all venues aboard the ship for the whole evening.....not just the dining room. If it is formal night, one would wear their formal clothes to Pinnacle if that is where they are dining.

Archived