What shouldn't we miss on QE2?

Norfolk Brit

Are there occasional opportunities to sit during Thomas' tour?

Karie - Whatever you do see as much of the tour as possible. It starts at the Midships Lobby for the introductory talk, where you can sit if you get there early enough, but then the tour is mainly moving about the ship with only brief pauses. I would think that it would be feasible to do the tour and use the lifts as most people will use the stairs.

I'd follow Matthew's suggestion and have a word with him as soon as you can. He is very helpful and will do everything he can to ensure you enjoy his tour:)

One little question (first of thousands, no doubt) - have I imagined that I read this, or are the aft cabins affected by engine noise?

Yes on deck five. By the time you get up as far as deck 3 you'll not notice any noise. If you get one of the extreme rear C1s then you might feel the motion more than you would expect but I don't think that it would be intolerable.

Hmm, what bars am I near. No Commodore club so that part doesn't matter!

You're below the Yacht Club (four decks below so at least you shouldn't hear it:eek: ). Don't try that and think that the whole ship is like that, with the exception of the Golden Lion all the other bars are vastly superior.

I am hoping to find a floor plan with the furniture layout

See the attached:) It's not that clear (my plans aren't as good as the ones that Myles' has) but should give you an idea. As you come into 3167 you've got your bathroom on the right and the beds on the left. There are some wardrobes on a short corridor leading to a small sitting area and dressing table in front of the port hole.

1928397724_Deck3.jpg.37b138ec98b8753d0b023af96c1b2482.jpg

Hi, you may regret this post.......;)

haha well i always seem to find someone who is goin on holiday the same time as me. it must be built into me when i book these things.

and i'm sure you're not that weird.

what class are you in? i'm in mauretania on deck 5 (yes i know, almost low enough to be with the staff) haha.

i'm sure you're not that weird.

Princess - you have great confidence. Look at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=518218 (although I wouldn't recommend reading through to page 83 unless you've got more time on your hands than you know what to do with!). I'm sure that there are a lot of people on this board who would agree with me in saying that Mary is a very odd sort:D (In particular watch out for her cat)

Princess - you have great confidence. Look at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=518218 (although I wouldn't recommend reading through to page 83 unless you've got more time on your hands than you know what to do with!). I'm sure that there are a lot of people on this board who would agree with me in saying that Mary is a very odd sort:D (In particular watch out for her cat)

firstly, thanks for your compliment. secondly, i'm not entirely sure what that link was supposed to be for.:confused: i checked it out and, um, i'm still none the wiser about its significance....

No loss ... I've tried it, remember :rolleyes:

Best place for a sailaway on the QE2 ..... the terminal ;)

As ever, ready to rise to the bait

Ken

Now listen here, Ken C.

Stop being a naughty boy or I'll come down to that hotel of yours in Brighton and give you a smacked bottom.

i'm not entirely sure what that link was supposed to be for.:confused:

Sorry, my fault:o That was the thread that first got us talking in an odd way. It was the thread that introduced the stuffed orange cat, the braided arm hair and thongs on a formal night amongst other things. Unless you'd followed the entire thread I should have realised that it wouldn't have made any sense!

Now listen here, Ken C.

Stop being a naughty boy or I'll come down to that hotel of yours in Brighton and give you a smacked bottom.

Hi TJL .... think you've got me mixed up with Myles - I'm not into CP :eek:

Ken ;)

who can't understand why QE2 buffs take criticism to heart so :rolleyes:

It was the thread that introduced the stuffed orange cat, the braided arm hair and thongs on a formal night amongst other things. Unless you'd followed the entire thread I should have realised that it wouldn't have made any sense!

Quite honestly Malcolm, the thread makes no sense even if you've followed the thing in its entirety. But it's been enjoyable confusion:)

Archived