Looks like "Princess" and I have the same TA!!

And, exact same problems!!!! We have different reps, but it's the same company, same office. Like her, I haven't received cruise documents, they don't return my calls, emails, etc., and have ignored me since I asked for the price drop that Royal Caribbean told me I WAS eligible for............

Not good - I can't believe that they can get away with this. Makes you wonder how many other people they did this to!

I'm still trying though, so we'll see. Makes me want to fly down there and just show up at their office one day!!!

Grrrrrr...........

But, I am ready to have a marvelous cruise! :)

And, exact same problems!!!! We have different reps, but it's the same company, same office. Like her, I haven't received cruise documents, they don't return my calls, emails, etc., and have ignored me since I asked for the price drop that Royal Caribbean told me I WAS eligible for............

Not good - I can't believe that they can get away with this. Makes you wonder how many other people they did this to!

I'm still trying though, so we'll see. Makes me want to fly down there and just show up at their office one day!!!

Grrrrrr...........

But, I am ready to have a marvelous cruise! :)

OK, I am confused... ???????????

Sorry - you had to have read our pretty much identical posts in the last week or so............ Seems we both had lots of issues with our TA's, and turns out, they are from the same office. They seem to have "disappeared", once we brought it to their attention that there was a price drop.

Sorry for the confusion! :)

Sorry - you had to have read our pretty much identical posts in the last week or so............ Seems we both had lots of issues with our TA's, and turns out, they are from the same office. They seem to have "disappeared", once we brought it to their attention that there was a price drop.

Sorry for the confusion! :)

From what I've been reading it seems that the price drop you are talking about is for "new bookings only" and wouldn't qualify for a refund. If the price drop was actually on Royal Caribbeans web site then you would be due a refund. It would also have to be the exact category that you're staying in which dropped in price to get the refund.

Royal Caribbean has recommended the use of travel agents on their recording for quite a while now. They even put a commercial on tv a month or so back, recommending agents. Agents are still booking the majority of cruises...the cruiselines couldn't afford the personnel if agents stopped selling their cruises.

I started to seriously question the wisdom of using a travel agent when ours called my wife to ask for information about different cruises we had taken so that she could make a recommendation to another customer. Seems she hadn't cruised herself in years and was unfamiliar with the product she was selling. :rolleyes:

We've been using the same TA for many years now and I honestly would never book a vacation without her . After reading many post on this board regarding problems that others have had I'm thinking of dropping by her office today to give her a big hug!!

Kwelguy-

Actually, all the booking prices say "for new bookings only", which means that no one would ever get the price drop. Royal Caribbean told me that I WAS eligible, which is why we've persued it..........

You're only eligible for the refund if the price drop is on the RCCL web site. You never answered whether it was or not which tells me that it probably wasn't.

Kewlguy-

It was on the RCCL site - sorry I missed that question. And, it is the exact catagory. RCCL confirmed that, when they checked my reservation and told me that the price is now lower. That's why I called to check in the first place.....

Wherever the price drop came from, the TA should return my call/email etc. There's pretty much no excuse. We've never cruised before, and have questions for him. We want to change our table size, we have questions about arriving at port, and we still don't have cruise documents. I realize I don't have to have them, but it would be nice. I've left these questions with him as well, with no response!

Kewlguy-

It was on the RCCL site - sorry I missed that question. And, it is the exact catagory. RCCL confirmed that, when they checked my reservation and told me that the price is now lower. That's why I called to check in the first place.....

Wherever the price drop came from, the TA should return my call/email etc. There's pretty much no excuse. We've never cruised before, and have questions for him. We want to change our table size, we have questions about arriving at port, and we still don't have cruise documents. I realize I don't have to have them, but it would be nice. I've left these questions with him as well, with no response!

Your TA cannot change table size, its only a request. If you dont like the size you are assigned to, when you board, just go to the maitre d (sp?) and ask to have it changed. This is usually not a problem to get what you want.

I agree the TA should be calling you back.

You're only eligible for the refund if the price drop is on the RCCL web site. You never answered whether it was or not which tells me that it probably wasn't.

kewlguy....look at the current specials...Sales Event (formerly known as happy hour) is now on the main RCI site

see at the top of this cut and paste...it shows it is now on the main specials page.

--------

Deals & Gifts > Limited Time Offers

s.gifSalesEvent_Header_490x27.gif

s.gif

s.gif

Looking for a great cruise vacation at a great price? Congratulations, you've found it! With our Royal Caribbean Sales Event, there's never been a better time to save on a Royal Caribbean cruise vacation. So check out the available dates and destinations and reserve now to take advantage of these great special offers - but don't delay - the Royal Caribbean Sales Event doesn't last forever

kewlguy....look at the current specials...Sales Event (formerly known as happy hour) is now on the main RCI site

see at the top of this cut and paste...it shows it is now on the main specials page.

--------

Deals & Gifts > Limited Time Offers

s.gifSalesEvent_Header_490x27.gif

s.gif

s.gif

Looking for a great cruise vacation at a great price? Congratulations, you've found it! With our Royal Caribbean Sales Event, there's never been a better time to save on a Royal Caribbean cruise vacation. So check out the available dates and destinations and reserve now to take advantage of these great special offers - but don't delay - the Royal Caribbean Sales Event doesn't last forever

Regardless of whether they call it a sales event or happy hour special it's still for new bookings only. Why is this so complicated for people to understand?

Your TA cannot change table size, its only a request. If you dont like the size you are assigned to, when you board, just go to the maitre d (sp?) and ask to have it changed. This is usually not a problem to get what you want.

But if you requested one size and change your mind, your TA should be able to change the requested table size in your booking information. I believe that's what the OP had in mind.

Regardless of whether they call it a sales event or happy hour special it's still for new bookings only. Why is this so complicated for people to understand?

Maybe because, there are plenty of people who have received a discount even when it stated for new bookings only.

My guess as to why they have honored price drops to existing bookings is because passengers could/would just cancel their existing reservations and make a "new" booking for the same ship, time and cabin type. In the long run it behooves them to honor the drop if a client brings it to their attention.

This really is no different then what some department stores do. It's good business and it makes sense.

I have had a price drop honored but it was before the remainder of the cost was due. In other words, all I had was my deposit for the cruise invested.

Archived