Free Air-J C Penney

RogerandChris

Penny's is having a deal. Buy $125 of dockers and get a free round trip airfare to Miami and a few other cities.

It looks legit and you'd probably want a long lead time to make sure you got your ticket but look on Pennys webpage for details. It will save me $350 on a Dec 2007 flight!:D

I was in JcPenney today and got this info about the promotion. There is alot of terms and conditions for this.

Terms and Conditions

Qualifying Purchases: Purchase $125 or more of men’s Dockers® apparel and/or accessories only (does not apply to women’s apparel, eyewear or luggage) (“Qualifying Purchases”) (pre-tax amount after application of all discounts, if any). Retain the ORIGINAL sales receipt or on-line receipt with order number and circle the eligible items.

Timing: Offer is valid for Qualifying Purchases made only in JCPenney stores and on jcpenney.com from 6/3/07 to 6/09/07.

Eligibility: Must be 18 years of age and a legal resident of the 50 United States or District of Columbia only. Void where prohibited. Offer is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.

Redemption Process:

A. Obtain a JCPenney’s Round Trip Flight Voucher Promotion 2007 redemption form (“Form”) at participating JCPenney’s stores or click here to download. Originals or copies of the Form are accepted.

B. Complete and mail the Form in an envelope, along with your ORIGINAL sales receipt with the Qualifying Purchases circled, as described above to TLC Marketing, c/o Dockers®/JCPenney, 1 Faneuil Hall Marketplace, 4th Floor, Boston MA 02109. Submission must be postmarked on or before 7/09/07. LIMIT: one (1) travel voucher per customer and two (2) travel vouchers per household, address, or e-mail address.

C. Each person making a voucher request must make a separate $125 qualifying purchase. Although each voucher is available for only one (1) free flight booking, TLC Marketing can book arrangements for guests traveling with the voucher holder, subject to availability and at that traveling guest’s expense. Requests from P.O. boxes, dealers, businesses, groups or organizations will not be honored or acknowledged.

D. Upon receipt and verification by TLC Marketing of the request, TLC Marketing will send the verified participant a Dockers® Free Flight Voucher and Booking Form (“Booking Form”). Allow 6-8 weeks for shipment of travel voucher and Booking Form.

E. Complete the Booking Form, including your selection of departure city and three different destination and date preferences, and return it to TLC Marketing at the address provided with the Booking Form. Photocopies and reproductions not accepted.

F. Within 10-14 days of receipt of the completed Booking Form, TLC Marketing will contact the participant to confirm travel itinerary. Additional passengers may be booked at this time through TLC Marketing if requested. Participant must book flight at least 30 days in advance of travel.

Free Round Trip Airline Ticket: Upon confirmation of reservation, TLC Marketing will send participant an e-Ticket and itinerary or, if participant chooses, a paper ticket and itinerary. Travel under this program is ONLY from one of the designated US airports to one of the following destinations in the continental US: Boston, New York City, Washington D.C., Miami, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Chicago, Orlando, or Dallas. Visit http://www.dockersfreeflight.com for a listing of available departure airports. If internet access is unavailable please call the Dockers® Concierge at 866-377-4084 Monday through Friday 8:30AM to 8:30PM EST. The departure airport and destination will determine the airline used, and is selected by TLC Marketing at its discretion. Participants may not receive frequent flier miles for their travel. Airport taxes and fees, passenger service charges and airline failure insurance are not covered by the voucher and, where applicable, must be paid upon confirmation of reservation by credit card. Other forms of payment may be permissible at the discretion of TLC Marketing. The free flight voucher is valid until 7/31/08 all free flights must be booked prior to that date.

Other Restrictions and Limitations on Travel and Travel Voucher Offer:

A. The free flight voucher is transferable upon issuance of the voucher and only until TLC Marketing receives the participant’s booking request. Once participant has made a booking request, no transfer is possible. This offer is not available for sale, resale, and is not redeemable for cash.

B. All reservations must be made through TLC Marketing and are subject to availability. Airline participation varies from market to market, so selection of the airline is at the discretion of TLC Marketing, based on availability, departure airport and destination. Sponsor and TLC Marketing do not guarantee that your first itinerary choice will be available.

C. No cancellations or amendments are possible after confirmation of your booking, unless permitted by airline. Airlines impose fees to all changes on all tickets after they have been issued. All such fees, if applicable, are participant’s responsibility.

D. This offer may not be used in conjunction with any other discount or program, and frequent flier mileage accrual may not be applicable.

Release: Sponsor, TLC Marketing and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries or advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) are not responsible for any alterations to flight schedules, routes and destinations and reserve the right to use alternative suppliers. Released Parties reserve the right to withdraw this offer without notice in the event of war, earthquake, catastrophe, strikes or similar event. TLC Marketing may substitute another reward of equal or greater value if promotional availability runs out. Released Parties are not responsible, financially or otherwise, and are not liable for any personal loss, property loss, injury or claims arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in this offer or the use or misuse of the Free Round-trip Ticket (including any travel related thereto). Released Parties are also not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, misdirected, undelivered or garbled submissions or replies; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with this offer, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the offer, the availability of the offer, the processing of online booking forms, or in any offer-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the offer. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants' or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this offer or downloading materials from or use of the website. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the offer or the website or who are in violation of these terms and conditions, as solely determined by Sponsor or its designated agent, will be disqualified and the travel voucher associated with such person will be void.

Disputes: Participant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this offer, or any travel provided, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Northern District of California or the appropriate California State Court located in San Francisco County, California; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this offer but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules of provisions (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.

Administrator: This offer is administered by TLC Marketing located at 1 Faneuil Hall Marketplace, 4th Floor, Boston, MA 02109. All correspondence regarding travel matters should be directed to TLC Marketing's toll-free number at 866-377-4084 between 8:30 AM EST and 8:30 PM EST Monday through Friday.

Sponsor: LEVI STRAUSS & CO., 1155 Battery St., San Francisco, CA 94111.

thanks for posting this.

there are A LOT of conditions, though. read them carefully. the biggest 'got ya' i saw was you has to request 3 different dates and they get to pick which one you get. there was also a clause about you having to pay taxes and fees.

But my airport is covered along with a lot of others. The submission time is pretty short. It takes 6 weeks to get your voucher. You could get a useless date ( 2 out of 3 of mine are going to be the day before and day of ). I'm betting there is a $29.95 processing fee. BUT, the clothes are worth something and my flight is $350 through expedia.

Everything is based on TLC's availability -- meaning if there is availability for the bulk-rate tickets they have made arrangements for. I see nothing to discuss what happens if there is no availability for the dates you choose - does it just go poof into smoke? You cannot make any changes, you are responsible for taxes and fees, and once you send in your request, you can no longer transfer the cert to anyone else. They get to select the airline, routing, and time of day.

Possibly OK for retirees who have flexibility in booking a jaunt off to somewhere, but not good for trying to meet up with a cruise. I think I'll pass.

As the old saying goes--if it's too good to be true, it likely isn't.

Quote: TLC Marketing may substitute another reward of equal or greater value if promotional availability runs out. Unquote.

Being retired, I may take advantage of this.

Atleast someone was paying attention and wasnt blinded by the too good to be true thing to actually take the time to look into it a little more. :D

This promotion may not work for everyone, but Pennys is trying to sell shoes, not give away the store.

What may not work for some may work for others, which is the case for you H. I say go for it.

Even if you hadnt planned a trip to one of the listed cities, now is your chance to do so.

Never mind the nay sayers. Enjoy yourself!

Ron. Well, the sustitute reward that is equal or greater than the airfare is definitely worth something good. Thinking of San Francisco, Miami (for a last minute cruise) or Vegas.

Ron. Well, the sustitute reward that is equal or greater than the airfare is definitely worth something good. Thinking of San Francisco, Miami (for a last minute cruise) or Vegas.

I do like South Florida myself. SF is on a maybe list.

At any rate take lots of pictures to share when you get back!

Quote: TLC Marketing may substitute another reward of equal or greater value if promotional availability runs out. Unquote.

If there is anything that says you have to get an airplane ticket in this, let me know. It says another "reward". Nowhere in the T&C is the word "reward" used for anything other than that sentence - so there is no contextual reference that might legally be used. That reward might be a hotel voucher for some far-away place (TLC does lots of lodging promotions without air) -- and if TLC gets to determine the "value", it could easily be of greater value. Similarly, it could be non-travel related merchandise, again with an inflated value.

TLC appears to be a reputable company, at least from their client list. I am not saying that is something that WILL happen - personally, I hope that everyone gets exactly what they ask for. Just so that everyone is alert to the possibilities.

• 4 months later...

I got a call from TLC. They were behind because of demand but I got my flight. I originally asked for NYC in Dec 2008. They screwed up and booked it JetBlue in 2007 by mistake. I called and left a message and within 5 minutes I got a call back. They could not book out to Dec 2008 now but said I could call back. Thinking that might screw things up to wait 5 months to call back & re-book I picked April 5th thru 10th in NYC via Delta.

I got a confirmation e-mail so at least sometimes these things work!:D

Archived