Muster Drill Photo's

• 4 weeks later...

This one was just taken on June 24, 2007 on the Freedom of the Seas. I was taking a picture of the boat that had sprung a leak in the harbor. It was not until I viewed the picture later that night that I realized I had the full attention of one of the passengers ...

IMG_1656.jpg

I'm amazed at the stupidity of some posters on this thread. Don't you realise what muster drill is for?

I have no objection whatsoever to a photo in a lifejacket before or after muster drill, but the muster drill is a serious exercise, and not an opportunity to play the fool.

1500 died on the Titanic. Whilst the lack of muster drill wasn't the cause of the accident, it was that accident that causes us to have to do these things.

Take it seriously - your life might depend on it.

And, for what it is worth, this behaviour isn't found on Cunarders. Thank heavens.

Matthew

I'm amazed at the stupidity of some posters on this thread. Don't you realise what muster drill is for?

I have no objection whatsoever to a photo in a lifejacket before or after muster drill, but the muster drill is a serious exercise, and not an opportunity to play the fool.

1500 died on the Titanic. Whilst the lack of muster drill wasn't the cause of the accident, it was that accident that causes us to have to do these things.

And, for what it is worth, this behaviour isn't found on Cunarders. Thank heavens.

Matthew

You are judging people based on a photograph?

Matthew

Good grief! Lighten up a little bit! :rolleyes:

I dont think anyone on here takes the muster drill lightly.

Too, you have plenty of time to snap some pictures while everyone is still packing in before instructions begin.

Let's put some fun back in this thread.

Here's a photo.

Fun? It's not supposed to be fun...

Oh, and how many people do you think have blown that whistle before you?

No wonder Norvo virus has such an easy trip around cruise ships.

Matthew

Fun? It's not supposed to be fun...

Oh, and how many people do you think have blown that whistle before you?

No wonder Norvo virus has such an easy trip around cruise ships.

Matthew

Don't let this so-called "kindly chap" rain on your parade. Read some of his other posts, he is obviously a troll who gets a kick out of mocking others. Probably has very small naughty bits:D .

It would never occur to me to use the one serious activity on a ship as a photo op. Everyone who takes pics, goofs, laughs, cracks jokes,etc during the drill makes it a little harder for the rest of us to focus on the drill and / or hear the instructions. Before or after? Knock yourself out.

These are the same pax who, in the event of a real emergency,will run, push, shove, go to the wrong station, etc., because they were too busy using the drill as another shipboard social event. Hope you stay far away from me on your next cruise, Einsteins.

Don't let this so-called "kindly chap" rain on your parade. Read some of his other posts, he is obviously a troll who gets a kick out of mocking others. Probably has very small naughty bits:D .

I'm completely serious. Yes, occasionally I post things that might be seen as inflamatory - but I'm not the only one.

These posts are not examples of that. I was truly horrified to see the crass display of idiocy in this thread.

Matthew

Archived