Help Me Understand Princess Air

janetz

Your suggestion of flying on our own to the west coast' date=' then arrange the air to/from there is an excellent suggestion. One question - when you suggest that I pay the $75 deviation fee, does that mean that I get to pick the flight that I want, but at Princess prices? I'm not sure how that part works.[/quote']

Yes if you pay for the deviation, then you can choose your own flights. If there is a difference in airfare from what Princess would normally charge, they you must pay it too. For example (and these numbers are completely made up), if Princess Air is originally $1000 and the flights you select are $1050, you are on the hook for the additional $50 (plus the deviation fee). It's all a balancing act between the original Princess Air fare, the "deviated" (or is that deviant? :rolleyes: ) fare and what you can get on your own. I've been through it a few times now and I'm never sure how it's going to end up when I go into the process. Again, I do it well in advance so I can cross it off my "to do" list and not have to worry about it. Since your cruise isn't until September 2008, you have quite a bit of time. I don't know how far in advance Air Tahiti Nui puts out their schedules, but I'd certainly be looking at them. I've never flown them, just heard good things about them.

If I understand correctly;

1. You find out what Princess is charging for your air separately (referring to a package our TA is charging for our 34 day hotel stay & cruise April/08 out of Sydney).

2. Pick your own flights and times now, and book them and pay the $150.00 defiation fee (for 2) and any additional air costs to Princess.

3. The transfers from the airport to hotel to port to airport are not included if air arrangements are done on your own.

This Hotel/Cruise package will be costing enough, I think we can put up with a few little inconveniences and departure lounges. :rolleyes: Think of this as part of the adventure.!!!

Snowbird

Archived