Cosol Tour in St. Lucia

cleob

Hi - what a bargain - Cosol is great. Google him for contact info. I called him on my cell - he answered on Sunday - I also e-mailed him & he immediately e-mailed confirmation back. He will find you based on you name & e-mail as soon as you exit the ship. He has several gentlemen that help him so there may be a couple of vans. New vans with greta AC & not crowded- you will see so much & be so pleased that you took this tour. This guy is so organized - everwhere we stopped he had already contracted with the people there to provide cool St Lucia food - lots of fruits, drinks, fish, etc. We ate our way thru St Lucia! We went the week of 9-16-07 from the Carnival Destiny - we talked to lots of folks on the ship & I believe Cosol tour participants saw the most for the best price.

Becky & Leon:)

We got about a full hour at the beach and it was just perfect, not crowded at all. I think it was called Jalousie beach. They have a bathroom right there for you to use and change at. We lucked out because we got Cosol as our actual tour guide, there were many booked on this tour but it felt very personal. Many great photo ops. Bring an underwater camera too so you can take some pics while swimming right under the Pitons.

I have a real phobia when it comes to snakes. Is this snake part of the tour or what? We are booked on Cosol's tour in Nov. and I would just pass out if that snake came near me. Please tell me how this snake comes in because I wll be sure to avoid it!

Thanks

LOL The snake and his owner are standing on the side of the road and your tour guide will ask if anyone wants to stop and take pics with him. The majority of people on our bus said yes! You just give the guy a buck or two. The snake was very friendly and old and didn't squirm around a lot, I think it was a boa constrictor. I guess you can just stay in the van and look the other way if it freaks you out! Great photo op though.

LOL The snake and his owner are standing on the side of the road and your tour guide will ask if anyone wants to stop and take pics with him. The majority of people on our bus said yes! You just give the guy a buck or two. The snake was very friendly and old and didn't squirm around a lot, I think it was a boa constrictor. I guess you can just stay in the van and look the other way if it freaks you out! Great photo op though.

Thanks! This is one stop where I will remain in the van!!!!!!!!!!!!

nice pics!

i was in the same van as you...i was the girl in the front in the white dress taking pictures for everyone out the window :)

i took a TON of pictures from the tour, but i took so many pictures throughout the cruise last week, i'm still waiting for all of them to upload!

i had a blast on this tour...there was so much to see!

nice pics!

i was in the same van as you...i was the girl in the front in the white dress taking pictures for everyone out the window :)

i took a TON of pictures from the tour, but i took so many pictures throughout the cruise last week, i'm still waiting for all of them to upload!

i had a blast on this tour...there was so much to see!

Oh cool! Yeah, thanks for taking those pics!! Mine all came out great! I also took so many pictures that I had to buy another memory card on the ship....ugh, that made me mad :mad: But anyways, I think this was the best tour I've ever been on. :)

I've heard so many great things about Cosol tours and I emailed him this past weekend for our trip in December. For those of you who have used Cosol, what did you do to 'book' with him? We've emailed, and I told him when we were coming, and he emailed back 'you are booked'. He didn't even ask for our last name. He only had our first name and no other contact information. He knows the date we are coming, and told us to be there at 8:20, but that's it. It seems really unsure, and I want to be sure! I've heard so many great things about him!

That's all we did. I printed off the e-mail from him with our confirmation and took that. He met us exactly where he said he would; had our names and put us on the vans. We were lucky enough to be in his van and had the best time. No extra charge for drinks and you can have all you want. No extra charge for food and you eat all day; no extra charge for the gardens or the volcano...Cosol pays it all!

This is the best excursion for the money of all the excursions we've been on. You truly cannot go wrong booking with him. Someone asked about tipping...we gave him $20.

It doesn't sound like very much time at the beach. Is the beach time at the end of the tour or the middle. I read on another post that the people at the beach that he takes you act like they did not want cruise passengers there. Did you get that sense?

Piratefan, I didn't get that feeling. There weren't a lot of people there. It's some sort of resort, but not many people on the beach. We just got in the water a little while and you could see the fish from the pier without even snorkeling, the water is so clear.

We were there somewhere between 45 min and an hour. We stopped there toward the end of the tour and on the way back to the ship is when we stopped for the hot bread and cheese.

We were there 9-21-07. Wear a bathing suit under your clothes - the water is heaven at the beach between the Pitons - they had to drag me out as it was so nice - clear & clean. The people at the resort were not even down at the beach - we were the primary people there. You really do this toward the end of the tour & it is a great ending -

Becky & Leon;)

we are taking cosol on our destiny cruise leaving san juan on 10/28/07.

My only concern is that he says to meet in the terminal at 8:20am and the boat first docks at 8am!!!!

I am a first time cruiser. How do you get off so fast???:rolleyes:

image.php?code=0XT1324274Xk2Xs22XFamily Cruise

We docked late and he waited for everyone. If he has you on the list, he will wait and make every attempt to find you prior to leaving on the tour. It doesn't take that long to get off the ship.

At the end of the tour. He takes cash.

When you get ready that morning, put your swim suit on under your clothes and eat breakfast early, go back to your cabin and get your towels and camera, and get off as soon as you can after you dock. People start leaving as soon as the ship is docked so there shouldn't be any reason why you can't make the 8:30 meet.

Cosol is very easy to find. You will see him with a sign just inside the dock area just where he tells you. He has been the easiest to find of all the excursions we've been on. If you sort of get toward the back of the line, you will end up on Cosol's van and you will have the best time with him. He is so funny and really knows the island since he was born there he has all kinds of information. We stopped to pick up his laundry from his girlfriend...had fun teasing him about that. He loves your questions and loves to talk about himself and how he started his business.

Archived