HAL Eurodam Transatlantic August 14, 2008

MarylandBob

I am edu-sense's partner. I just thought I would drop in and say hello!

The time seems to be going so fast now and we can't wait!

Nice to see a member of the HAL team posting. I hope you have some good shows lined up for us Sakes-dad.

Do they do backstage tours on HAL? I used to be quite into my amdram so it would be interesting for me.

Roll on the 14th August!!!

Hey Guys,

I've set up a Cruise Critic Meet and Greet through the Eurodam events coordinator. The M&G will be held in the Piano Bar at 5:00 p.m. on 8/15. It has been advertised on the main thread for a while. Hope to see all of you there. As Howard suggests, we should set up a meeting for the "Dorothys" as well. Jerry and I always like the Martini Bar near the front desk. It's a nice little hideaway. I'm sure there will be a similar bar on this ship since its layout is very similar to the Vista class ships. We'll also be hosting something in our room during the cruise. We'll let you know on board.

Enjoy the holiday!

Best regards,

Robert and Jerry

Hi all. My partner Tom and I have been on the Eurodam roll call for this sailing and I forgot to come over to the "right" roll call! We are looking forward to meeting all of you. Thanks, Robert, for all you have done with the CC group. Besides the M&G and hope they will have a FOD as well. See you soon. Les

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

Just a reminder that a Meet and Greet has been set up on August 15 at 5:00 p.m. in the Piano Bar. I hope everyone will be there. Can't believe it's under a month to go:p

Regards,

Robert and Jerry

Hi guys,

Just a short note regarding tours. Since we are 5 people we are planning private tours for the "group". We have everything booked already. Oslo, on our own. There is a ferry from where we dock that goes to the little museum island which houses the old ships. Then we're off to the scuplture garden as that looks very intersting, then a walk down the main shopping street and back to ship. Stavenger, we booked one of the cruises that goes to the main tourist sights on our own. I understand that on the main thread there is a large group of CCers going on one of those too. Bergen on our own, we plan to take the cable car up to the top of the mountain and the station for it is right by the ship. Then a wealk around the old town and back, Faroe, have been there, nothing much to do. Just a wlk around. Iceland, we have joined a CC tour group that is around 45 people now for a 6 hour "Golden Circle" tour. Ste. Pierre, can't even find anything. Their own tourist dept doesn't even show much to do. Birdwatching is about it. St. Johns, have booked private tour and plan on doing "Peggys Cove" and general touring. Sydney, booked a rental car and am planning a circle of the "Cabot Trail". Halifax, maybe this is the one for "Peggys Cove". I am soo confused.

Hope all are doing ok and are all set for this magical cruise. Maiden voyages are the best. Well, it's a maiden trans-atlantic.

TTFN

Howard

We booked this trip last August so it is hard to believe it is finally happening. Now that we have to start thinking about packing, reality sets in. As we are going to a wedding in Los Angeles before the cruise and then coming to Copenhagen via Dublin, we will most likely end up paying for baggage because we have an inter-European flight that only allows one bag. Oh well, that is just the cost of traveling these days. Today we booked a table at Tamarind for two different nights and ordered champagne and liquor for our cabin!

Howard, your plans sound great. We are going to participate in the Stavenger and Reykjavik tours organized by our fellow CC'rs. We have been to the other ports so we will just play it by ear. Peggy's Cove is amazing, so don't miss it. We may go again.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Les

Sorry guys! I quit the Eurodam and HAL (long unhappy story:mad:) and won't be there. But I'm sure you'll have a great time. If ever in Vegas be sure to look me up! And enjoy the shows, they really are very good! I know, I put them in!:D

Nathan

• 4 weeks later...

Andy, Karl,

Great meeting you both. How was your shopping spree in NYC? I hope you took advantage of our weak dollar and pumped some money into our sagging economy!

Our next transatlantic is on Oosterdam, 10/17/2009. Maybe we'll see you on the ship. Otherwise, perhaps we'll see you in England for the 2012 Olympics.

Cheers,

Robert and Jerry

• 2 weeks later...

Archived