From Pier 66 (NCL) to Pier 69 (Victoria Clipper)?

travel dog

We will be embarking from the Norwegian Pearl at Pier 66 and going directly to Victoria via the Victoria Clipper, which leaves from Pier 69. What is the best way to get us -- *and* all our luggage -- from 66 to 69? Is it walkable?

Even if it is walkable normally, one of us may still be on crutches and not able to walk and pull/carry her luggage, so what would other options be? Don't suppose there are any handy push carts for going up and down the waterfront....

Thanks for any help.

We will be embarking from the Norwegian Pearl at Pier 66 and going directly to Victoria via the Victoria Clipper, which leaves from Pier 69. What is the best way to get us -- *and* all our luggage -- from 66 to 69? Is it walkable?

Even if it is walkable normally, one of us may still be on crutches and not able to walk and pull/carry her luggage, so what would other options be? Don't suppose there are any handy push carts for going up and down the waterfront....

Thanks for any help.

Since the Pearl stops in Victoria the night before couldn't you just get off there with all of your luggage? Or is that not allowed?

Since the Pearl stops in Victoria the night before couldn't you just get off there with all of your luggage? Or is that not allowed?

Trust me -- I've been mulling over that possibility. Although I don't know if it *is* possible - haven't asked.

The other thought we've had is taking all of our luggage off (except an overnight bag) and leaving it at our Victoria hotel (Royal Scot), which is just a block or two from the Inner Harbour. Then the next day we wouldn't have anything to contend with except one small bag, and - among other benefits - walking between the piers would be no problem.

Moneywise, it's actually less expensive to stay on the ship (no hotel for the night, no meals we have to pay for until Sunday p.m.), and the ferry over sounds pleasant .... but I sure would love to ditch the luggage! I may pursue that possibility.

Thanks!

What if you just sent the one with crutches in a cab with all the luggage? I *might* be wrong, but I *think* there's an extra person charge in the cabs...but I might very well be wrong.

Or maybe you could make some cyberfriends on this board, and see if any locals will be there with their car when you are? :)

If there is anyway for you to leave your luggage in the Victoria hotel, I would do it. While the distance is walkable, for someone on crutches it will take longer than normal, say 20-30 minutes versus 15-20 minutes. That being said, walking is free versus paying for a taxi to go around the block and back up to Pier 69.

Added bonus of not checking luggage on the Clipper? You get to embark and disembark first.... It's a great trip there and back, the top speed is about 30 knots which feels like a rocket compared to the speed of the ship! Have fun!

• 4 weeks later...

The more we talk about it, the more we like the idea of taking our luggage to our Victoria hotel the night we make a port call there. Then we'd be able to get off the Pearl early (if we wanted to) and not have major luggage to check on the ferry back to Victoria.

We've decided to wait until we're on the ship to see just how much luggage we're talking about and be able to ask someone in person if there would be a problem as far as the ship is concerned. I'm trusting the hotel would store it overnight; they've been very accomodating so far.

Should that not work, I really like the idea of putting the one of us on crutches (hopefully just a cane by then) in a cab with all the luggage and letting the other two enjoy an unencumbered walk between the two piers.

Thank you, everyone - what a great resource this is, just to help one *think*. When you wind up falling into the role of "the planner" (as I suspect most of us did), there's no one to talk to about these things.

Guest maler

Something to keep in mind is that the Clipper is not a smooth ride like a cruise ship so if you have any sea sickness issues be prepared.

Archived