Dress Policy?

travgurl

Not sure what all the hoopla is about?

Carnival, for the most part, DOES enforce the dress code - The only dress code is "NOTE: Shorts, t-shirts and bathing attire are not permitted in the Dining Room during dinner." I would think that would end it, but apparently not.

What else? This is the Carnival Cruise Line board - not some other cruise line board, even if owned by Carnival Corporation.

Uncle Bob in his new book states:

"Take a look at modern homes being built versus those our parents or grandparents bought. The formal living room (which those who still have it seldom use) has been replaced by the informal family room. Believe us, developers are no dummies. If their research showed that people wanted formal rooms, they'd be building them. The point is that most people want a more relaxed, unpretentious lifestyle."

Perhaps Carnival could start having dinosaur themed cruises for those trying to live in the past.

Uncle Mickey (Uncle Bob's boss) in his interview with Michael Eisner stated that the Carnival market was the mass market and not elitist such as the Trans-Atlantic cruises from decades ago.

Perhaps Carnival could start having elitist themed cruises for those trying to live in the past but those cruises would no doubt go bust as many of old "transport" cruises have done.

Uncle John (current CD of Freedom and boss of neither above), while he doesn't speak for Carnival, offered his opinion on his blog - an opinion nevertheless that seems to answer what we already knew:

"My strongest feeling is this. If I am dressed in a suit, and the person at the table opposite is dressed in a T-shirt and jeans, I am not going to enjoy my food and service any less. Providing they are in the realms of the requirements (no shorts etc) I think we have to offer a right to choose."

Can I get an AMEN ?

Not sure what all the hoopla is about?

Carnival, for the most part, DOES enforce the dress code - The only dress code is "NOTE: Shorts, t-shirts and bathing attire are not permitted in the Dining Room during dinner." I would think that would end it, but apparently not.

What else? This is the Carnival Cruise Line board - not some other cruise line board, even if owned by Carnival Corporation.

Uncle Bob in his new book states:

"Take a look at modern homes being built versus those our parents or grandparents bought. The formal living room (which those who still have it seldom use) has been replaced by the informal family room. Believe us, developers are no dummies. If their research showed that people wanted formal rooms, they'd be building them. The point is that most people want a more relaxed, unpretentious lifestyle."

Perhaps Carnival could start having dinosaur themed cruises for those trying to live in the past.

Uncle Mickey (Uncle Bob's boss) in his interview with Michael Eisner stated that the Carnival market was the mass market and not elitist such as the Trans-Atlantic cruises from decades ago.

Perhaps Carnival could start having elitist themed cruises for those trying to live in the past but those cruises would no doubt go bust as many of old "transport" cruises have done.

Uncle John (current CD of Freedom and boss of neither above), while he doesn't speak for Carnival, offered his opinion on his blog - an opinion nevertheless that seems to answer what we already knew:

"My strongest feeling is this. If I am dressed in a suit, and the person at the table opposite is dressed in a T-shirt and jeans, I am not going to enjoy my food and service any less. Providing they are in the realms of the requirements (no shorts etc) I think we have to offer a right to choose."

Can I get an AMEN ?

AMEN brother (or sister? lol)!!!!

:) Nicole Kidman's DH? He IS hot if that's who you mean

Sargent LOL!:D

Screw Nicole Kidman LOL!

I saw him in concert......2 feet away.....Oh Yeah you know what I'm talking about:D

Hey what happened to our friends:rolleyes:

Screw Nicole Kidman LOL!

I saw him in concert......2 feet away.....Oh Yeah you know what I'm talking about:D

Hey what happened to our friends:rolleyes:

LOL...maybe they won't last and then you can hook up and take him on a CRUISE!!!!!!!! make sure he brings his jeans and cowboy hat for formal night. LOL

LOL...maybe they won't last and then you can hook up and take him on a CRUISE!!!!!!!! make sure he brings his jeans and cowboy hat for formal night. LOL

Evidently you are not in to country.....Keith does not wear a hat..

Where are you from?

no not into country...but he could make an exception and wear a hat for formal night:D

I live in Miami. Five miles north of the port...lol.

You either just got off work...or you are way past your bedtime......

By the way where did the fashion police go:confused: Guess I scared them away......

Whose telling others.....I'm just stating my opinion, just like everyone else has. :rolleyes:

Aren't you the touchy one! No one pointed a finger at you but at those who do try to dictate to others. An opinion is one thing and a dictate it something else.

Aren't you the touchy one! No one pointed a finger at you but at those who do try to dictate to others. An opinion is one thing and a dictate it something else.

Not being touchy at all. You just interpreted it that way.

Leo Jay. Carnival doesn't specifically prohibit bathrobes either. They assume their guests recognize what is correct and what is not. Maybe they assume too much of Carnival guests.

Hah! If they made that assumption, they wouldn't provide guidelines. Besides, people have different ideas about what is correct. I think three-button dinner jackets and wing collars are 'incorrect'. People wear them, though. Doesn't bother me one bit. Why should it? :D

Archived