Virgin America Cleared to Fly in US

Cruisin' Ron VA

Or possibly, "plain-Jane" => plane "Jane"
LOL, if its what I think it means. As in Plain Jane; and an old joke about any virgins left in America.
perhaps mary jane? :eek:
I've thought about this overnight - it must be "plain/plane Jane". Not only is it a pun, but it's a pun with a history: Virgin Atlantic has a "Virginia Plain", ie "Virgin airplane". And unloved "plain Jane" might still be a virgin.

It also fits with the generally quirky naming approach: for example, Virgin Blue, the group's low fare airline in Australia was called that in part because the aircraft bear a red livery, and "blue" or "bluey" is Australian slang for a redhead.

In contrast, "Virgin America" seems positively boring.

Sorry, I cannot stand Air Tran--nothing but bad experiences with them, and now with their takeover attempt at our "hometown airline" Midwest, they upset me even further. Give me anything run by Sir Richard anytime. I love Virgin Atlantic and fly them every time I can. Their customer service is excellent as evidenced by a recent experience. My mom broke her hip on

Celebrity cruises in January. She's 80 years young. We had scheduled an

80th birthday cruise to the Med for her in May, but had to cancel because of the injury. We had flights on Virgin Atlantic to London and then had to fly BA intra Europe. Virgin had absolutely no problem refunding our Upper Class airfare, but we got absolutely nothing from BA, not even the chance to use those tickets at another time. I cannot wait for VA to start---I just hope they come to Chicago---and soon !!!

Kitty. AirTran just ordered 15 more Boeing 737-700 airplanes to continue their expansion. They've just added San Diego and Charleston, SC. They also have had about 7 consecutive years of profitability.

Archived