Dress Policy?

travgurl

This is some wise words from a friend of mine:

Arguing on this site is not going to accomplish anything...:(

*sigh* Kurbanfan....you are so right. And this topic is getting so old. I don't even know why I bothered to post. :confused:

ONLY when they look down on someone who doesn't...

I don't look down on people regarding the jeans. IMO I don't think it's appropriate but that is not looking down, it's just my opinion. As far as wearing shorts on formal nights as I mentioned in my previous post.....YES that is totally inappropriate.

Quote: Carnival Also advertises that they are "The FUN ship" Not the snooty nose in the air ship... like the QE2 Unquote

river sand bar. So obviously if someone disagrees with you and dresses appropriately, they are snooty?

BTW How many trips on the QE2 or the QM2? Did you dress according to their standards?

river sand bar. So obviously if someone disagrees with you and dresses appropriately, they are snooty?

BTW How many trips on the QE2 or the QM2? Did you dress according to their standards?

No, thats NOT what I said.... they are snooty when they look down upon someone who doesn't dress they way they do, NOT when someone doesn't dress appropriately. There is a big difference.

Look, there may be people out there that go on Carnival because its the best that they can afford. Carnival is a cheaper price cruise line... so therefore it attracts people all all income levels.. plain and simple. If you want to vacation and be around people that ONLY cater to well to do folks,and spend every night in a formal attire dress then there are other cruise lines that support that life style.

hdawson... and just how many $1000 shirts do you own??

ROFLMAO. Not one. Not even $100. What in the world does the price of my shirt, or yours for that matter, have to do with appropriate dress? And I don't own over priced, designer label jeans. They're still denim and denim was developed for hard wear. Work clothing. My grandfather was a boilermaker on the railroad and wore denim overalls daily since he did alot of welding and denim would stand up to that. When he got home, he showered, shaved and dressed, if not for his lovely wife, for his own pride and good feelings. He was a quiet and polite gentleman and he learned his manners and social graces from his mother. He also had events two or three nights a week in which he dressed in one of his suits.

Carnival Also advertises that they are "The FUN ship" Not the snooty nose in the air ship... like the QE2

Hmmm...I must have missed that commercial. Did they have people singing and dancing like the Carnival one? Maybe one of those "fat ladies" from the Opera? :)

This is how I look at it. I'm your average middle class late 40ish woman.....you know the deal.....hubby, two kids, no dog though. Used to have a cat, a few fish and some pet hamsters. :D Carnival is by no means a 5 star line but I consider them as my hosts. Yes even though I am paying for the vacation they have a suggested dress code each night which I like to follow. Anyway, if you were invited to a Sat night wedding to a country club/nice catering hall, would you go in jeans or shorts? I know I wouldn't. I would probably wear a cocktail dress or a very fancy pants suit, my husband would be in a suit. I dress for the occasion. If I go out to dinner to a pizza place or diner I will wear jeans or shorts depending upon the season. If I go to a fancy restaurant, I will wear a nice pair of slacks/capri's or a dress, again depends on the season. and that are my thoughts.:)

I love you over there, Kurban. Some need to lighten up.

Hey thanks Judy! The feelings mutual:) Good to see you have my back overthere. Sometimes I swear I can feel the heat from their nostrils when they see my name on a post :eek:

Hey it's all in fun:D :p ;)

This is how I look at it. I'm your average middle class late 40ish woman.....you know the deal.....hubby, two kids, no dog though. Used to have a cat, a few fish and some pet hamsters. :D Carnival is by no means a 5 star line but I consider them as my hosts. Yes even though I am paying for the vacation they have a suggested dress code each night which I like to follow. Anyway, if you were invited to a Sat night wedding to a country club/nice catering hall, would you go in jeans or shorts? I know I wouldn't. I would probably wear a cocktail dress or a very fancy pants suit, my husband would be in a suit. I dress for the occasion. If I go out to dinner to a pizza place or diner I will wear jeans or shorts depending upon the season. If I go to a fancy restaurant, I will wear a nice pair of slacks/capri's or a dress, again depends on the season. and that are my thoughts.:)

This pretty much sums me up, I am not keen on formal wear on a cruise, but Carnival is my host, and it is just good manners to adhere to the suggestions of your host (you were warned of the dress code before you "paid for this vacation"). I really enjoyed the casual dress code on NCL, but I chose Carnival as my host this time and will follow the rules.

I haven't taken your posts as snobby, but there are some others that do come across that way.

MAC

All the same players...all the same....(Oops...can't say that...)

Yawn......

I think it is time to start a jeans thread just so you have something to do tonight.......LOL.....:p :p :p

I am looking forward to dressing up and to making my kids do the same. :) I doubt I will care what others are wearing, I will just be happy to be on vacation.

I do remember the first time I saw someone at a wedding wearing jeans though - about 5 years ago. They stood out. However, if quite a few people are wearing jeans (from what I have learned from this site - they do) - I think those wearing jeans would be fine. :eek: IMO, to each there own...

All the same players...all the same....(Oops...can't say that...)

Yawn......

I think it is time to start a jeans thread just so you have something to do tonight.......LOL.....:p :p :p

Hey, not really all the same stuff. This has been a tame "J" thread compared to some. Only 60 some posts in a day. Plus, I think that OP actually could find the answer to his/her question on the 1st page. No record breaker here:rolleyes:

Heck, we're still 50 posts away from calling for the "Beating the Dead Horse" icons/photos.

Charlie

Time to post my Male "Carry-on" bag wardrobe for a seven day cruise on any of the mass-mass market lines.

Day-time:

2 pair sweat type athletic shorts

3 "T" shirts

Flip flops

mandatory baseball hat - Favorite team

Evening

1 pair Dockers

2 collared polo shirts

pair boaters or sneakers

3 pair - jockey underwear

Make use of that clothes line in the shower and rinse out on regular basis if you care about your fellow passengers. If not and "it is my vacation" then all can wait until you get home for a proper washing.

And the best part is that all of the above can be picked up at your local GoodWill shop for under $50.

Now no one can say they can't afford a proper wardrobe when they go on a cruise and it is cheap enoung that you do not even have to pack it up at the end of the cruise. Just leave it in the garbage. That way you will always have new(old) clothes for each cruise.

Hey, not really all the same stuff. This has been a tame "J" thread compared to some. Only 60 some posts in a day. Plus, I think that OP actually could find the answer to his/her question on the 1st page. No record breaker here:rolleyes:

Heck, we're still 50 posts away from calling for the "Beating the Dead Horse" icons/photos.

Charlie

How did you know I was thinking of "Horse Sheez" I better not say that.....:D

Don't forget, you can save space for more smuggled booze by eliminating the 3 pair of jockeys.

Commando Rules:eek:

Charlie

Not sure if one can of beer more or less will make the trip but you have a good point. However, it does require a better fit on the athletic shorts and when one is buying off the rack in the Goodwill shop one does not always get that good a selection.

All the other kids that were seriously :cough: :cough: discussing the "J" topic have gone off and left us:(

I guess this one will never make a 6 pager with name calling, insults, pulled posts, etc.

Oh well, tune in next week when you will hear a famous poster say:

"Same to you, Mr. Smarty Pants!

or was that Major Frank Burns on M*A*S*H?

Charlie

Archived