Finally decided! Land of Fire & Ice

FromHereToThere

Alright! I've decided that attempting to get on one of QE2's final voyages is not going to be within my range. So I've decided that I shall sail her Land of Fire & Ice in the summer of 2008. If any one can give me any insight to this expedition as well into single cabins it would be much appreciated.

We did this cruise last year, and I am thinking of doing it again. Did you book a single cabin? I would be after a single, but only a Mauretania inside. Do you know if there are there many inside cabins left?

I haven't checked at this time. But Im im planning it in the middle of my backpack/rail trip of Europe. Right now I'm hoping to get my deposit on the lowest cabin I can find and work from there. So I'm more worried about having the bragging rights of having sailed QE2, than the cost, lol.

We booked on that cruise when it first went on sail in April, having no idea that it would be our last QE2 voyage, of course, but simply wanting to visit Iceland. In fact, I think it will be pretty emotional as it looks as if it will be QE2's last call at the ports concerned, some of which she has visited for many years. I am sorry - I have nothing useful to say about single cabins.

Alright! I've decided that attempting to get on one of QE2's final voyages is not going to be within my range. So I've decided that I shall sail her Land of Fire & Ice in the summer of 2008. If any one can give me any insight to this expedition as well into single cabins it would be much appreciated.

Hi there FromHereToThere

We did the similar "QE2 Glaciers & Geysers" last year see http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/pic77/qe2_jul06/index.htm pictures and details.

QE2 is a fantastic way to travel and she shows her effortless ability to cover miles on the way up to Iceland.

To see iceland, do an organised tour, for other ports I'd say make your own way.

I can say as much as others about single cabins, I have only ever stayed in one. They are quite small but at the same time well laid out and large enough for the basics. There are not many single cabins and they sell out early so you may be looking at paying single occupancy of 175% on a twin. Your agent will be able to tell you availability.

• 1 month later...

We just booked C5 on this cruise, my first cruise ever. I lived in Southampton until the age of 27 and always wanted to sail in and out of my home port on the QE2, coupled with a desire to visit Iceland that makes this an ideal choice for us.

We found the cabin information on the following site very valuable, as it provides square footage information:

http://www.deluxecruises.com/cunard/cunard_information/qe2_deck_plans_and_categories_queens_grill.htm

We used Cruise Compete to request bids for our booking, and then selected one of the participating agents. We had no trouble getting the cabin we wanted and saved 17% over the published "Early Savings" fares for three of us. The booking process involved a long wait on the phone, but we have a confirmed reservation with Cunard and are pleased with the outcome.

Kevin

Hi,

I am on this Cruise, i was on the nearly identical one this year "Voyage of the Vikings" (June 10th- 24th) It was the best Cruise i have ever been on, for several reasons. The weather was beautiful, the scenery was stunning, my favourite stop was Geiranger in Norway, it was breathtaking. I didn`t take any excursions this time, i explored locally, but next time i will ,especialy in Iceland, where there is a Maiden Call. Also on this Cruise they announced the Sale of "QE2" (i nearly fell out of my bed) and i was invited to Captain McNaughts quarters for a cocktail party.

As always i had an MI Single which was around 90 sq ft, which i find acceptable as i only realy sleep in it.

Believe me we are going to have a wonderful time, :D Look foward to speaking to you more and meeting you onboard.(Hopefully)

regards,

Gavin :cool:

A maiden call, all those final calls, and lots and lots of wonderful scenery. I am excited about it already. I think it is 49 weeks yesterday.:D

Hi,

We will have to start a Roll Call soon ! :D

Is Bournemouth as sunny as Wimborne at the moment ? :mad:

regards,

Amazingly, at this moment, the sun is out - at least I think that is what it is. It is hard to remember. But there seems to be a gale blowing. Luckily, we have just had two hot and sunny weeks in the Med on QE2. :)

Right im going to get my trunks on and im coming over ! :eek:

Wonder what the weather will be like for the "40th Anniversary Trip" ,maybe well have an Indian Summer next month ! :D

regards,

Archived