Where to stay in Ft.Lauderdale?

pinkbirds02

Sailing on the Grand Princess in November and we would like to go down a day early. Any suggestions on where to stay? We would like to be near the pier (hotel with a shuttle) but would also like to be close to a mall and restaurants, without having to rent a car or take a taxi. Any suggestions are welcome!:p Also, how far in advance should we book two rooms?

Thanks for your help. Our cruise leaves Sat. Nov. 10 so we will be going to Ft. Lauderdale on the 9th.

Depends on the price you are looking to pay.

For clean but not fancy accomodations, close to shopping and restaurants try http://www.valuetrips.com to see if they have availability at the Amerisuites 17th street. It also includes a shuttle from the airport and to the pier. It is on 17th street so it actually doesn't have access to the pier, but it isn't far.

We stay there whenever we have a pre-cruise night because of the location and the price. For one night, it is pretty good.

Also, the Embassy Suites is right around the corner. A nicer hotel with a much nicer price too! ;)

Sailing on the Grand Princess in November and we would like to go down a day early. Any suggestions on where to stay? We would like to be near the pier (hotel with a shuttle) but would also like to be close to a mall and restaurants, without having to rent a car or take a taxi. Any suggestions are welcome!:p Also, how far in advance should we book two rooms?

Thanks for your help. Our cruise leaves Sat. Nov. 10 so we will be going to Ft. Lauderdale on the 9th.

3 of my favorites would be...

Renaissance

Embassy Suites

Mariott Harbor Beach

What Hotells/Motels do you usually saty with? Points etc..

Go on the Canal tours etc... This is one of the nicest places to reside in all of Florida..

Book rooms way in advance so you are able to plan your stay. As well keep a few copies of your Confirmation...

:eek:

With so many stipulations you have such as no rental or bus or taxi.. well stay at a Cruise Sponsored Loacation and pay a lot more than on your own even renting a car...:eek:

Embassy gets my vote. Managers reception during the evening with free drinks. In the morning get a great breakfast before heading to the ship. Shopping center directly behind the hotel.

Embassy gets my vote. Managers reception during the evening with free drinks. In the morning get a great breakfast before heading to the ship. Shopping center directly behind the hotel.

You can not go wrong with Embassy. I have never been to the FLL one. I shall try is someday. Thanks.

Hi we stayed at Amerisuites before and it was okay with the valuetrips.com price but unfortunately it is not available through that site after 10/31. I wouldn't pay the hotel web sit prices, it wasn't that great. Have also stayed at Sleep inn in Dania as a result of recommendations from this board. It was fine also with shuttle from the airport and to the ship in the morning, with free breakfast in the morning.

This year, after checking around and questioning like you,

we chose the Hampton Inn in Plantation. They have a free shuttle from the airport and to the ship the next morning, free breakfast, and is walking distance of a large mall and several restaurants!

By the way, we will be sailing with you and have a roll call going, if you are interested! It's going to be a great cruise!:D

Hope this helps a little!

Totally agree. Embassy Suites 17th street. Bit more expensive, but big rooms (lots of space to dump all that cruise luggage!!) Drinks in the evening are nice. Breakfast has made to order omletes too.

They also have a shuttle bus to the pier. You can book ahead and pay for it, or just book the room itself. Last time we booked room only, and the porter that helped with our bags arranged free shuttle for us, so we saved a few bucks. You can walk to the grocery store behind the hotel.

In the morning, make sure you go up to the top floor - they have little balconies in the corners - go outside and view all the ships in port - very very nice!!!

Pia - I think the award for closest to the port goes to the Fort Lauderdale Grand - formerly the Marriot Marina.

I personally really enjoy the Hyatt Pier 66, just over the drawbridge from the port. It's been totally renovated and the pool area is beautiful. CHeck out photos in the link below.

Pia - I think the award for closest to the port goes to the Fort Lauderdale Grand - formerly the Marriot Marina.

Could be Chris. They're a block apart. However' date=' the "new" Ft. Lauderdale Grande will be closed until the week before Xmas. The original poster needs a room for November[/b']

Pia

We went to travelocity and bid for the port area. We knew we might not be looking at the port, but it would be close. We bid something like $80-$90 and the Renaissance took it. The hotel is right next to the port. Once we were confirmed, we asked the hotel directly for a room looking at the port. We had a beautiful view of our ship when we woke up the next morning. The rooms were great. The beds were like sleeping on a cloud and the room service for breakfast is the most amazing food I have seen at a hotel. What a way to start our cruise! Highly recommended and it was a fantastic night sleep!

I don't have any info about places to stay,( we're taking a chance and flying in on the 10th for the same cruise) Just wanted to say "hi", also there's a roll call for this cruise on the Roll Call board if you're interested in anticipating the cruise with others:)

We're on your cruise! If you haven't joined our Roll Call - please do!

We are booked at the Sleep Inn & Suites in Dania, FL. They offer free shuttles (airport & cruiseport) and a clean room for the night.

We're just flying in the day ahead to avoid weather problems - and meeting some friends of ours from Vancouver, BC that have to travel by air 13 hours to make the cruise. All we want is a clean room & shuttles, with a place to eat dinner. Rates were reasonable, about $120 a night. Being we have to book 2 rooms because we're bringing our teenage son and a friend, we didn't want to go to a place that was expensive. Plus, our friends from BC want to stay at the same place without spending an arm and leg for a suite they won't use. This seemed to have everything that all of us wanted.

If you're looking for something a little fancier - try Embassy Suites on 17th - it was recommended by my TA.

We're on your cruise! If you haven't joined our Roll Call - please do!

We are booked at the Sleep Inn & Suites in Dania, FL. They offer free shuttles (airport & cruiseport) and a clean room for the night.

We're just flying in the day ahead to avoid weather problems - and meeting some friends of ours from Vancouver, BC that have to travel by air 13 hours to make the cruise. All we want is a clean room & shuttles, with a place to eat dinner. Rates were reasonable, about $120 a night. Being we have to book 2 rooms because we're bringing our teenage son and a friend, we didn't want to go to a place that was expensive. Plus, our friends from BC want to stay at the same place without spending an arm and leg for a suite they won't use. This seemed to have everything that all of us wanted.

If you're looking for something a little fancier - try Embassy Suites on 17th - it was recommended by my TA.

This is one of my favorite hotels. They also have shuttles from the hotel to the airport. There use to be a revolving bar on the top. But as with most revolving bars. They closed it and its now a banquet room. I seem to think they have a shuttle to the Galaria mall to. PS the restaurant at Neiman Marcus has a great shrimp pasta salad. I always go there for lunch.:)

We just got back from a cruise and stayed at an Embassy Suites on 17th Street in Ft Lauderdale...we could see the ships from our balcony and the hotel offered a shuttle for free...breakfast...and best of all...free drinks from 5:30 to 7:30 nightly...we paid about $135 per night.

Has anyone stayed there. It has received either very good or very bad ratings. I have a rate of $262. We are sailing out on Jan 16, Coral Princess Panama Canal.

HANK`

Has anyone stayed there. It has received either very good or very bad ratings. I have a rate of $262. We are sailing out on Jan 16, Coral Princess Panama Canal.

HANK`

The Ft. Lauderdale Grande Hotel is the new name for the Marriott, which IMO was always a good hotel. That being said, the hotel closed a few days ago and is scheduled to re-open the week before Xmas. Hopefully all renovations and a C.O. will come in on time. If however they fall behind for whatever reason (hopefully no hurricane) you will be scrambling at the last minute trying to find something in the area. Don't want to be doom and gloom, but $262 is not exactly a cheap rate.

Pia

Archived