POLL~ Should RCCL offer Formal Afternoon Tea?

Would you like RCCL to offer Semi-Formal Afternoon Tea?  

278 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like RCCL to offer Semi-Formal Afternoon Tea?

Please cast your vote regarding whether you would like RCI to offer Afternoon Tea aboard their ships.

It is served mid-afternoon in a semi-formal setting (most probably one of the lounges). Elegant pastries and small sandwiches, as well as fresh warm scones with clotted cream are served by waiters who also pour the teas of your choice.

Soft music is played while you relax and enjoy quiet conversations.

While I'm sure it would be lovely, I just can't see needing any more FOOD in the afternoon! We were on X this spring and they offered sandwiches, sweets, etc., as a "tea" in the afternoon. It was wasted on me because I was never hungry in the afternoon.

I guess I'd rather see the money for tea service spent on lunches & dinners.

Bring back the more elegant dinners, with real silverware instead of stainless! Molded butter pats on ice! Better selections of veggies (not that mixed, steamed crap you get at Chili's or Ruby Tuesdays!) And what happened to the artfully plated desserts?????? I'd rather have the above than tea and clotted cream!

Many years ago my in-laws visited England and came home hooked on afternoon tea. They make a try of cookies and tea every afternoon and would just love to see this on our cruise. :)

That is absolutely not my thing. I imagine a bunch of little old ladies when I think of an "afternoon tea!" I agree with cb at sea--I'd rather have a more elegant dinner than an afternoon tea. I love getting dressed up for dinner, but I want to relax during the day, and there are already plenty of snacks elsewhere.

BTW- What is clotted cream? It sounds like someone left it out of the refrigerator too long! :eek:

We made our own afternoon tea on our Alaska cruise. It was cold, so we went to the Windjammer every afternoon and had hot tea and cookies. :)

On the Grand Princess, they had afternoon tea. My mom, our friend and I went and had a really good time. It was in the dining room and the waiters were all dressed in their tuxes. They had wonderful little sandwiches and pastries. Really good! But it wasn't very formal. Most everybody (including us) had very casual beach wear on.

I love tea and drink it almost every afternoon in the winter. Too hot here in the summer for hot tea.

Not my thing--don't like any kind of tea--however I think the more variety the better! I would probably try it too. They should offer whatever makes their guests happy.

YES, YES, YES!!! BRING ON THE TEA!!!

Yes please!!!

Afternoon tea is perfect for people who have late seating dinner. Simple but fine sandwiches, little cakes and cookies, scones and clotted cream; tea and coffee; some fine music; a beautiful view.

It doesn't need to be half the dining room and dozens of staff---maybe a few tables up on the Viking Crown Lounge deck.

Leslie

add a bit of class?

Yes, High Tea would be a special event. Yes, it should have a dress code.

Maybe there would be one place left on a cruise ship where the....

"It's my #*#^#^#)# cruise, I will do what I want" would not apply.

Seems like I've probably finally secured a chair by the pool and settled in at that time but.......

I love the idea. I am a tradionalist and hope the cruise lines try to preserve as many of the old traditions as possible.

I think the "dress" is so much a part of the ambiance of the cruise.

Also what better way to unwind after a busy day to prepare for the evening than soft music, tea and pastries....and of couse fellowship!

You got my vote

I voted for High Tea for the elegance and the ambiance. Now I must confess that I hate tea. Maybe they could serve coffee too. Or, even better, champagne or wine.

Yes, we should dress for this.

:rolleyes:

I'm w/those who do not wish to stop everything & get dressed for a tea party. It's interesting that this group has voted 60% for it already so if that many want it then why not? Another activity that's not mandatory.

I voted for High Tea for the elegance and the ambiance. Now I must confess that I hate tea. Maybe they could serve coffee too. Or, even better, champagne or wine.

Yes, we should dress for this.

:rolleyes:

Most teas I have attended have included a glass of wine or champagne. (Even at the Grand Floridian!)

I think on a cruise there would be an additional charge for the wine or champagne...

Safe Travels,

Sam :D

Archived