POLL~ Should RCCL offer Formal Afternoon Tea?

Would you like RCCL to offer Semi-Formal Afternoon Tea?  

278 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like RCCL to offer Semi-Formal Afternoon Tea?

From what we have seen recently on Royal Carib (wife beater shirts & other awful dress) high tea would certainly be incongruous! Elegant Tea on QM 2 was a treat but can't see it on Royal-----

I voted yes because I think it would be nice for those who like that sort of thing. But I don't think I would ever go. In the afternoon I am on a tour, a beach or by the pool sipping an alcoholic libation. Too much trouble to come back from a tour, the beach or the pool to dress up for tea. Although I do like tea.

Ann

I don't think you want "high" tea as that is pretty much another meal more like supper. Afternoon tea is the little pastries, clotted cream, etc. If I am am wrong maybe some of our CC buddies from across the pond can set me straight.

I don't think you want "high" tea as that is pretty much another meal more like supper. Afternoon tea is the little pastries, clotted cream, etc. If I am am wrong maybe some of our CC buddies from across the pond can set me straight.

Not from across the pond, but am a bit of an Anglophile. High Tea is what some Americans call supper. It's not the formality, as much as the amount of food.

Afternoon tea, or tea is what we're talking about. There are some places in the US that do a bang up tea. The Drake Hotel has a fabulous one in the Palm Court. That's in Chicago. Just heavenly!

Thanks, Nancy, I was pretty sure that was the case. A couple of the Boston hotels do spectacular teas as well. I love the food....just not crazy about tea and I feel weird asking for coffee at "TEA" !!!!

Thanks, Nancy, I was pretty sure that was the case. A couple of the Boston hotels do spectacular teas as well. I love the food....just not crazy about tea and I feel weird asking for coffee at "TEA" !!!!

You're paying, it's not out of line, no one's going to turn you into an onion. I say go for the coffee!

so now people who vote "no" in a POLL about TEA are "naysayers that feel they don't like to comply to tradition"? Really? :rolleyes: There are other points of view than yours. :rolleyes:

Wow! That was nice! I was quoting without quotes, another posters sentiments, and agreeing with them. I would go back and quote it, but I don't feel like it. Whatever...

:cool:

add a bit of class?

Yes, High Tea would be a special event. Yes, it should have a dress code.

Maybe there would be one place left on a cruise ship where the....

"It's my #*#^#^#)# cruise, I will do what I want" would not apply.

This was the sentiment I was refering too...although I didn't quote it, I thought it was a nice option for some of us....who do in fact enjoy the traditions. For what it's worth, if I came off sounding poorly I applogize.

PLEASE NO MORE FOOD!!!! I THINK THE CRUISE LINES SHOULD GET RID OF LUNCH JUST SERVE BREAKFEST AND DINNER THAT IS ENOUGH FOOD FOR ME!!

:D :cool:

EEK, EEK, EEK! I'm a hypoglcemic, just tested for diabetes. I eat like a bird (seriously, ask my table mates on the Liberty), but I eat several times during the day. Leave lunch!!!

PLEASE NO MORE FOOD!!!! I THINK THE CRUISE LINES SHOULD GET RID OF LUNCH JUST SERVE BREAKFEST AND DINNER THAT IS ENOUGH FOOD FOR ME!!

:D :cool:

Like your name..:p

RSSCapt - Thanks for clarifying your post.

I, too, enjoy many cruise "traditions" and also enjoy afternoon tea. BUT in these days of Royal Caribbean cost-cutting, I'm afraid we're going to wind up with generic hot dogs and beans for dinner one of these days....:eek: ....and so have to vote "no" to anything that might cut further into the dinner budget. I have only been cruising a few years but have seen a decline in food quality - still love RC :) just don't love their food as much!!

The Drake Hotel has a fabulous one in the Palm Court. That's in Chicago. Just heavenly!

Our Red Hat ladies' club went to the Plaza Hotel in New York City last year, before they did the renovations. It was elegant. We went for a horse & buggy ride around Central Park afterwards. :)

Well..Even tho I am a ""TEA SIPPER " read (University of Tex alum)

Don't care for hot tea...But think it would be great for those that do..I am with N....Can I have coffee? A latte??or is that to crass!!:eek:

I've switched from coffee to tea about 2 years ago and voted 'yes' for 2 reasons:

1) As a tea drinker, by having an afternoon tea, it is more likely that the selection and quality (!) of teas at other times is raised as well. One shouldn't have to pack one own's tea for a cruise (as I will on the one I have coming up).

2) Since RCCL already apparently has all the food end of it basically covered according to posts, it's only the addition of some specialty things and the shifting of a few crew members to provide yet another experience to cruisers. I normally hang out more on the Princess boards where the subject pops up from time to time and generally, people really like it. Nice change of pace in a high frenzied activities oriented line.

Nice change of pace in a high frenzied activities oriented line.

Even though I'm too old to climb the wall or skate, I do love Royal Caribbean and I enjoy seeing the younger pax having a great time. I would enjoy the afternoon tea though.

Not from across the pond, but am a bit of an Anglophile. High Tea is what some Americans call supper. It's not the formality, as much as the amount of food.

Afternoon tea, or tea is what we're talking about. There are some places in the US that do a bang up tea. The Drake Hotel has a fabulous one in the Palm Court. That's in Chicago. Just heavenly!

Over here in Scotland High Tea is an early Dinner with less fancy items on the menu, but afternoon tea? now a lot of visitors from all over the world love their afternoon tea. On a beautiful day it is hard to get a table when a hotel serves scones with clotted cream and home made jam. I think also on a cruise ship when still so many people enjoy elegance guests would definately partake in afternoon tea if provided. At 4 o'cklock nearly everyday we are always go to the Cafe Promenade before we retire to our cabin, and as we always take late dinner my wife has to have her chocolate cake and I my slice of pizza. I personally prefer this because this is less formal, but I can appreciate that people would like to dress and I may want to partake in the more formal affair perhaps one or two days depending on the length oof the cruise. I also like the idea that was mentioned regarding champagne, but I think that should be kept for the Champagne bar and if guests wanted to take this refreshment they could take it there.

Over here in Scotland On a beautiful day it is hard to get a table when a hotel serves scones with clotted cream and home made jam. .

Yes Broch, Here in our area of the States afternoon tea has become popular and we are experiencing the same thing.

Archived