Dining room/Dinner Dress COde

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/whatToKnow/whatToPack.do

"Remember, shorts, T-shirts, and bathing suits are not considered appropriate attire in the dining rooms at dinner. Casual dress dining is available nightly in the Windjammer Cafe. And be aware you'll also need smart casual attire for some of our specialty restaurants."

Technically no. But as everybody here knows, RC very rarely says anything to you if you wear shorts in the dinning room. I have seen many men with nice dress shorts and a polo shirt show up for dinner and nobody even blinks an eye. So why everybody here will tell you NO, can you??? sure. Should you?? well, that's another thread all together.

As stated above, Royal Caribbean says that shorts are not appropriate attire for the dining room during dinner.

Do some people wear them?.... YES. There are always some people who will march to the beat of a different drummer.

The vast majority follow the suggested dress attire.

Personally, I prefer seeing everyone dressed up in the dining room. And as previously stated, you can get just as great a dinner at the Windjammer. So if you don't want to dress up, that's where you should eat.

There will always be someone determined to "buck the system" so-to-speak, be different, or just bring attention to themselves by "dressing down"!

And as previously stated, you can get just as great a dinner at the Windjammer.

I've only had a few breakfasts and lunches in the buffet, all of them horrid. On every ship and line I've ever cruised on. Do they really serve the same food in the buffet at dinner as they do in the dining room?

Just the fact that I have to serve myself keeps me away from any buffet. But, for those who want to wear shorts, it's an alternative.

We dress up everynight...on the 2 formals we are formal...the rest of the evenings I dress up like we are going to a really nice restaurant (because we are going to a really nice restaurant!!!) if we were going to Luby's we would wear shorts.... but then I still don't think people should wear shorts to church....will people ruin my trip because they wear shorts ...well not really because maybe at home they have to dress up everyday and they are sick of it...I work in the heat and dress down everyday...so it's a treat to pamper myself and get all dolled up...plus maybe someday the powers that be will notice and I'll get invited to dine with the Captain....now there is a reason to dress up!!!

Oh yeah, I NEVER eat at Windjammer, it's dining room or not at all.

OK, now I have coffee spit to clean off my screen :D

Thanks for the chuckle!

You're welcome. just thought I would interject some humor to the ever so boring dress code threads. :D Have a good day, and get another cup of coffee. I promise I won't make you spit it again since I am going shopping now. Off to the western wear store. :D

Technically no. But as everybody here knows, RC very rarely says anything to you if you wear shorts in the dinning room. I have seen many men with nice dress shorts and a polo shirt show up for dinner and nobody even blinks an eye. So why everybody here will tell you NO, can you??? sure. Should you?? well, that's another thread all together.

Unless going on Brilliance of the Seas where shorts, tank tops, flip flops and hats are not allowed, and there's that wonderful sign by the door of the dining room. And the stass will turn you away.

Fran in Toronto

Archived