FAO DaiB - CC Meets

Britboys

Hi Dai,

I seem to remember from reading one of your reviews on here that you organised a CC/Crow's Nest Meet on-board for one of your cruises.

I am planning to do this for our Aurora cruise in 3 weeks (R708) and would appreciate any tips. Who did you write to on board to get it publicised? What is the best time/venue etc?

Any info will be very gratefully received,

Andrew :)

Hi Dai,

I seem to remember from reading one of your reviews on here that you organised a CC/Crow's Nest Meet on-board for one of your cruises.

I am planning to do this for our Aurora cruise in 3 weeks (R708) and would appreciate any tips. Who did you write to on board to get it publicised? What is the best time/venue etc?

Any info will be very gratefully received,

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Yes I organised a get together on Arcadia on J625. I contacted someone on a previous cruise and they kindly made enquiries for me as to whom we should contact.

They came up with this Email address Arcadia@pocruises.com and I sent them the following:-

Sir,

Can this be please by passed on to the relevant person.

Booking a room for a Cruise Connections (P&O Website chat room) Meeting.

on J625

We hope to hold a meeting of the above group on the first day of Arcadia's next cruise J625. We were going to use a part of the Crows Nest bar we find it is being used for bingo at the time.

Is it possible to book a room somewhere and have it advertised in 'Arcadia Today' for Saturday morning 21st Oct, for an hour from 11.00 or 11.30. Would it also possible to have some coffee & biscuits provided.

Thank you

D B

It was passed on and we got a room by the Crows nest but no coffee as it is not available in this part of the ship. However on Aurora you can get coffee in the Crows Nest so it may be worth an enquiry,

The meeting was advertised in Arcadia Today and 14 people turned up.

I would suggest you email Aurora@pocruises.com. about a week before you sail. it would be best if you can give them some idea of numbers.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

Dai

As you know, I organised a cc meet in crows nest, which had bingo playing on J611, sounds good having a side room. I read on CC responses to Neil & Ged post, that on Aurora someone managed to get a free round of drinks and a welcome visit by a officer, Now I am back on Arcadia 4 weeks on friday, and hope to arrange another CC meet, thinking again first day at sea, which will be Sat 23rd June. Is there a way do you think of wording the email, knowing what you know now from experience, that might secure a room. a free round of drinks and a meet and greet from a Officer ! LOL

Any advice appreciated

Sue :p

Dai

As you know, I organised a cc meet in crows nest, which had bingo playing on J611, sounds good having a side room. I read on CC responses to Neil & Ged post, that on Aurora someone managed to get a free round of drinks and a welcome visit by a officer, Now I am back on Arcadia 4 weeks on friday, and hope to arrange another CC meet, thinking again first day at sea, which will be Sat 23rd June. Is there a way do you think of wording the email, knowing what you know now from experience, that might secure a room. a free round of drinks and a meet and greet from a Officer ! LOL

Any advice appreciated

Sue :p

Hi Sue,

The only thing I would add to what I did was Mike Crows suggestion to give the Captain a personal invite which you could have ready to give to him the day before via the reception desk.

I would ask for coffee which you may not get on Arcadia because they cannot make it in the crows nest. I did not have the nerve to ask for free drinks.:o They did provide a waiter to go for the drinks.

An Entertainments officer came fro a short while, but just to see us settled.

You need to Email when she is on the cruise before yours.

:)Happy Cruising Pet:)

:cool:

Dai

Archived