A few ?? for those who have stayed precruise and sailed from Fort Lauderdale

I am flying in the day before the ship leaves and have a few questions. The hotel I am staying at does not have a shuttle from the airport. I am assuming there are cabs at the airport that will take me to the hotel so no problems there.

The day we leave for the port does anyone know how accessible cabs are to the hotels on the beach or should I plan on calling one the night before and asking them to pick us up the next morning to take us to the port. (the hotel does not have shuttles to the port)

And not that I want to think about it :) but when we get off the ship are there cabs pretty accessible at the port to take us to the airport or am I going to have to find a way to call one once we get to the port?

Thanks!

Hi caribencrzer, You should have nno problems with cabs in either direction. However when you check in ask at the concierge desk about the cab to the pier so you will know whether or not to call for the cab to the pier. The cabs are lined up at the pier to take you to the airport, About 10 minutes.

Keith

We were just in Ft Lauderdale last weekend & stayed at the Holiday Inn Express near the airport. We were going to take the shuttle Monday morning until we saw all the luggage waiting to be loaded. Went back inside & asked the desk clerk to call us a cab, less than 5 minutes later our cab pulled up. 10 minutes & $12.20 later we were at the pier:D

Coming off the ship we grabbed a porter, he helped find & load our luggage, got us outside & into a cab within 10 minutes. Well worth the $1 a bag we tipped him. It was just under $15 from the port to the airport for us.

Iwhen we get off the ship are there cabs pretty accessible at the port to take us to the airport or am I going to have to find a way to call one once we get to the port?

Thanks!

As other posters have said, you won't have a problem getting a cab from the pier to the airport coming back. In fact, if anyone offers you an "easy transfer" from the pier to the airport, don't take it. You will have to wait for the shuttle to fill up before you can leave, and it can add an extra 30-45 minutes to your wait. Grab the cab! (We made the mistake of booking a last-minute transfer from a company at the pier when we arrived to our cruise, for use transporting us back to the airport after our cruise. Worst decision we made! Those who grabbed cabs paid the same or less and were on their way in a jiffy!)

Last time we debarked in Ft Laud, we got a porter to help us with our luggage. He walked us and our luggage outside and got us in a cab. If I remember right, the line for the cabs was just to the left outside the terminal building.

Have fun!

p.s. Do you already have your hotel booked? We had good luck with Priceline there. I think we bid $80 and requested 4* and got Hyatt Pier 66. That's been 2 or 3 years ago though.

Where is this located? Could you tell us a little about it? Thanks so much.:)

The Galleria is located on Sunrise Blvd. about 1/2 mile west of the beach. Lots of shops and good restaurants. However if you're going to be on 17th Street Causeway near the port, there are lots of good restaurants down that way. Bravo Italiano is a favorite.

Cheryl H... I did use priceline for our room and got a 3* for $69. We are at the Sheraton Yankee Trader Hotel. Anyone ever stay there?

We just stayed there in April. It was a nice hotel and on the beach. We did not eat there. We ate at Don Shula's on the Beach which is adjacent to the Sheraton Yankee Clipper hotel (a taxi ride away) and it was excellent!

Get a cab from the hotel easily. The tranfer done thru the ship was a mess.

Archived