Car rental return in Whittier

Lisa Waverley

Good news and bad news. I just booked an intermediate car from Avis, Whittier, returning to Anchorage the next day. Check Avis' web site. Whittier became available today. The bad news, expensive. Unfortunately, we are being charged for two days because we don't have to be in Anchorage until 6:00p.m. the next day (though I'm happy to be in Alaska another day). We are being charged a one way fee,($125 extra) so our total will be about $310 for a day and a half. Maybe, I should find another couple, get a full size car, and share the expense. Princess Sun July 26th.

I just reserved a full-size car in Whittier, returning it to Anchorage Intl Airport. It was a bit pricey, but there isn't much choice. I was happy that I was able to rent a car!

You have to keep in mind also, that if you take the cruise ship transfer, you will get to the Anchorage airport around noon. Most flights don't leave until late evening. With a rental you can at least explore Anchorage instead of wasting time in the airport.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mia:

if you take the cruise ship transfer, you will get to the Anchorage airport around noon.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Noon?? I believe it is about an hour's drive, so does that mean the passengers hang around the ship until 10:30?

If you have a late flight, you can get the cruise lines to take you to the Egan Center downtown instead. Spend some time then shuttle or taxi to the airport later in the day

Alaska via Spirit 6/2/04

Another way to use your time would be to stay in Whittier for a 26 glacier cruise or some other boat tour for the day and then take some other transport to Anchorage later (private or train?).

• 4 weeks later...
There is Taxi service to/from Whittier,Anch,Seward,Kenai ect.PJS Taxi out of Seward will drive anywhere.A very good option to consider for reasonable, personalized service. $200 Whittier-Seward...$250 Seward-Anch. 7 passenger vans. (907)224-5555 available 24/7

Archived