Travel Irons

suzy5565

The restrictions against irons have nothing to do with how hot the iron plate itself gets. All irons (travel or normal sizes) are fire hazards because of how much power they draw from the outlet. So please, please do not bring an iron! I've had an iron spark on me before due to a poor electrical outlet... I'm not saying that cruise ships have poor wiring, but you never know what might happen.

The restrictions against irons have nothing to do with how hot the iron plate itself gets. All irons (travel or normal sizes) are fire hazards because of how much power they draw from the outlet. So please, please do not bring an iron! I've had an iron spark on me before due to a poor electrical outlet... I'm not saying that cruise ships have poor wiring, but you never know what might happen.

That may be true, but if it is then all the ladies who bring their ultra-powerful hair dryers because the ones on the ship are, well, weeny, are guilty of causing the same fire hazard. Some of those blow dryers draw much more power than a tiny travel iron.

I'm not saying bring an iron; of course I'm not. I am saying that this specific reasoning makes no sense. If this is the reason, then high-wattage blow dryers should be banned and confiscated just like travel irons are.

beachchick

I live in florida and there was a major cruise ship fire in the past few years you should have seen the pictures, this wasn't caused as I remmber by a iron however I would not want to be responsible for the cause of one, especially after seeing how damaged the ship was... truely remarkable..

Did they add this rule recently? I called Norwegian Cruise Lines Customer Service and they told me to bring my own. Then Travelocity replys to my email saying absolutley not. I am soooooooooo confused....

They even stated that there are free ones that can be checked out on board. I was hoping somebody can confirm this for the Norwegian Sun, since I don't want to be caught without an iron when I need it.

Even at home to get out wrinkles I use a spray called Wrinkle Release. I buy a local store brand, but I think it is Febreze that makes it. It can be found in most grocery stores or Walmart type stores.

Just look for Wrinkle Releaser. Just follow the directions. It works great and certainly is not a hazard. Just make sure you pack it in the luggage that you'll be checking in since you can't take spray bottles in your carryon.

I have a small travel steamer that IS allowed and have brought it on our last three cruises. BUT have nOT ONCE used it! I also bring the Febreeze spray and that does the trick well enough for us!!

Archived