LIVE from Liberty of the Seas May 16 - 19: Ask Us YOUR Questions!

Seatraveler~Thank you, please give us a recap?

Ken Rush will continue to be the CD until when?

And the Captain is??????????? until when?

HEADLINER GUEST??????? Who is it!??? :-) And will this person(s) be on the LOFtil when?

Are you having a good cruise?

Thnaks!

Thanks, kulekhatt.

Did the reflective glass block your view? Are those balconies smaller or larger? Are those cabins something to stay away from, or is there no difference at all?

From the looks of some of the pictures the balconies seem to extend a little further, or is that the extra support they had to build in for the whirlpool?

Cheers! :)

The glass did not block our view. We were not aware of the location until we boarded. We liked the location very much. They may be a tad bigger...I did not see any other balconies. I think it is for extra support. You will enjoy it very much! :) On our Liberty cruise in a few weeks and we will have our first hump room.

Steve, may 19th will be our second cruise and we are still learning.

Are floats permitted in the pools?

Still packing ........

Charlie and Joyce, Make sure you sign up for the Meet and Mingle (link at top of page) We have a great group going!

• Administrators
Hi Jen:

1. There is no movie theater.

While not actually a full-fledged "theater", there is the Screening Room on Deck 2. Large, comfy movie type chairs, where movies are shown (CHECK your compass for movie times). I'd guesstimate that the Screening Room seats about 60 or 80 or so..... Get there in plenty of time for a seat. On my "Freedom of the Seas sailing, for example, the seats filled up fast for a showing of The Devil Wears Prada.

Laura

Thanks for answering my first questions, Steve!

I have a few more...maybe others on here will know the answers too...

1. Are teens allowed to use the boxing ring or take the classes?

2. The dry sauna rooms I've seen in the spa...are they charged per minute or included in the price of the cruise? Are there steam rooms as well?

Thanks a bunch!

Jen...who can't wait to get on board this ship!

Will the Liberty Sail tonight after the ceremony, or will it be in port all night?

What time is the ceremony?

If she does not sail tonight, will boarding be any earlier tomorrow than usual since passengers will not be on board?

Thanks!

Scott

From what we were told on Tuesday at the CC party, the ship will sail tonight and then return in the AM for the first "Paying Customers". Later, Jill:cool:

In a surprise announcement from the bridge, our cruise to nowhere became a high-speed cruise to somewhere as a serious medical emergency with a crewman forced the ship to steam directly for Key West to be within reach of a Coast Guard medivac helicopter rendezvousing with the ship. No details were available and the entire forward portion of the ship was cordoned off as preparations were made to land the Coast Guard chopper on Liberty's helipad.

The helicopter circled the ship about six times, then passed low over the Lido Deck, allowing me to snap the following picture.

I try to eat relatively healthy and light lunches aboard ships, at least making an attempt to convince myself I’ve earned a calorie deficit to give me wider latitude of choices at dinnertime. But I couldn’t get off the ship without sampling a burger and fries at the onboard Johnny Rockets. I was surprised to find that at 1:30 p.m. the restaurant had numerous empty seats. The minute you sit down a server brings a platter with onion rings and French fries, even before you’ve seen a menu, which takes the edge off your hunger while you peruse the menu at leisure. The main drawback is that all burgers are prepared in advance and all are cooked well-done. None are cooked to order. However, I found a trick to getting a burger fresh off the grill; simply ask for one of their standard burgers with items removed or added; that way they can’t grab one of the pre-cooked, pre-wrapped ones sitting under the heat lamps. There is a $5.00 per person cover charge to dine at Johnny Rockets.

The evening was packed with key Liberty of the Seas experiences, at least one of which is almost certain to be on the radar screen of everyone who is considering booking this ship. First, we dined in Portofino, Liberty’s Italian alternative eatery. We found the choices, though limited in number, excellently prepared and presented. The tira misu, served in a chocolate shell was to die for. One piece of advice is that for those to whom having lobster onboard is of prime importance, don’t depend that on “lobster night” those desirable crustaceans will find their way onto the menus of all restaurants onboard, as happens on some other ships. On Liberty lobster is only served in the main restaurant. My second piece of advice – which is probably obvious to most – is to make reservations as soon as possible; Portofino only seats 100. There is a $20.00 per guest cover charge for dining at Portofino.

After dinner we went to Studio B, the ice rink/ice show venue to see “Encore.” This ice show is a real crowd pleaser, with many elements usually found in cruise ship show lounge production spectaculars, beginning with that familiar staple, the Andrew Lloyd Weber medley. The quality and panache of the skaters are terrific, though, truth told, I don’t think most of us could tell a double-Axel from a triple-wheelie. But this is a show you need to get to very early. Studio B only seats 760, and many of those seats, especially on the sides of the balcony have poor sightlines.

Then, after a break to download more of the thread, and to pack, I made my way to the Platinum Theater for the premier performance of “In the Air,” an incredible combination of singing, dance and spectacular aerial feats. This is one of the most impressive cruise ship production shows I have seen, reminiscent to an extent, of Cirque du Soleil in costume and production design. The special effects are top-notch and make use of all the capabilities of the room and stage. This show, being introduced on Liberty, will also be installed on Freedom of the Seas in about six months.

I got back to my stateroom by midnight and fell right to sleep. Good thing as I have to be off the ship by 8:00 a.m. I’ll reboard as soon as possible to cover the naming ceremony and to post my last answers to your questions.

1493924399_Liberty014.jpg.e3e26c9174ded042c93ec9de862c0f05.jpg

• Do you have a time that the Christening Ceremony is to begin?
  • What groups (Cruising) are on board for this two day Pre-Inaugural?

The naming ceremony is slated to begin at 4:00 p.m., Eastern Time.

On our cruise there were a small number of journalists, but most of the ship was filled with top-producing travel agents, and, in some cases, some of their best clients.

Where are these touchscreens located? Are they on every floor at each elevator/stairway area?

Aha! Now that is something that makes sense. I think you've definitely come up with a feasible answer to the penguin question. :D

The touchscreens are located on virtually every landing.

How is the speed of your Internet connectivity while on-board? Do you use your own laptop or go to the Internet Café area on-board? If not using your own laptop, can you ask someone with a laptop if they have good speed and good coverage on the ship to roam different places. One last thing on this topic, can you hook-up your laptop to the Internet in your cabin via a NIC connection and what is the cost for that?

Thanks,

Steve:)

I've been using my wi-fi laptop for 90% of the time, and I find the connection to be very good for onboard Internet. I do use the Internet cafe when I want to print out hunks of this thread, but otherwise I'm on Wi-Fi and have found a usable signal nearly everywhere onboard.

who will be godmother of the Liberty of the Seas?Thanks

The Godmother is Donnalea Madeley, a travel agent from Ontario, Canada, who was selected because of both her business accomplishments and for her philanthropy.

We gave a lot of money to our cruise friends at the Texas Hold 'Em table on the 5/7 pre-inaugural! :o

There was a live dealer, the button went around just to determine blinds. The stakes when we played were $5, and because that would normally make small blind $2.50, I think it was $3? The dealer said if all playing want to raise table stakes, no problem. Bidding unlimited.

Have fun!

Charlie and Joyce, Make sure you sign up for the Meet and Mingle (link at top of page) We have a great group going!

thanks mary, we have been registered on the meet and mingle for quite some time. i am just more of a lurker than a talker. hopefully will get to meet you sunday at 10:15

Cruise Director is none other than: Ken Rush. I enjoy Ken.

Wahoo!!! :D Ken was the cruise director when we were on Freedom in October! Love that guy . . . . he's great so glad cause we're on Liberty in November!!!!!!!

Steve

Would like to know if there is DVD to borrow in the Diamond Lounge. I have used the Suite Concierge in other ships, and there is a DVD library available to borrow. Wonder if there is a similar library in the Diamond Lounge.

Thanks.

Archived