POLL~ Should RCCL offer Formal Afternoon Tea?

Would you like RCCL to offer Semi-Formal Afternoon Tea?  

278 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like RCCL to offer Semi-Formal Afternoon Tea?

Yes! Definitely! ... on one condition: the tea not be served in coffee pots so that it takes like coffee! Then it becomes pointless.

M

Absolutely Columbia!!! That is one of my biggest gripes with RCI. The hot water from room service (or even in dining room service) comes in coffee carafes! It makes the tea taste terrible! (Especially when you don't like coffee to begin with!)

I suppose if those are the things I have to gripe about....:rolleyes:

icon1.gifPOLL~ Should RCCL offer Formal Afternoon Tea?

Only if they serve scones and clotted cream

Mmmmm....warm scones and clotted cream....(I am drooling at the prospect!) Lemon curd is an unecessary distraction in my opinion :)

Also, I know I beat this to death on the other thread, but RCI (if you're reading this) GET SOME BETTER TEA!!!!!! (Lipton does not a good cup of tea make!)

Sam :D

Well to me sugar in the afternoon is just something to make you sleepy, because it causes a energy slump after the sugar rush wears off about an hour later, so unless I wanted a nap and needed help to sleep, it might be a good idea.:rolleyes: But then again I do view sugar as junk food. So I voted NO.

Please cast your vote regarding whether you would like RCI to offer Afternoon Tea aboard their ships.

It is served mid-afternoon in a semi-formal setting (most probably one of the lounges). Elegant pastries and small sandwiches, as well as fresh warm scones with clotted cream are served by waiters who also pour the teas of your choice.

Soft music is played while you relax and enjoy quiet conversations.

Sure, why not? Need something to go with the cookies! LOL! :D Only kidding! I thought they did do one during a cruise but skip the clotted cream. No one remembers reading it on a compass? I think it would be nice to offer it for the people that would enjoy it:)

RCI does offer something like this, although it is not *high tea* I am sure you could have tea, champagne, actually pretty much any beverage you would like with finger sandwiches, choc covered strawberries, sushi, finger deserts, etc. The captain comes, all the heads of Dept....They call it The Platinum, Diamond Party, invitation only and it is lovely.....Just do what it takes to be invited!

Yes! That would be wonderful! There is a trend going towards tea. Not only for its health benefits but for the relaxing environment that a tea room has. ---And it's not just for "old ladies". Many younger people are getting involved in teas. Every year at my daughter's grade school we have a mother/daughter tea. It's great!

http://www.webmd.com/balance/features/tearooms-offer-healthy-buzz

What's next? An English garden in the solariums? Formal Tea might work on Holland America , or the QEII where canes and walkers are standard issue in room. :D

... if I have offended anyone who cruised Holland America, or uses a cane or a walker, I am sorry. It was not my intent to offend. I am enjoying the humour in my own head. :p

caribbean cruises no because it's a sun & fun itinerary (who wants to race back from the beach to dress for tea? well, not me) - europe/med cruises maybe, but people are always busy in port in the afternoons anyway (so perhaps just on sea days?). RC already offers afternoon snacks and tea is always available. that's just not the way I want my cruise food / bev $$ allocated. give me better food at dinner instead.

It's fun to see who's voting yes or no...just click on the underlined number in the Yes or No to see your your name. ;)

Well either I made a mistake or have been moved. I voted yes and I'm in the no column?? It's not a big deal to me, but when I clicked on the link I couldn't find my vote? It was in the no column.

On the subject also, I see that people are saying no when they think that $$ would be better spent elsewhere. How much is tea? Ok, tea and sandwiches? It seems like a nice touch for those that would like to enjoy it, and I liked what someone esle said, about a traditaion that some would like to continue to use minus the naysayers that feel they don't like to comply to tradition. I don't see where it wouldn't be a win win situation?

I would rather see it, then "real" silver that people will clip costing the cruiselines and us more. As long as I'm not given plastic, I'm good. ;)

I can see why it wouldn't be some people's thing, and I'm not even saying I'd do it every day, but if they offered something like this, I have a feeling that plenty of people would choose to attend. It would be a very nice thing to offer. Afternoon tea is awesome. (Of course my entire family is from Scotland so I've grown up having a wee cup of tea in the afternoon; even when I was a child.)

Well either I made a mistake or have been moved. I voted yes and I'm in the no column?? It's not a big deal to me, but when I clicked on the link I couldn't find my vote? It was in the no column.

On the subject also, I see that people are saying no when they think that $$ would be better spent elsewhere. How much is tea? Ok, tea and sandwiches? It seems like a nice touch for those that would like to enjoy it, and I liked what someone esle said, about a traditaion that some would like to continue to use minus the naysayers that feel they don't like to comply to tradition. I don't see where it wouldn't be a win win situation?

I would rather see it, then "real" silver that people will clip costing the cruiselines and us more. As long as I'm not given plastic, I'm good. ;)

so now people who vote "no" in a POLL about TEA are "naysayers that feel they don't like to comply to tradition"? Really? :rolleyes: There are other points of view than yours. :rolleyes:

You can also get this every afternoon in the Diamond Lounge. Minus the higher up crew, but great crew none the less.

Only two more cruises until we can find out!!! :D

Archived