QE2 "Souvenir"

3rdGenCunarder

Myles

who now feels taking a few napkins and hiding them in my sporran will land me in the brig (l might just be in good company )

To steer us back toward the original question, do you mean table napkins or cocktail napkins? When they used to have the ginger and mints out after dinner, there would always be a pile of cocktail napkins. I would always take a mint and a handful of napkins. The mint I ate right away (geez, I feel like I have to clarify everything for this board), but the napkins went home as a souvenir, to be used when we were particularly homesick for QE2.

Last time I was on, they were so worried about people serving themselves, that the candies and napkins weren't around. Hope they're out again, as my supply is running low. (And yes, I would buy them if they'd sell packets of them in the shop.)

Kathy

(geez, I feel like I have to clarify everything for this board), but the napkins went home as a souvenir, to be used when we were particularly homesick for QE2.

Last time I was on, they were so worried about people serving themselves, that the candies and napkins weren't around. Hope they're out again, as my supply is running low. (And yes, I would buy them if they'd sell packets of them in the shop.)

Kathy

Kathy

Its the cocktail napkins l ment,perhaps other people had our thoughts and removed them before we got to them.... Seriously l would ask one of the bar staff for a few, and if you cross their palm with something, they lm sure will give you even more (lm typing this and cant help but wonder what people will make of it:rolleyes: ) Or even the room stewards carry a supply

Im sure the last cruise l was on they even served the ginger along with the petit fours, Matches were as usual on display

Somewhere in my small collection l have some of napkins dating from 1986.

In the good old days when Cunard had fly cruises, didnt the airlines use the Cunard stamped cocktail napkins to get passengers into cruise mood

Myles

who will never see napkins in the same light again:D

I love the Cunard matchboxes (remember bowls of them outside the Caronia Restaurant?)! I like to take home 10 of them and REFILL them as needed with wooden matches from various other places!

-Michael

Peter - far from it.

The ladies are quite safe!

Matthew

Just what do you mean by that, Matthew? I;m not good enough for you?

(Why don't they have a pouty face?)

Karie,

heck, I wouldn't even mind if you insisted on brining along your wife! <G>

(Oh heavens! I am JUST KIDDING!)

Just what do you mean by that, Matthew? I;m not good enough for you?

All I meant was that were you and Myles to go out looking for conquests, that the Ladies would be safe from any approach.

Am I wrong? :eek:

Matthew

;)

All I meant was that were you and Myles to go out looking for conquests, that the Ladies would be safe from any approach.

Am I wrong? :eek:

Matthew

;)

Well, of course you are right in that respect!

However, we might as them to join in our fun and merriment as we gather a band of merrymakers for foraging rais on the champagne and caviar stocks,

Right Myles? <G>

Karie,.

never met a champagne and caviar she didn't like - Well, dry or brut and not that cheap grocery store over salted roe stuff!

However, we might as them to join in our fun and merriment as we gather a band of merrymakers for foraging rais on the champagne and caviar stocks,

Right Myles? <G>

Karie,.

never met a champagne and caviar she didn't like - Well, dry or brut and not that cheap grocery store over salted roe stuff!

Returning momentarily to the topic at hand <g>....

Didn't I read elsewhere you'd like a ride home on my tender? With your teak chairs, rugs, steward with an oar in one hand and boullion in the other? We could work that out.

While driving to Rhode Island and going over the bridges in CT I noticed (I had the maps/atlas) several rivers end at the sound. Do one of those go up by you? We could even go fishing along the way.

Right Myles? <G>

Karie,.

Quite indeed Though Karie with your foraging for the champagne and caviar, If you ever found my cabin you would have a field day with the champagne. No caviar, alas l dont like it.

1051466967_QE2OCT2006CRUISEpart2166.jpg.6895e9fddb87efb9401457ad77891b08.jpg

Right Myles? <G>

Karie,.

PS: I'm sorry I yelled at you the other day. You yelled first, and I yelled back. Probably it would be best if none of us yelled at each other, and I will do my part to not do that. I apologise.

Peace and a tender,

Quite indeed Though Karie with your foraging for the champagne and caviar, If you ever found my cabin you would have a field day with the champagne. No caviar, alas l dont like it.

Cousin Myles!

Let's get together so you won't have to carry all that home. And I'll take all those nasty fish eggs off your hand for you too! <G>

(After all, we don't want any of it to "go bad!")

PS: I'm sorry I yelled at you the other day. You yelled first, and I yelled back. Probably it would be best if none of us yelled at each other, and I will do my part to not do that. I apologise.

Peace and a tender,

Angela. I take back all those nasty things I didn't say about you! <G>

We'll have to get together. I wasn't raised that way. It's not right to gossip. and I don't know the man and am taking what other people say as gospel. I have always been the one (new boss, whatever) to say, no, let's give (him/her) a chance. I'm not going to listen to what other people say. I'm going to make up my own mind. It is so easy on the internet to forget that it is still the real world and not some book you're reading or movie you're watching, and people with real feelings and hopes and wishes, and quirks. I'm about as quirky as they come, and I'm sure half the people I meet wish I'd fall off the face of the earth, and the other half think I bring light to the world. For all I know the people I speak of are lurking on these boards, and I have hurt them beyond all possible. It wasn't right of me to say nasty things about someone I've never met. I don't honor my father by acting in a way he never would have and in a way that he taught me was wrong.

I'm really sorry, Angela and everyone. It just isn't right. I know better.

I'm having a really rough time right now. 1 week from now is the 1 year anniversary of my father's death. there are a lot of unresolved issues, anger, resentment (not at him) and today I got a tiny card from his widow, saying she was interring his ashes this coming Sunday,. In Florida (A thousand miles away) In some ways I feel like I have lost him twice. He was my father over 50 years, her husband only 13. (She was his fourth wife) I feel like she has stolen even his memories. A strange will totally unlike any other he had ever written showed up after his death, leaving EVERYTHING to her, and if she died first to (first) HER kids (adults with kids of their own when they married) then his kids. Didn't even mention his only grandchild he doted on, by name. It just was not him, and was very suspect. but I never wanted any money. Just that his memories and mementos belong to his family. His flesh and blood. But those no longer belong to us. He has been hijacked. Losing the job I loved at the same time he died was a doubly devastating blow. Of course, this is no excuse for my boorish behavior. I'm just feeling pretty down these days. I'm fighting the depression and the disappointments. I'm finally starting to get psyched about our October cruise, and it can't come soon enough. If it weren't crazy for me to do so with that and the double crossing booked in April, (Plus a few other responsibilities) I swear I would go on the Labor Day cruise. Lord knows I need it!

Whether you know it or not (and some of you do, as you were there for me when this was all first happening a year ago) y'all have been my salvation. I know I have gotten testy a few times lately. It's not like me. I'm usually the peace maker. I'm sorry for what I've become, and I promise to try to do better.

So I apologize. And Mr. Rosenberg, I'd love to meet you some day. (Blow the smoke the other direction. I have lung disease!) You're probably my kind of person. I like people who dare to break the mold. I'm pretty much a mold breaker myself! (Thank goodness, huh?)

I hope y'all all have a safe and healthy fourth, or for our non US friends, A wonderful middle of the week, hump day!

See y'all on board!

Karie,

who is truly ashamed.

Ah! Canard du Chene - lovely stuff (and better than the Moet...) but whats with the Coke?

Guernseyguy,

Well since you ask, Threw a party for my 100th night onboard last year, and one of the invited guests didnt drink as she was on medication, so she had the coke. It ended up we had a bottle each, my main supply was in the ice machine in the pantry.

think if you and Karia ever sailed on the same trip as me l would need to give you both a private party for all that you would drink;)

Was thinking about having a party on the farewell trips that lm on, but the roll calls are getting too long for such cabin antics:eek:

I'm pretty much a mold breaker myself! (Thank goodness, huh?)

I hope y'all all have a safe and healthy fourth, or for our non US friends, A wonderful middle of the week, hump day!

See y'all on board!

Karie,

As for Karie being mold breaker, l rather fear her one exploded:)

cheers

Myles

See y'all on board!

Karie,

who is truly ashamed.

Karie, you really are being too hard on yourself and have no need to be ashamed. It indeed sounds as if the stress and upset over the anniversary of your father's death is becoming a heavy load and doesn't always allow for lighthearted thoughts. I promise it will get better once that day has passed. The first year is the worst.

Regarding his wife--we don't need to repeat or even peat (<g>) what we think of her, so let's think of something more positive. Did your father have any things from way back when, that would mean something to you but nothing to her? Seems she got what she wanted and since no one is questioning her, ahem, behavior, motives, greed, etc., she may be inclined to part with such items. You should ask, and sooner rather than later, as that's what you can do. Sinking into gloom and thinking too much about the past will just slow you down.

I'll stop now, as you surely don't need speeches, you need to get past this and have a nice voyage to look forward to, and all that forward-looking inspiriational stuff.

PS: Got a new clock from where you got yours. Did you happen to notice they seem rather fixated on ovulation/conception?

PS: Got a new clock from where you got yours. Did you happen to notice they seem rather fixated on ovulation/conception?

Angela! <LOL>

Thanks for the kind thoughts- I'm not sure what's left, and I really don't want to have to speak to her. Just trying to sort things out!

As for the above. Yes, I sure did! I had to laugh!

But then, maybe if we have good enough cruises we'll need one of those clocks OH NO!!!:eek:

Not if everything works right! I'm 52, will be 53 by the time of my cruises. I don't intend to start with kids now! Would love to off-load a few naughty cats, but Marc would probably shoot me!

Karie,

who is childless by choice! And the child should be truly grateful not to have me as a mother! <G>

Karie,

who is childless by choice! And the child should be truly grateful not to have me as a mother! <G>

We describe ourselves as child free, not child less. Makes it sound a more positive decision, which it was.

Matthew

We describe ourselves as child free, not child less. Makes it sound a more positive decision, which it was.

Matthew

Well, maybe. But I still have to pay for the stuff that KEEPS me child-free! <G>

But thanks for the spin!

Karie,

who is blissfully free of child!

Matthew

I like that! My parents learned to content themselves with grandcats. If we weren't child free we would probably not be WC platinum, or even gold. (no big tuition bills for cats, they're born knowing everything)

Hmmmm, I guess we are child-free by choice, and Welsh Corgi-blessed by neccessity! How could we live with out him? Just wish we could bring him with...(no, NOT in the kennels, but in our stateroom!)

Andrew

Angela! <LOL>

Thanks for the kind thoughts- I'm not sure what's left, and I really don't want to have to speak to her. Just trying to sort things out!

As for the above. Yes, I sure did! I had to laugh!

But then, maybe if we have good enough cruises we'll need one of those clocks OH NO!!!:eek:

Not if everything works right! I'm 52, will be 53 by the time of my cruises. I don't intend to start with kids now! Would love to off-load a few naughty cats, but Marc would probably shoot me!

Karie,

We DO NOT want any of those other clocks! Enough is enough already. :D

If anyone wants an already properly-raised and well-outfitted young man for a time, we've got spares.

Oooh, the other clocks are back. Whew. Now I know when we're leaving. Oh, btw Karie, when you went to Halifax was there ever an opportunity for swimming? Only inside, yes? I recall you said it was foggy, so probably forgetting sun lotion won't be a problem?

Matthew

No, you're described as Cheaters. We're just now getting to spend the money on ourselves.;)

We DO NOT want any of those other clocks! Enough is enough already. :D

If anyone wants an already properly-raised and well-outfitted young man for a time, we've got spares.

Oooh, the other clocks are back. Whew. Now I know when we're leaving. Oh, btw Karie, when you went to Halifax was there ever an opportunity for swimming? Only inside, yes? I recall you said it was foggy, so probably forgetting sun lotion won't be a problem?

I notice you only described Mathew and wife as cheaters, not me! <G>

Thanks! (It's different for girls!)

Hmm, swimming. I assume you mean on the boat? It rained three of the four days,. I was going to but did not get the chance. the last day was gorgeous people were sun bathing.

Definitely get the FRED bus. It is marvelous and our driver (i think it was Melvin) usually drives for the college kids, but he was doing the downtown business run because of the holiday. If you are lucky enough to get him,. he is personable will tell stories and show your the book about the hurricane and the big snowstorm and the floods and where he is quoted in in (Dangerous driving to get people to safety with downed trees everywhere!)

See the exhibit about the big explosion in Halifax harbor. See the Cunard model makers. See the Titanic Deckchair (Actually a recreation from an original which was salvaged by those attempting to rescue the survivors) and of course the piece of the Grande Staircase, along with dioramas and menus from each class. There is a 3D titanic movie. Make sure you know how to talk parrot with the Macaw on the first floor. He will come over to check you out if you know how to sound like a parrot (Which I do!) Vic the Parrot take heed!

So much to do there!

BTW, the FRED is free. We tipped our driver anyway. He was so much fun!

FRED= Free Rides Everywhere Downtown!

Pics,

Macaw, (I forgot his name)

Melvin and me

Fred!

Karie,

who wishes she could join you!

John and Joanne may know if the outdoor pool was open. They were caught sunbathing! <G>

p9040455.jpg.9b53a2a395197d0c91c647ee91d6763c.jpg

p9040439.jpg.1671a8782e8d2c4299bd253cb73fddaf.jpg

p9040436.jpg.6850b96167109e968c4f9e372799971c.jpg

I notice you only described Mathew and wife as cheaters, not me! <G>

Thanks! (It's different for girls!)

Hmm, swimming. I assume you mean on the boat? It rained three of the four days,. I was going to but did not get the chance. the last day was gorgeous people were sun bathing.

Definitely get the FRED bus. It is marvelous and our driver (i think it was Melvin) usually drives for the college kids, but he was doing the downtown business run because of the holiday. If you are lucky enough to get him,. he is personable will tell stories and show your the book about the hurricane and the big snowstorm and the floods and where he is quoted in in (Dangerous driving to get people to safety with downed trees everywhere!)

See the exhibit about the big explosion in Halifax harbor. See the Cunard model makers. See the Titanic Deckchair (Actually a recreation from an original which was salvaged by those attempting to rescue the survivors) and of course the piece of the Grande Staircase, along with dioramas and menus from each class. There is a 3D titanic movie. Make sure you know how to talk parrot with the Macaw on the first floor. He will come over to check you out if you know how to sound like a parrot (Which I do!) Vic the Parrot take heed!

So much to do there!

BTW, the FRED is free. We tipped our driver anyway. He was so much fun!

FRED= Free Rides Everywhere Downtown!

Pics,

Macaw, (I forgot his name)

Melvin and me

Fred!

Karie,

who wishes she could join you!

John and Joanne may know if the outdoor pool was open. They were caught sunbathing! <G>

I was told by a friend who is also a Cheater that all who choose to be child-free are so named because they get to spend the money on themselves from the get-go, without the detour that children require. This was with regard to travelling, of course!

Yes, swimming on the boat. Any outside water north of Florida I let the fish do the swimming...too cold. We'll bring our bathing suits to be ready for any available swimming and/or sunbathing.

Now see, we were planning on walking around Halifax, and now you say FRED is better? From reading the Cunard excursions (for ideas) it seems there are interesting places to go but are within walking distance. I think I know how to speak Macaw because once at the Renaissance Fair in the Parrot Jungle one of them took a shining to me. And I am liked by dogs. :) Not at the same time, of course.

Hey, nice hat! And it looks like the weather there was amenable enough for you to wear your Parrothead shirt (short sleeves), so we'll plan for swimming, warm, cold, hurricane. Hurricane paths are towards the northeast that time of year. Of course, we need to have a hurricane season for that to happen. Pretty quiet this year, eh?

Archived