Muster Drill Photo's

Sounds complete chaos.

I'm used to sitting in the restaurant, lifejacket on the table, listening to the Master on the bridge, clearly audible, and then having a demonstration on putting the lifejacket on.

Do it for yourself, watched by crew all over the place. Then take it off, and you're released.

No photography, save once on one trip for a group of morons. If people want pictures of themselves looking daft, then there are plenty of other places to do it.

Matthew

hhhmmm... sounds like you wouldn't appreciate the video I took of the drill then :eek:

... and YES... I DID pay attention! :rolleyes:

Muster drill photo anyone??

2904404730046215528S500x500Q85.jpg

I'm amazed at the stupidity of some posters on this thread. Don't you realise what muster drill is for?

I have no objection whatsoever to a photo in a lifejacket before or after muster drill, but the muster drill is a serious exercise, and not an opportunity to play the fool.

1500 died on the Titanic. Whilst the lack of muster drill wasn't the cause of the accident, it was that accident that causes us to have to do these things.

Take it seriously - your life might depend on it.

And, for what it is worth, this behaviour isn't found on Cunarders. Thank heavens.

Matthew

Matthew,

I do think people take the muster drill seriously. I don't think these people are taking the pictures DURING the muster drill but before and after on their way to their muster station. I'd be afraid of someone saying something to me if I took a picture while the muster drill was going on.

Great picture mohavemommy!!

Thanks! :D How about another one for today.

Notice the lady in front of me with the drink menu in her hand! In my opinion this is a reason why muster drills shouldn't be held in lounges or restaurants. How much help would it be to you in a real emergency if you don't even know what your lifeboat looks like! ;) The lounge here held 4 muster stations worth of people. Notice the windows on the far side of the picture. There people who are standing outside at their stations during the drill.

2131832690046215528S600x600Q85.jpg

On a related topic,

does anyone have any mustard & dill photos?

That'll require your starting another thread for that related matter.

Please don't mix your condiments,

this is a serious discussion.

My husband and son on the Mercury last summer. I asked my son to look frightened; not sure that he does... We were on our way to our muster station, where we stood very seriously at attention and memorized every word of instruction from our crew person on what to do in case of an actual shipboard emergency! ;)

92531621-S.jpg

My brother-in-laws and sister-in-law before their first muster drill and after. "This cruise is supposed to be fun? When does that start?" :)

Enjoy,

Randall

P.S. they made up for being bored during the rest of the cruise :p

before.jpg.c52b3ba3c2989c0f0341d9f87c1bd461.jpg

after.jpg.434f71407a660bb9c64ffa8c00dbb023.jpg

Okay, I started this post and it was suppose to be fun. I've been on 3 cruises, but only took pictures at the muster drill on the last one - and being it was just me and my friend on the cruise and obviously neither one of us is holding the camera - who do you think is? One of the crew who was organizing the muster drill.

I'll also have to admit that I am certainly glad that Matthew and I will probably never sail on the same ships. This is suppose to be a fun post - with mostly goofy pictures (taking photo's dressed in life vests are not actually the most flattering)

Please keep posting your photo's and ignore the boring obnoxious rude intruders (who are so offended but keep visiting this post). I'll be posting a new one as soon as I return from next cruise in September.

Okay, I started this post and it was suppose to be fun. I've been on 3 cruises, but only took pictures at the muster drill on the last one - and being it was just me and my friend on the cruise and obviously neither one of us is holding the camera - who do you think is? One of the crew who was organizing the muster drill.

I'll also have to admit that I am certainly glad that Matthew and I will probably never sail on the same ships. This is suppose to be a fun post - with mostly goofy pictures (taking photo's dressed in life vests are not actually the most flattering)

Please keep posting your photo's and ignore the boring obnoxious rude intruders (who are so offended but keep visiting this post). I'll be posting a new one as soon as I return from next cruise in September.

Hi,

Hope my pictures were found amusing. I posted them on the premise it was funny. :)

Randall

Me and hubby during drill.

I don't know the lady in the other pic, but she seemed to have a bit of trouble with her life jacket. The Carnival Crew was trying to help.

21.jpg.0bbc27dce4eb81af26d0a976c39250e4.jpg

23.jpg.0e128f068c7253335b3cf9d64bda029d.jpg

Can anyone explain why some ships organize muster drills by bra size?

medium.jpg

Just curious...

If they did it by bra size the ship would be leaning to the biggest bra side.:eek:

And...many of those wouldn't even NEED the vest with all the silicone they have.:D

Wow!

Back on topic:

Can anyone explain why some ships organize muster drills by bra size?

medium.jpg

Just curious...

Dave

And somewhat closely related, years ago the life vest was often referred to as a "Mae West".

God some people are total tossers (e.g. the 'take it seriously' issue). Frankly, I take it so seriously that I am quite certain in an emergency every single thing taught to anyone would be instantly forgotten in mad self-centred panic. Does anyone honestly think that people would make their orderly way back to their cabins, pick up their life jackets and then proceed to an INSIDE waiting place and wait for a crew member to tell them what to do? You only have to watch people fighting to get into the buffet :p , or to get off during debarkation to imagine what they would be like if their lives really did depend on it.

Archived